Scrap Bootcamp - July 2022

Cassel

How do people know if we have one day or two days on these projects?

I am having a lot of trouble!   My papers do not go together at all! I keep switching kits, and yuck...yuck..yuck!

I added a duplicate of my vector title so I could do the extra stuff to it...I think it was bevel, but NOW I DON'T REMEMBER because it's taken me so long to get to it! LOL!   I do not have the "vector" or "raster" words on my layers palette like you do Carole! So how do I know which is which?  (Why is no one else having trouble with anything? Surely one person out of the 75 in this class is pulling out his or her hair to match mine!?)

I'm going to reboot and come back.

BOOTCAMP-DAY5-ADVENTURE - This is a colonial-era tavern in my hometown of Warwick, NY. I guess the war was hot and heavy in this area. And not everyone was on the same page. There was a forge that was destroyed by Washington's troops because it kept selling munitions to the British! My late husband and I enjoyed cocktails in Baird's Tavern with Rotary friends. It's beautifully restored. I used a Revolutionary era map for the background and found a color palette for that era, too. The headline font is Classic Barbershop. I created a template from Carole's design. I'll post it in the Facebook files if anyone would like a simple, classic layout.

Day 5 Project Two.  I tried working the layout with horizontal paper elements but it was flat and boring looking.  I had the same problem Corrie (I think i was Corrie in the Q&A) had where my text outline had little horizontal lines instead or a solid continuous line.  Sure enough my line style was not on "solid".  Font is from Creative Fabrica I think, called Hustle Bright. Same with the cat and bats.  the papers are from Digital Scrapbook and the photo (extracted) is mine.  this time with no frame like in Project One.  The Gazing Bowl idea is from June Hunter, who photographers her dogs outdoor water bowl, usually in the fall, which collects falling leaves. She did one with Hellebores (not in the dog dish!) that knocked my socks off. So, I took the idea and ran with it as an abstract project.

Suzy (#79500), as Ann has mentioned, vector layers will have that little arrow on the left so you can see the individual "objects" inside the layer. In your case, you have a right pane in your Layers palette that is kind of blocking the view of information. On the left pane, if it was wider, you would see more information. Notice that you can scroll to the right to see all the content of the pane. For papers that don't go well together, have you been using some from the same kit? Typically, if they come from the same kit, they would use the exact same palette so they SHOULD coordinate. (#79515) Are you finally happy with the paper arrangement?

Kasany (#79502), you might want to look into adding shadows to your projects to simulate the thickness that papers would have. Same thing with the blue dots: the bevel on them suggests some thickness, but then, we would also expect matching shadows.

Ann (#79506), it is interesting to see a map as a background paper, but it is totally fitting for the project!

Hank (#79511), did you extract all those birds from a photo?

Susan (#79520), that project looks really mysterious!!! Good job on the shadows. It is harder to add shadows on dark papers. You nailed it.

Karen (#79524), good job on those shadows. I have one question: the three flowers with the bow on the top right, are they one single element? I suspect it is, and that would explain why the flowers don't have their own, individual shadows cast on the ribbon.

Hi.  I'm a little late as usual. I love my PSP, and am very appreciative of any instruction that I can get, problem is I am having problems finding my projects to upload. The psp program doesn't come up in the searches that I make.  Honestly, those projects are there somewhere.

Jannette (#79554), I see that you added a shadow that was consistent with looking straight down, and that would work if the light source was also straight up. I think that even if you look straight from the ceiling, it is also possible that a light source would be on the side, at least somewhat. But that is definitely a big lunch!!! :) By the way, what version of PSP are you using?

Ann (#79573), did you happen to stretch the photo sideways? You look a little squished.

You will have another "free" day tomorrow, so you can catch up.

Here's my Day 7 project 3, Expanding on the Larp and adventuring theme. The poem is a short extract from one of the many I have done with my writing group. Couldn't get hold of the kit you used with the glitter butterfly so tried some arty play with a paper one.

Whoops noticed a missing shadow,

Summertime in Florida and weekends are for boating.  My three grandsons look forward to Sundays because that's boating day (assuming that the weather cooperates!)  They love the ocean and spend several hours swimming, snorkeling and playing among the waves.  They've also been working on their tans.  Enjoyed this activity and was fascinated to learn how to use the glitter paper.  There are so many tricks and tips to learn.  Thanks Cassel!

My Great-grand Magic's mom has her at work making potions! (Yes, really, I think!) Day 7 Project, I made a template from Carole's example and then chose a kit called Summer in my Backyard-lrd,  that I used exclusively, though I had to reduce the opacity on most of it as the colors hurt my eyes! :-D Granddaughter-in-law Lucy supplied the title, text and photos. I'll leave the template in the Facebook files.

I downloaded a quick page from pixel scrapper in PSD format with layers and then saved it in pspimage format. I changed the papers and created my stripes in Filter Forge. I orginally was going to use the frames, but decided to line them up as was done in the video. That information was extremely useful. I love glitter and have a lot of glitter patterns already loaded. Any comments, recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I don't Scrapbook, so I love to embellish my text.