Template Workshop 2022

Cassel

For repeating the previous action I use a button from the edit menu and have it placed on my layers palette for easy access.   I find it an easy way to repeat an action especially when adding shadows and on the layers palette it is very handy.   I only use a mouse and I have to use 2 hands for Ctrl Y  .. this way I don't have to leave the mouse.

If you want to add it to your task bar or layers palette,  go to view, customize and under commands select edit  (on left under categories heading) and on the right under Commands it should be 3rd icon down, then simply drag the icon to your task bar or the layers palette.

I have several of my most used icons added to the task bar in this way.

Hope this is ok to post Carole.

I'm like Euka. I use my mouse and not the keyboard (except for text). However, I have set up a custom tool bar that has all the icons I use the most. Over 30 of them right at the top of my screen. Just click on it and it either activates the tool or brings up the box to make adjustments.

Yes, the tools are on the left of the screen but for say the pick tool, if that isn't the one selected in that grouping, you have to change it. With the pick tool being on my custom tool bar, I click on it and have the pick tool. The icons for items from the menus really saves time, especially something like drop shadow that is used a lot.

This is just something that I have done through many versions of PSP. In fact, I have a written list so that I can set it up when I get a new version (since most of the time that doesn't transfer from a previous version).

Minka sorry for my late reply. In Breda the city next to where I live their is a balloon company that offers this experiences. The owner is a price winning pilot, not only in the Netherlands but internationally and has been to many balloon festivals, including some in the Alps. That would have been fantastic to see, but just here and seeing up close my own region from the air was great!

Carole my husband didn't come along on the ride, he prefers to be on "terra firma" bt took the photos of the lift-off and some on the moment I had to pay attention to the instructions etc. The bulk of the photos are mine.

So, after a very hard week at my job I finally created my first template.

I used a stockfree photo. The Background is marisal gl20 feb solid paper and was a bit darkened. The rectangle is DadyDCS aix KP d'hiver_Pap2 and the raster paper is ps_sharon-dewi-stolp_314151star light-paper-stars-blu_pu.

The font called Palatino Linotyp at 500.

It was hard work but I finally got it. It's Template Day 1.

Fiona,  (#74316)     Carole has a nice selection of crotchet lace picture tubes in the store.  I also have a  varied selection of lace brushes, including some nice  Xmas ones.  Which ever you use the  technique will be the same to create a frame, round, square or rectangle.  The picture tubes can be  used to  create round or oval  frames using the vector  tube script, even rounded cornered rectangles or squares.  The same will apply for some brushes, using the vector  brush script.    To create the frame I  used in the frame, I used Carole's   mitered corner script, which is very quick and easy.  There is also the circular script.  If you don't have them, check out  these two tutorials in the creative scrap, in the campus.  Ribbon frame and  wood frame.   I find it's always a good idea to learn how to  do these things myself.  Even though I have the scripts, as more often than not a  technique will be demonstrated, which can be used in other ways,  for different projects.

Carole #74302

SCRIPT PROBLEM SOLUTION FOUND

Carole, Regarding the problem with the Script, I found a solution.

Somebody had posted on the Corel Forum with the same problem.

It turns out that the Script Recorder added a Path line to the LayerArrange part of the code. Following the instruction from the Forum (and the example that was supplied), I was able to remove the offending line and get my Script to Run exactly as I wanted.

In case anyone is interested (or someone can reach out to Corel to have this bug addressed), here is the link https://forum.corel.com/viewtopic.php?t=68584

Carole, as always, thank you for your valuable input.

My day 6 with kit - PSPTK _ Avril 2017 et day 7 with PSBT Cozy Kitchen Septembre 2018

Thank you Carole for this great week of patterns, I enjoyed the little tricks shown and it made me think of things I knew but didn't use (like shift D) because I use the keyboard a lot

Bravo to all the participants who have stopped by so far.  There are some lovely creations with a nice variety of photos, kits.

It takes me "hours" to scroll true all the lovely layouts for this workshop!!!!

This are both templates for day 6. On the What a view page I used a map as background and the word strips are from the balloon kit I use mainly for this theme. The balloon I extracted from a photo; the font is Stencil. On the other page I used the space for an element to put an extra photo. It has no title only some journaling. The plaids I made another time but the colors match, so I re-used it. The background is a photo of the sky with the opacity lowered. I have several sky photos and they are great as backgrounds., just as maps.

Can someone have to many hobbies? Yes, you can! :D

I had to finish another project (not PSP) before starting this template workshop, but here are the first 6:

The one for lesson 3 could of used more texture/patterned papers.......I didn't remember the kit I used, so left it this way.......