What are you working on (in Oct 2022)?

Cassel

I recently saw something like this on Pinterest, and I wanted to try if I could make it myself, here's the result.

The font is a free font I think from creative fabrica, Bomshel Script Slant. I made 3 masks using Carole's Raster to Mask script, which is very easy and fast with the script. That way I could also place a photo above the letters and below the letters instead of a color or paper or pattern.

I used a tube for the leaves, but I don't remember where it comes from.

large.22_10_22_mc_Wordart_Autumn_600.jpg

Marie Claire, STUNNING!  I too saw something like this and did a screen shot of the layouts as inspiration.  I had no idea how to even make it.  This is really beautiful.

Mary, I love that layout and the colors are so perfect.

Lynda, what a great graphic, I did try the CF spark.  it's pretty cool.

Monique, after you create your image for your cup/mugs, what do you use to get them onto the mug.  Or do you send them to a photo store.  They would make great gifts.

Carole, I have a problem, I think something is wrong with my settings.

I got this result with the palette maker 2 script.

photos from my DSLR (photo 1) are the dimensions 5184 x 3456 and there the result is ok.

the dimensions of the photos from my mobile (photo 2-3) are 4032 x 3024 and as a result I always get the following ?

The dimensions of the photo with the bird (3) are 3840 x2160 and the result is also not ok there.

Is there something in my settings that isn't right?

Susan, thank you,  I'm going to have to do it again, because I've done so much and of course not noted down, what I do remember is that I first made a raster with the edge and filled it in a shade of gray.

A second raster with the top text in a shade of gray

a third raster with the bottom text.

Then came the thinking of how to make the selections, I have to do that again to be able to explain it, because I don't remember how I did it myself ?

Marie-Claire / Cassel: I "borrowed" your bird photo as I was curious why a bluebird would have no blue in the palette. Here's the result: the extracted photo the script creates and the final product, that was the same as yours, Marie-Claire. Note the blue is gone from the extracted photo!

Marie-Claire: Thanks so much for the template. (I LOVE templates! ;-) ) Here is my version. Using Marie-Claire's template, here is Autumn Memories in the Hudson Valley. I used the same photo 3 times. The lettering and the border are a St. Patrick's Day paper.  I added flying bird silhouettes, and the Mallard ducks are tubes.

Autumn Memories in the Hudson Valley

Marie-Claire, I downloaded your template. I will be trying it as soon as I get my computer on the straight and narrow again. Thank you!

Becky Bee at Digital Scrapbooking posted a layout with this template that I liked so I downloaded the template. I had to search a bit but it is there. I am not sure I am happy with my  layout but it will have to do until later. I did modify the template a bit. Original used only 2 photos.

https://internationalwordart.com/ monthly template challenge october 2022

H and Ann, great layouts.  Ann I love the texture you did in your frames.  I love that framed look.  I just bought the ankscript (10 min. ago) and cant wait to try it out.  You sure have great subjects (cant go wrong with cats, dogs or any critter really).

Bonnie, I totally forgot about that method.  Wonder if it would go through the dishwasher.  You know how hard it is to get packing tape off of stuff, it might be durable.  And I know there is a crystal clear packing tape, I'd go for that one to keep the image saturated.

I have a problem in making a new letter of the stitched alpha tutorial in Lab 6 Mod 8. In the past my paint brush tool made the stitching without a problem. In trying it the past couple of days, the paint brush tool won't make the stitching as it did before - BUT the airbrush tool works just like the paint brush tool worked before! WHY?????