What are you working on (in December 2021)?

Cassel

Date-12-2021-300x188.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in December, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get better quality than on a resized image anyways.

I have taken the time to read and watch some older masterclasses and some creative scrap tutorials to use what I learned with my christmas cards and this is one of the results. Sue T used adjustments layers in on of her cards and that prompted me to watch the masterclass about that topic because I haven't used those until now, so Sue thank you for endless new possibilities! I also watched how to wrap a rope around a frame, it's not perfect yet but for this card it will do. I put some spruce between the rope and the frame with small pointsettia for a bit of color. The font is Merry Jolly, a freebie by Creative Fabrica from yesterday.

The house is Christmas from front door to back.  Who says you can't go home again?  Try telling that to your heart ... I guarantee it won't listen.  Even the sunroom is decorated. We might not get any snow, but we have FESTIVE!  Thank you for the frames, Carole.

I was able to travel to SC for Thanksgiving to visit with a close friend and spend Thanksgiving with her 4 children/their spouses and 10 grandchildren. It was total chaos but it was so wonderful seeing them...first time since Covid. Children do love to climb trees...I did. Template by Lady 22. Template 51...the latest at this time.

Next project: Creating a new template. I spotted this layout on one of my fishy Facebook groups and asked the owner wat software she used. She said it was a little app in her mobile phone!? So I downloaded the graphic and made my own template from it. Featuring my fishy, Blue the Betta, of course, and his tankmate, Roomba, the Nerite snail.

I have not been doing a lot of photo shopping lately because my husband had knee replacement surgery a month ago and things have been pretty busy for me.  He is doing better now and I thought I could do a little playing.  The tree is from C F  (Christmas Glitter Overlays Clipart 15306536)  the background is two things from (Christmas-clipart-Ice-palace-watercolor-16887201)  The reindeer is from somewhere - I didn't keep that info- AND of course the frame is the yesterday's FREEBEE from Christmas Countdown.  Sigh I didn't know about the countdown so I missed the first two.  Oh well, durned ole life getting in the way of my play time.

Ann I love your frosty frame and the fish are cute.

Helen nice tree, something to put on card; and good to see you here again!

Anne I know how restricted your time is with a loved one in hospital and recovering. My husband had to have surgery almost a year ago and it took much longer then expected, but it's worth while caring for your husband and help his recovery. You will get time for scrapping again.

Beautiful layouts from everyone!  Like presents for my eyes when I open up the forum.  I have been working on my Christmas cards. Which usually have a photo on the front with hand cut mats placed on the folded card that has a deckled edge.  This year I choose to do a layout to be sized to 4x6 format and here are the two colors I've chosen for this year.  I printed test prints and they are a bit darker as expected (even with sending the lighter versions of these) but will do in the time crunch I have now.  I tried two different shadows and liked the bigger shadow (thicker paper shadow) as it printed out better than the normal "paper" shadow.  My photo's of decorations, PSP gradients used, varied opacity, snowflakes from Brooke Gazarek (Digital Scrapbook.com).  One the red version I had to put a shadow so there was more definition in them.  Otherwise I wanted it to look somewhat like it was part of the background.

Christmas is just around the corner.  For this layout: the papers and ribbon are mine; the corner brush is from Cassel; the star picture tube is from Cassel; the cluster is made from a bell in Corel's Video Studio and the star, berries and bow are from PS - Marisa Lerin.

Helen - really enjoy how you made and decorated your tree from that video tutorial.

Well, I have to say, that was another terrific masterclass. Thank you ever so much Carole! It was to late for this year's advent calendar, the Creative Fabrica Black Friday sale. As I had already posted this year's advents/cards etc in mid November. I purchased several background paper bundles, for the sole purpose of making young children's advent calendars, along with some suitable clipart. Of course, just like a child, I couldn't wait. I had to try out the bargains. Some might say it's a tad early to start, or think about next year's advent calendars and card. I finished it off this evening. I have plenty of time to tweak it. It's going to be one of 3 advents, suitable for 4 and 5yr olds. I will use my own photos for the adult ones I'm going to create. The background paper was basically the snowman, and fence. I added the owl, stoat, red fox, bird to the snowman's hat and rabbit. As the children are farm kids, and see these animals on a regular basis.

Carole gave us a new template for December and at the same time my daughter sent a bunch of Christmas photos of my great-grand Sonya. Here's Sonya, waiting for Santa. I had lots of Christmas clipart and I love using these gnomes. I added more embellishments than were called for on the template. The title font is called Horror Story but I thought it looked snowy. The background papers were all from my stash. Now to send it out on the family chatline. ;-)

Lab 6 Mod 7.  Scale pattern (made several background papers with the scale pattern- some with black scales, some with white scales; sand brush (used it for the frame); wavy flag (made it as a template with the shadow and the flagpole) changed color, text, and removed the flagpole for this layout; actually started with Corel's autumn layout, but as you can see ended up with something entirely different; the starfish is from PS - christina carrano; the seashells are from a PSP picture tube; the flower and seashell cluster is a freebie from Cassel.

Love what everyone is doing.  Sue, are the swashes the gold flowing lines that make the tree??? - love it!