Scrap Bootcamp - July 2022

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp3-800-Title-400x300.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at the time, one concept at the time and you will create one project at the time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on July 11th, 2022, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your images to about 600 pixels AND saving in jpg format, before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready !

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

Jannette, if you posted in the forum, you are logged in. Your password is ok. To view the lessons, you get another password for each page. Did you get one this morning yet? The password is in the email, in green.

Here is my workspace.  I don't like seeing every color of the rainbow, and generally have 6-7 favorite colors.

I am having trouble ALREADY!!! LOL! I want to use this file, but it won't show up.  Swatch_Digichick 1.PspScript

I also have ones with a different extension that are not showing up, either

Image67.PspPalette

I notice that the ones showing up are from PSP 2022 and are nowhere to be seen in my files - these are the new files I moved everything into!

Whats the difference between a swatch with say 6 or 7 colors and a palette?

m7329abp3af7rarenfpq10wxq6ek75h2.jpg

I was in.

Thank you.

This 'oldie'  woman of 73 nearby 74 was NOT brought up with PS etc.

Sorry i can't place her an emoticon.

I was looking for a number, didn't know lettering can be used as well.

But i v seen en downloaded the tut of tody and printed it.

Thank you so much. Always something to learn in computering.

Suzy, typically, a SWATCH is ONE color bit while a PALETTE is a set of multiple swatches, grouped together. I can check further if you want, but so far, on my computer, even with 14 versions of PSP installed, I only have ONE file with the extension .psppalette.

Oh, I have about 15 of the psp palettes and the same amount of .pspscripts. I have a feeling they are all me trying to make a palette from Swatches (and it not working).  Ut I have the files to prove I tried!

How do we make our own palettes? I think I thought you were supposed to save every swatch? But then I couldn’t figure out how to make the palette from them.

Jannette, Welcome to the group. You said you were new, but I didn’t realize how new you were! :) I think text is important, too, along with a good headline or title!

Hope it works for me this time.   Last time I had so many problems getting into the site and posting that I had to withdraw.   As suggested I've opted for the Complete workspace, although I've always used the Essentials, and I've hidden the Palettes and Learning sections.  Looking forward to a good Bootcamp.   I'm posing one photograph today.

Hello all!

I love psp and learning about it. This is a screenshot of one of the pictures I plan to use and my psp workspace. I live in North Dakota and my husband farms.

Hope to get to know all of you!

Susan

Hiys all I m Harmony and hace been using psp since it first came out  but not so much in recent years and more for digital images than photographs.

This is onne of the photos I want to use, I am figuring doing some pages about LARP, one particular one which is disabled friendly. Person in viking garb pushing a walker in a field

I like to use a dark workspace and just keep the materials and layers pallettes, I too prefer the classic materials pallette. I am using PSP 2020