What are you working on (in February 2023)?

Cassel

Date-01-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in February, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

I just LOVE Cassel's Punches; I used her Edge Punches to make the black border around the dancing people. Such an easy way to "dress up" your page. I would love to see a new set of Edge Punches (hint-hint). The font is Grenadier NF from 1001Fonts.

large.464032399_FABDLRoaringTwentiesParty!600.jpg.e1112f1f57caba0c8ec464d2d7afe230.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Well here is my promised Easteregg as a stencil. I'm going to use it on a card, but I have time enough to do so later. I'm not completely finished with customizing and exploring my new PSP 2023, but I wanted to finished this one first. The little eggs inside the big one come mostly from my stash and some came from Carole as freebies and some I just colored. I think the bunny was a freebie by CF some time ago

Stencil Paasei-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my monthly big cat calendar project for February 2023. I'll also put it up on Facebook with a large jpg in the files. The originals are 4200 x 2550. I think they came from Corel as a freebie. 

2023 FEBRUARY CALENDAR_600.jpg

Aw, sleepy cheetah.

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1

Okay - Ive  been playing too - not yet with that stencil beautiful stuff you are posting, but somewhere someone used a background paper that I think came from CF.  I had made abstract paper in one of the previous labs I've been working on and I thought - well let's see if I can put glitters on it too.  So I did one with gold glitters and one with silver glitters and then did one with an expanded glitter of silver that I put in my winter folder.  So here goes.

MLS Paper Abstract-Various Blues with Gold Glitter.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I can't seem to get my mojo going.  Lagged behind because Lab 10 Mod 12 wants to do a word art in the form of a tree (since it is December's mod, a Christmas tree); the holly and berries are no big deal since I've been practicing with the pen tool and practicing using the tablet and pen, but that word art form just escapes me.  I think the words are OK, but I don't like it with what I have in the background of the words and I didn't save the pspimage like I should have.  So now I will have to start over.  Although I'm ashamed of it, I will show you what I did.  You might have suggestions.

MLS Winter Word Tree.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Corrie-I love your Easter egg stencil.  It looks like it was quite a bit of work.  I still have not made up my mind on getting 2023 yet.  Good luck with your set up.

Anne thank you. Surprisingly it is not that much work, all the eggs are initially vectors that you can make bigger or smaller with the pick tool. So I made the big egg and 1 little egg that I duplicated  as many times as I wanted to have eggs, then rotated them or made them bigger or smaller. When I had them all arranged it was just filling them.

The set-up of psp is a lot more work, but I'm getting there. I already had a quick look around and that you can directly see what the blendmodes do on the layers is a big plus as I use blendmodes so often. The frametool needs more exploring.

5 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Okay - Ive  been playing too - not yet with that stencil beautiful stuff you are posting, but somewhere someone used a background paper that I think came from CF.  I had made abstract paper in one of the previous labs I've been working on and I thought - well let's see if I can put glitters on it too.  So I did one with gold glitters and one with silver glitters and then did one with an expanded glitter of silver that I put in my winter folder.  So here goes.

MLS Paper Abstract-Various Blues with Gold Glitter.jpg

I saw that paper (that someone used) too and wondered how to make it.  Yours are fabulous.  You must have a lot of supplies now that you are so far into the labs.  I estimate at my pace 3 or more years.  I hope to up the pace soon.  I get what you mean about your "mojo".  I wonder where I lost it?  Is this what it's like getting older (I"m  57), I thought it would much better than this.  My parents made it look so easy ( I wonder if they just didnt show to us adult kids).  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I can't seem to get my mojo going.  Lagged behind because Lab 10 Mod 12 wants to do a word art in the form of a tree (since it is December's mod, a Christmas tree); the holly and berries are no big deal since I've been practicing with the pen tool and practicing using the tablet and pen, but that word art form just escapes me.  I think the words are OK, but I don't like it with what I have in the background of the words and I didn't save the pspimage like I should have.  So now I will have to start over.  Although I'm ashamed of it, I will show you what I did.  You might have suggestions.

MLS Winter Word Tree.png

Mary, thank you for being brave and showing your struggles with word art, we will all learn along with you.  I am in the same boat.  It's not like there is a "formula" you can follow.  Word Art is not easy. 

• Love 1

Susan Ewert - thanks.  Sue Thomas and Ann Seebert make it look so easy.  And last year (or may be the year before) Carole had a challenge for putting words in a shape that REALLY had blown me away.  Carole has several tutorials on word art that I downloaded and looked at but did not try my hand at it.  This is the first time.  I know that multiple fonts is part of the game, and I've been taking some of the freebies that CF has and I've even begun to not install the fonts but using NexusFont.  You seem to be doing well with the labs, so don't give up.  They are great tutorials and challenges.  I've been intrigued seeing what others have done with the labs I've already been through.  There is a lot of imagination in our group - and that's the name of the game - isn't it?????

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Mary, I have just taken a look at your word art. The first thing I noticed is that you  have used all lower case, with some caps.  Although  lower case is ok, the norm is to use Upper case.    I will often use a lower case word, to place a short word between two letters  that  are tall, in subway art.  To fill the gap, making sure that the  small word is level with the top of the two letter. The word tree, although acceptable doesn't usually have an actual tree behind it. That is up to you, as you are the  creator after all.   I use the pen tool to draw tilted vertical lines to follow.  Text, while as  a vector format, is very easy to manipulate. Multiple fonts are used.  I don't use a different  font for every word.  I will choose  several, using them more than once in a word art.   I found one I did that  sort of resembles the one you did, as an example for you.  

Xmas word tree (1).jpg

Wow, this is really helpful.  Also I noticed how the color you chose for each word is representative of that word (eg. a bright sunny yellow for "bright" or blue calming color for "Peace" and so on).  I dont think I would have thought about that, but just seeing your Word Art it popped right out.  I think it's all in the little details isnt it.  And this makes me want to try it.  But first I must tackle my new camera, I think it might take a 7 yr degree in engineering to figure it all out.  

• Love 2

Sue Thomas - Thank you.  I had posted my attempt at word art in the hopes that you would have a comment that is helpful and that is.  I will try again.  Yours really looks like a tree while mine needs the tree in back of it to show that it is a tree.  Will try again.  Also, it is helpful to realize that it's okay to keep the choices of fonts to maybe two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK - this is my result

MLS Winter Word Tree-2_600.jpg

This one looks nice.  I see the words are closer together too, that's another thing I need to take note of.  I for one like the new "chockolate", the longer the word, the more time to savior the tastiness.  ?

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

This one looks nice.  I see the words are closer together too, that's another thing I need to take note of.  I for one like the new "chockolate", the longer the word, the more time to savior the tastiness.  ?

Well, thanks - I may leave it since it is part of the fun

I don't have a picture of myself that I like for my profile picture, so I took this one of my hand on my computer trackball mouse and shopped it to death.  I have tried to save it as my profile photo, but I don't know if it is going to work.  Oh well I had fun.

for psp picture 6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1