Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

Thank you Sue and Carole, it was the brush variance. I got it fixed now.

And Theresa-I have PSP X9, PSP2019 and PSP2020. Sometimes they will just shut down on me too. Sometimes I have opened one, and after it shut down opened the next version, until I had used all 3, and they all shut down as I tried to complete a project.

My 'solution' has been to save often! When I open a new file, I name it and save it immediately, and save every couple of steps. It takes more time, but starting over again takes even more time.

Linda - Thank you - Yes I have PSP 2018 and 2022 - occasionally they both crash on me, but I didn't know if it was the .abr brushes that I imported over that were the problem. I'm sure I imported them as said in the tutorial and I'm guessing as they show up in my brushes that I'd done it properly and that they'd work. I'll give them another go and see what happens.

And totally agree about saving, and saving often. I've lost countless designs where I've got carried away in doing them and not saving as I go..... Sometimes it's like bashing your head against the keyboard!!!!!

How strange, I've just imported them over to 2018 and they work, hmmm!!!

Mask - Lesson 4

Here is my page for Lesson 4. No problems with the .abr brushes in 2018, no crashes thank goodness.

I added a texture weave effect for the background. I think once I get the hang of masks I'll really love them! I saved it to an alpha channel but maybe should have saved it to disk???

Day 7, a few blips and obstacles today, but I think it is complete. I was going to continue with my birds theme for this page, but today is my middle daughters 29th birthday. I came across this photo the other day, and it seemed appropriate to use it on her birthday.

I have learned a good deal in the past 10 days!

Mask Workshop Day 7: Just finished Day 7. I had a lot of fun learning all about using Masks, and creating my own masks and background papers. I will need to keep practicing so that I will not forget all the steps. Thank you Carole for this awesome workshop!

Susan, (#73087) for your background, it is a good idea to keep it solid. You could add a slight texture but you don't want it a busy layer.

Fiona, (#73091) glad to see you found a solution even without seeing the "official" one. I would suggest you rearrange the layers so the word SWEET appears above the mask group.  (#73108) That is a cool result! Practice will always help.

Theresa (#73105) I am sorry that PSP is giving you a fit. Sometimes, technology is just picky. (#73117) You can save the mask to disk with Layers > Load/Save Mask > Save Mask to disk.

Linda, (#73122) very nice page. Clean and focussed.

Anita, (#73127) another nicely done page. I see you are getting more comfortable.

Christiane, (#73137) if you want to resize the frames, it will be easier to do it before adding an image. You should be able to use the Resize command and make sure you UNCHECK the Resize all layers. And the TITRE is not editable. It is on its own layer so you can delete it and replace it by your own text with your own chosen font.

Marvin (#73147) that is a beautiful page!!

This is one more, no lesson just masks. I saw this robin in the tree in our backyard and was so happy because that is a definite sign of spring. So here is my sweet robin. All photos are mine, plaid made with the robin photos. Template made with the scrap page provided by Carole in one of the lessons. Can't remember which one, sorry.

Lesson 6 just finished (Masks). It is NOT spring here yet (in SW Ontario) but there are hints of it. We still have lovely shades of grey and brown all around. But the temperatures are getting better.

I was able to make the "lino effect", but I really don't much care for the result of my project. But, I DID it!