What are you working on (in December 2021)?

Cassel

Beautiful page Mary.  Summer seams like a distant memory now, as the landscape is  covered in a blanket of snow, and the temps have plummeted.  That's a Canadian  Prairie winter for you.  Yes, swashes are what they are called whether they are fonts or png's.  The starburst brush comes with PSP.

Plowing through the Labs (I'm still in kindergarten).  Lab 6 Mod 8:  all the papers are my creation; created the label under the title and the fluttery ribbon attached to it, the cross stitches (brush created in greyscale) holding the papers together.  Had fun creating the bright stripe ribbon and many "gingham" papers and stripe papers.  I don't understand the Push brush, so my fluttery ribbon is very transparent - I doubled it and put a white layer underneath it for this layout.

Ann - I can't imagine vultures circling your home!  Love your gnome peeking out of the window!

I sharpened the photo and changed the gingham paper to 100% opacity as it seemed to washed out before.

I'm certainly coming in the spirit seeing all the glorious snowy frames! I almost wished we had snow overhere but the weather is extremely mild at the moment but very cloudy and gloomy! Luckely all the christmas deco is up en the little lights are on all day. This is my snowy frame with pastel colors. I have a freebie from Creative Fabrica with pastel colors and this is an opportunity to use some of it and it's a change from all the traditional red and green. I still have to make frames for the freebie challenge!

Hi everyone!

This is the first time posting here, I hope I do it correctly. I finished my calendar! I found an old flash drive with photos my sister had emailed me about 18 years ago. I decided to make them into a calendar Christmas present.  The photos were often taken early morning, when foals are born, or late afternoon, when horse people get a moment to catch their breaths, so they were underexposed, overexposed or 'shot from the hip'. Using techniques learned from Carole's Master Classes; adjustments, clone, layers, masks, etc. to make them usable and yet keeping them as true to original as possible I am happy (and more than a little surprised) at the resulting project. Not knowing how my printer would print them on the cardstock, I kept the design simple. A big 'Thank You" to Carole for the note lines and Ann Seeber for the Days of the Week PNG!

I have attached the cover and 2 pages (I think).

Regards, Dee

Dee, those are GREAT!!! Make sure you test your printing on a single page (one will less color to save on ink)before getting them all printed. You can also look for mat photo paper. Glossy makes it hard to write on, although the colors are more vibrant. I never used mat photo paper myself, but know they exist. I assume it would give brighter colors than cardstock yet you should be able to write on it.

Created an elf card for Sonya. I would have preferred to have all the alphas the same green/white pattern, but I couldn't figure out how to change them. I was successful in changing the colors in the decorative topper to match the alphas. Used the new bells picture tubes and discovered all the shadows were on the left, so I flipped the layer they were on. Luckily, I noticed! My favorite Icelandic troll/gnome keeps following me... ;-)

Just had a few minutes when I got home from work to try this technique.  Page 64/65 in the "Tips & Tricks for PaintShop Pro" .  This tip is called  "Paper Filled Text" and it's about creating your text as a selection instead of a vector.  I had seen it in various layouts and thought it was really nice looking. But I wondered how do they do that.  I have been reviewing the book when I get home from work to settle my mind before I head off to bed and too my surprise there it was, the answer.  I moved the text a bit into the rust to make it look like the text was growing out of the rust.  I love the layouts I'm seeing.  thank you all for the wonder gifts we are getting.  Now that the Christmas rush is over (at work) I might actually get to play a bit.