Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

Whew! I will do more of these....but not today:-)

My description says it all and it's not exactly how I pictured what I wanted but got the method....thanks for looking.

EllenG

EDIT! Did another one and really like it.....this is going to be done a lot:-) thanks and here is the kitten. It's more like what I wanted to wind up with.....

I find I need to redo things and review the video two or three times to get the mask making to work out. But, now I know it can be done at least for scrapbooking. Carole, do you have a video on creating a mask to change a background for a picture. I think I may be ready to sign up for Platinum access. Is the offer still available?

The picture I chose was an old black and white picture taken in the 40's that I scanned this winter. The family had fun trying to names to the farmers and their wives in the picture. My own mother and father are near the righthand side.

Day 5. We were in a gardencentre this afternoon and they had lovely Camelias on display. Gardencentres are great places for flowerphotos if you are not in the position to see them in the "wild". Besides a spotted brush, which I think comes with PSP, I used the Extra day 5 swirl brushes. The background is made of a white paper with an overlay of a watercolor paper with leaves.

Day 5 - Bright is at the foothills of the Victorian Alps and an amazing place to visit in autumn as the colours are spectacular.  The Ovens River runs through the small town and as it starts in the alps the water is cool, clear and clean.

I used a dots 100 brush and think I got a bit trigger happy with the stamping!  The top font is Gabrielle and the other is FansiPensleTwo. The background paper was created with texture noise filter from Redfield.

Btw Carole - I created a new workspace in 2020 and that finally fixed my problem with masks causing a shutdown. I hadn't made any changes so not sure why it decided to act up.

Making the plaid pattern from Lesson 2 Masks:   At minutes 4:41 to 4:55, Carole copies and pastes a small selection from which to get the colours for the plaid. It's the pasting part that is NOT working for me. Is it paste to a new LAYER or to new image? When I do Ctrl+V it doesn't work the way it did in the video. Any help appreciated.

Mask - Lesson 1

After a recent walk along the beach I saw some shells, mostly with holes in them and couldn't resist in taking a few snaps.

I'm hoping to learn a lot about masks as I don't 100% understand them - how to use them, how to create them, and where to utilise them, and how to or if you can adjust them etc etc.

Day 5 layout.  Not the best creative day or layout for me.  I really liked the lesson and how the masks were made.  I didnt do the feathering enough, I can see it's too hard of a line in the feathering.  I thought I didn't have room on the photo so I used 100.  next time I'll do the 200 like I should have.  I used the Bokeh brush but don't think it looks good.  Titivillus has plagued me most of the day (Titivillus was a demon said to work on behalf of Belphegor, Lucifer or Satan to introduce errors into the work of scribes) and I was making so many mistakes that PSP (2022) gave me an error saying I was out of memory (how rude!) and if I didn't put the keyboard/mouse down and back away from the computer the world would implode.  Who needs that stress?

Beautiful layouts as usual from everyone.  Takes the stress away and warms the heart.