Theme Challenge - FRIENDSHIP

Cassel

Theme-Friendship.jpg

You surely have photos of you and friends, whether from recent times, or long time ago. Friends playing together, having a party, at the pool, at the park, etc.

It is time to showcase those photos and stories. I am sure you will have stories to tell! It might even be a time to go down memory lane!

Let's go!

Here's my entry in the July Friendship Challenge. Most of my friends are Facebook friends that I met through a book club group there. We have since gotten together in real life also. My layout is based on a sketch I had in my files and I transformed it to a template. I have fun doing that! I hunted for the real font for Facebook and discovered I had it. It is Century Gothic Bold. My title was supposed to be done with Block Type but it didn't work for me so I used multiple layers of the raster layer of it.

Edit: I see the journaling is too small so here's the text:

We all met as members of the Facebook group called ASOIAF that was dedicated as a book club for George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, which eventually was turned into the HBO series, "Game of Thrones." When I joined there were more than 80,000 members all over the globe.  I appreciated that with such a large group the rules were enforced, and no one was allowed to make trouble. Our smaller group, made up of mostly group administrators, traveled and got to meet in person at fantasy conventions every year or so. They were lots of fun and fond friendships were developed though there are vast differences in our ages.

I was still doing those blockletters and Sue showed that you can have them transparent too. I'm not entirely happy with the result though; I think I have to make the angle of the block a bit different. But I wanted to make something with them.  The heart with the paws was a freebie by CF today, very timely! On the pictures of the dogs I used the PaintSplash script and made nametags but in this resized version that is difficult to read  so I include one of them and made them with the tutorial in the Lab for this month (Lab 12-7). The dogs are not mine but belong to my daughter and I took the photos when I was visiting in America.

Yes!  Birds do have friends.  In the split photo frame, is the same bird, where  I blended  two photographs together using a mask.  Metallic text (friend).  Out of bounds. A wood frame I made using colours from the block of wood. Frame for the text is  a font called  frame creator.   The Robins have  also been enjoying the homemade blueberry jam,  feeding it to their young.  Now I have   fledgling Robins coming to the  dining table  to tuck into the jam.  I took these photos early last week.  Earlier this evening I took shots of the  Robins at the  table, including  a fledgling.  Which means I will be doing  a page of Robins.

I see that everyone  has been busy, while I've been away for 4  fun days in the saddle.  I spent most of  today cleaning tack, mucked out the horse box,  washed, cleaned  and  put everything away that I took to sleep under the stars.

hello Sue, I absolutely  love the bird photos you take and the way you present them.    I enjoy viewing them very much.

hello Bonnie.. glad to see you still enjoy pickleball .. the pages you have created are great memories of times shared with your friends.

best wishes to you both,

Dawn

My dear April, thank you ever so much.  It gives me great pleasure knowing that  my efforts are appreciated, and  gives much joy to those that view my pages.    Mrs Oriole  has her fill, and then takes  some back for her nestlings.  Composition of two photos, before using the  split photo technique.

Bonnie these are awesome.  So many varied layouts.  I enjoy reading them.

Fabulous page Sue. Thank you for the larger write up, I didn't know birds had friends.  I can totally see that.  I love the part where you said ...."sleep under the stars".  It's sounds wonderful.

Guest Guest

A real friend will never exploit a person’s trust. Rather, a true friend is loyal, trustworthy, and loving...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a weird thing going on where I couldn't log in for 2 days so didn't quite get this up before July ended here it is anyway.

My grandchildren are some of my best friends. It's awesome being a grandparent you can be a friend in a way a parent can't as your not responsible for the day to day ongoing discipline.