Quick Page Workshop - Feb 2022

Cassel

Another waterfowl (mallard duck) from the pond in Sardis Park, Chilliwack, BC. I call it "Morning Dance".  And my QP extra is from a drive in the Fraser Canyon (British Columbia).  Eagles are plenty in that part of the world.  Harrison Mills, close to Chilliwack, has a salmon run that attracts many Eagles.  They also hang out in the farm fields.  This particular tree was down a steep embankment so the Eagle was at my height where I shot the photo from.

here is my result for Quick Page Workshop – Feb 2022

images are from Unsplash - I little change the brightness of the Quick-Page itself. The biggest challenge I think is finding the right colored images for these backgrounds - are so very variegated

Quick Page #02 – My family is Ready for Mardi Gras! My daughter, Debbie and her granddaughter, Magic, are draped in Mardi Gras beads for this photo from Northern California. New Orleans was the home of Deb’s husband, Lucky, and for many years they lived there. This is a reprise of a previous Quick Page for me, but I felt the design worked for the excess that Mardi Gras is famous for! The headline font is Horror, and I used a black stroke to emphasize it. I found the Mardi Gras beads on NicePNG, the brad I already had.

This are my Quick Page Extra #1 and #2. As I did the BusyBusy Chaleenge of last year I now only do the Extras. The photo of the snowdrop I took this afternoon! Spring is around the corner, but at the moment we have heavy rain and there will be storm later in the week, so spring will have to wait a little longer I guess.

Sharon, fun pages, both of them.

Susan, glad you like those extras. Quick-pages can be very useful and when you find a favorite designer, you might get more great pages. That eagle is nicely posing for you!

Nana, did you get the Day 2 email? It included the Day 1 link too.

Paul, great colors in that photo. Perfect for that page.

Monique, that beige background definitely suit that photo!

Pirkko, yes, finding the right photo for those pages is the same as looking for the perfect kit to showcase a set photo! Just the other way around.

Ann, you had just enough place for that title! That dog made me laugh!!

Trish, nice colorization to suit the photo. Nice idea to color the lens of the camera clip!

Julie, what white border are you referring to? did your photo have a white border from the start?

Corrie, nice use of the added banner with the title.

Anita, would Mr. Mooch let you put a real hat on?

Bonnie, interesting way to use the stripes to add the date!

Euka, that photo of the koalas matches the page perfectly!

Anne, is that a lunar eclipse photo?

Linda, if you continue with black and white photos, you won't have to worry about finding the "correct" color!

Mary, yes, adding papers can be one way to customize quick pages.

Cassel - No it was not an eclipse, it was just a night with some interesting clouds moving fast, and for some reason at times the moon looked like that.  It was taken within a block of my home.  Once I saw it, I stayed out taking pictures until the clouds blocked everything else.  I did get a some of an eclipse about a month later.  The moon was darker during that one.