Scrap Bootcamp - July 2022

Cassel

Allen (#79001), welcome to the Bootcamp and the Campus. Lucky forward to seeing more of those cuties.

Karen (#79006), it will definitely be simpler if you use PSP on the same computer as the one you post in the forum! For the file extension, you need to use a jpg image. Maybe you were trying to post a .pspimage file? (#79053) Gremlins are usually in MY computer! I didn't expect to share them with the members :) (#79063) Speed is not necessary yet. You will see that it will go faster as you get more comfortable with the program.

Suzy (#79007), check out this post about using the "old ways". Here is another blog post about my 10 favorite shortcuts.

Susan E. (#79013), you can read about taking screenshots with PSP in this article. Although you can also use the PrntScrn from your keyboard and then paste as a new image in your PSP.

Ann (#79017), glad you figured it out for the screenshot. (#79055) Was that whole wheat bread?

Christiane (#79019), welcome back. Practice is always useful!

Lisa (#79033), glad to hear you learned something already in the first lesson. There is a lot more to come :) Nice tablecloth for your lunch/dinner!

Donna (#79046), that tablecloth reminds me of the vinyl "cloth" used for outdoor picnics!

Andrew (#79047), to add a tablecloth is just adding another layer. I see you managed to add a background successfully. You must be very hungry with three slices of bread!

Susan (#79050), glad you got the correct condiment in your sandwich. I hope you come back for another one!

Gerry (#79065), it would not have been a problem to have a big bologna sandwich: it is zero-calorie afterall!

Suzy: I suspect you are using the "alt" upload button located on the right end at the top of the message area. That would give you the large image. If you scroll down a bit, there's a large, gray "Upload Images" button on the left. If you use that your image will look a lot smaller but will be "clickable" so it opens large for inspection. Hope this helps!

Cassel/Carole: I have a question. If you look at my sandwich on my plate you can see where the bread, etc. seems to be pushed up from underneath by the rim of the plate. I did apply a buttonize effect to the plate rim but that was long before I added the sandwich! Never encountered this phenomenon before! :-\ (here's my image again so you don't have to go looking for it)

Ann (#79070), I am not really sure it has anything to do with the Buttonize command as that will add a rectangular/square effect on your image/selection, and it will be perfectly horizontal/vertical. On the other hand, did you add a shadow to the rim and maybe rearrange the layers afterward, leaving the shadow layer above the bread layer?

Cassel/Carole: No, I did the shadowing on the plate and saved it before adding the sandwich. When I added the sandwich, I did it in layers of components: first bread, then lettuce, then tomato, etc., each on its own layer. When the layers were added, they all looked quite transparent through the color, and I could see a hazy plate underneath. Very odd! I've never seen that effect before! I even duplicated the sandwich to try to make it more opaque. I had not changed the opacity on anything except the background. Ah, I bet that's what it is! You think? Maybe not because change the opacity doesn't seem to help. Here's the half-sandwich that looks bent on the plate. Without the plate it's not bent. None of my shadows are separate.

Ann, if the effect is not there when the plates are gone, I suspect it is one layer that shouldn't be there. Try hiding each layer above the sandwich, one by one to see which one might disappear.

Carole/Cassel: I hid everything, and this is what's left. I originally made a copy of the plate to be able to create the saucer under the cup. I also applied some effects to the saucer. Why is the original plate included in the effects? It isn't on that layer! Aarrgghh!

Ann, it looks like a cutout or a shadow. Maybe, when you added it to the saucer, you still had a selection of the plate. At least, you should be able to delete that "crescent" shape with the Eraser tool and see how it goes.

day 3, of the Boot-camp.

here my grandson is still a tiny boy, but now he is 21 and taller than me.

A few secs after this photo was taken lots of birds came to him. On his head and arms.

They were fighting for a grain of corn. The boy did not like that at all.

He felt attacked by the birds and cried out loud.

Just finished my workout and I need PROTEIN!  So off with the carbs and on (the plate) with the meat!  'Cause baloney is a good clean protein, right??  That's my story.  I bought new dishes this year  and some complementary cutlery.  Now I better go and eat...I am like a bear out of hibernation after a workout.

Well here is my Project 1 attempt. I am not the most creative I know.....

Anyway here is another picture of Kiah which was taken when I first got a DSLR camera. My daughter held her around the corner until I was ready with the camera and being a Shepherd dog she hates being separated and hence came dashing round when released. One of my favourite pics.Kiah in woods

Suzy (#79067), you don't need a saucer under your cup? How did you upload the image? If you use the Upload Image button at the bottom, it should post a smaller version of the image in the post, which can be enlarged by clicking on it. It seems like you might have embedded it instead?

Ann (#79070), I think we have solved the issue, correct? (#79095) Good work now.

Jannette (#79072), yes, that drag and drop is often new to PSP users! I see you used a small plate. I guess it is just a snack? :) (#79099) I suspect that you added a shadow with no horizontal offset or with a large blur as it appears on both sides of the papers. Can you check that? Having a shadow on the bottom-right only will give more of a 3D effect to the page.

Kasany (#79090) an open sandwich is always a good option!

Susan (#79112) it looks like you are getting ready to make sandwiches for everybody! That was a lot of layers to practice with!

Sharla (#79114), welcome back. It looks like you are having a salad with bread on the side. Why not?

Andrew (#79119), creativity will come when you get comfortable with the program and all the tools. Then, you won't have to think about the techniques and the commands all the time. That is a great photo and you really show a nice 3D effect with the shadows on the papers. I think you might have forgotten it on the photo. Is that possible?

Harmony (#79149), is that swiss cheese that you added? You have nice tableware! I hope it is a set of 12 at least so you can get company. (#79163) This is a beautiful layout. Out of curiosity, what does BR22 stand for? I assume it is a TV show?

Gerry (#79162), that is a beautiful paper! May I ask where you got that?

If you have not posted your first project yet, don't worry. You will have time tomorrow as the next project won't be until Friday only.

Yes, you are both right, Ann and Carole. I used the picture of the mountain in the icons above the message -- that's what I've always used!

Here is my homework. I wasn’t able to listen to the entire lesson, so I sort of guessed on some of it by looking at the end.

A free kit from Lynn Grieveson at The-LilyPad for getting on her mailing list. The offer is still good.

Carole, no, no saucer. It looked like a mug to me with that heavy handle, not a tea cup.

I am not happy with this so far. I downloaded a sports kit from pixelscrapper, and most of the elements are from that kit. The picture is of my grandson who had the opportunity to play rugby in Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam before covid. The grass is from Filter Forge. One reason that I don't like this page is because I could not find a way to replace the black with brighter colors. Is this normal for kits?

I think I posted my recent comment on the wrong site.  This is just to say that although I am reading all the entries I cannot contribute at the moment as i have family staying with me (two adults and two children) and I have to spend free time with them.  It isn't possible, nor would I want, to spend time alone in my office when there is a chance of being with family who live far away from me.  I'll catch up later, I hope, but it may take me a long time to reach your level.

Carole - The background paper and star scatters came from a kit called All the Star by Scrapvine. The stripe is from the free bundle that Creative Fabrica is offering now. It is in the Purple Ombre group.

I think it originally came from Digital Scrapbook (Pixelscrapper), but it is not there now. However, I found it at Scrapvine.com which had several nice kits available for free.