What are you working on (July 2022)?

Cassel

Dawn, those are lovely!

Susan, I’m going to Google Highkey and try to make more of my photos in that style because I really like it! Thanks for the info, and beautiful example!

Mary, that LO is divine, and your gulls are perfect! I tend to lean toward that style myself, so seeing the gulls shows me a little dollop of extra sumthin’-sumthin’ I could do without getting all crazy with gratuitous ribbons and buttons.  I also like how you just put it all on top of a beach photo. Really, it’s stellar!

I’m impressed with so much I see here in the thread, but I’m afraid to go back further to comment because I might lose this post and have to retype it!

Suzy, your newsletter is very impressive. Great job! I enjoyed it and I'm not a daffodil enthusiast. Do you use MS Publisher or Word for the page layouts? Looking forward to joining you in Bootcamp! I sign up every time it's offered as I work best with frequent assignments to motivate me.

I have been a bit absent lately, but the good weather and a bit of normality back is a big invitation to enjoy the summer, as it doesn't last long... Also, traveling more too.

But coming here and seeing all this beautiful work is a joy for the eyes.

Great work, Ann, Mary, Susan, Pirkko, Brian, Corrie, Anne, Sue, Bonnie, and the newcomer, Kasani Karvas!

And a special compliment to Dawn for posting again after so many years. Your cards are gorgeous as before!

Thanks so much Cristina for your greeting .  when you mention so many years it made me stop and think and yes my last post was in November 2019. time goes very quickly . I hope you had a wonderful time away. Best wishes are sent your way.

Dawn.

I was just playing with a little framing, using this gorgeous watercolor a friend showed me. The artist is Cori Lee Marvin. I used Cassel's stitching frame, echoing the sewing theme and played with drop shadows, mostly on the mat, and I like the illusion of depth that I achieved. I have this on my desktop. I've named it Singer with Goldfinches. :-)

Used cass's twisted ropes picture tube and the vector tube script on the text and to make the frames. It's hard to see at this size, but it really made the layout come together. I'll post the full size on the Scrapbooking with PSP page on FB if you want to see the detail.

Hi, I've had some false starts and a disaster but I persevered and got the third part of Lab 5 11. I have also added a signature to the bottom right of this offering. I made this one in 2018, an updated version of one I created in 2014.

Did you know you can use a signature as a watermark, just enlarge the signature place it across your image and adjust the opacity so you can see your image reasonably well under the signature; theoretically no one should be able to pass off your work as there own

This morning I downloaded one of the daily gifts from Creative Fabrica, the flowers laced envelope. I thought to myself I can use this to create a tag this evening. I then got playing with it, and created several elements to be used at a later date. Many of you will be like myself, becoming overwhelmed by the volume of content in CF. A great deal isn't what I would ever use, or would I! Before you dismiss anything you see, take a longer look. It will pay off. I often download stuff, and modify it to suit my needs, like this envelop. I created a mask out of it. Here are two that I did. For the tag flowers, I filled them with yellow using the magic wand to match the flower photo I took yesterday. The flower petals even match the petal style in the photo. There are always so many possibilities.

I even managed to get a solitary wasp in the shot :-)

Well, it's 1am here in Memphis and I have finally finished Lab 9 Mod 6. For this one, I really enjoyed making the fan and made several of them - this one had an oriental feel (I had made a pattern of a photo I had taken of my friend's oriental rug), so I finally decided to go with an oriental setting. Instead of dragons, I used some swirls I had made months ago from an idea on a sketch. For the lab: multifont sticker - I did not want to use a "fun" font for the sticker so I only used one font - changed it

up with the warp mesh, but did make a sticker out of it; also called for "scribble text". Well, it definitely came out "scribble"! However, mysterious was a good word for it and so it is the mysterious east (I think the word mysterious will work for a Halloween layout sometime). The emerald linking the 2 photos was made with a script from Cassel.

Dawn, you really do put a smile on my face, with your  kind comments on my photography and pages.  It pleases me no end, that you enjoy the photographs.  Setting  the stage quite often with removing, moving obstructions, and  getting the right angle before taking a shot.  It's more difficult to do that  with insects and animals though, although  some will comply, as they seem to  willing and enjoy posing  for me.

Far to many pages to comment on individually, so all I'm going to say is, all round spectacular pages submitted by all you ladies and gentlemen.