The BIG 10 Showoff

Cassel

Thank you Susan.  I've had  horses all my life.  Before moving to Canada, my life revolved around horses.  Competing at an intermediate level in  3 day eventing  (show jumping, dressage, cross country).  Hunter Trials.  Team chasing. During my younger days, I rode point to point ( which is  a bit like steeple chasing, except over a country course of fixed fences.  Point to Point meaning, racing from one church steeple to another church steeple.

I loved the pop art challenge too. It must have been in August 2019. I add the original photos, so you can see again the difference, playing with this function.

I discovered the double exposure, which Sue presented just above in a fantastatic creation, a few weeks ago and did a simple try with a visage and thunder in it. Another fascinating work you can achieve with PSP.

As Corrie and Sue I have Carole's book "Tips and Tricks" for PSP on my desk, in addition of the Kindle version on my PC of "101 Super Easy Tricks to Work Faster with Paintshop Pro", Book 1 and 2,  I can truly recommend for beginners too.

I feel a bit sorry that this BIG 10 is coming to its last day; it was wonderful to see each and every entry at all levels. And again a great inspiration for projects to come! So Carole again a big thanks to you for letting us in on the party and even if we aren't going to win a prize, we all have won by joining here!!! Now I'll go and make new pages, follow new challenges, masterclasses and learn new techniques in the diamond membership alongside chatting with some of you who I have come to know a little bit better.

This is my last entry and it is a card I made. I used a photo from the lime tree in front of our house and I wish I could have incorporated its heavenly smell. Background is the photo with blur and bokeh effect. A mask on the same photo with a simple frame and a butterfly. A quote (I like using quotes), a flower of the tree inside a leafy frame and two corner punches.

Corrie, I agree, this feel like a special event doesnt it.  I know...it IS a special event.  But it's like a big seminar to you go to with hundreds of like-minding people. I love your layout, so beautifully done.    I'm inspired at where this can go for me (being at the beginning).

I just did the letter tutorial, here it is.  It's very funky looking.  I dont know what number 'S' is in scrabble so I picked my birthday. My 'S' is too high and it doesnt look as cleanly indented as Cassel's.  More practice required.

Sue, wow! how exciting your life with horses.  I loved watching 3 day eventing.  Point to point sounds really exciting.  May I ask the breed of your horse?  Thick neck, beautiful shaped head, I'm leaning toward Friesen (my fav. breed) or a Aussie thoroughbred, they are so big and beautiful, or perhaps a warmblood of a sort.

Fiona, wonderful to  hear that you are a F1 fan too. I have been a fan for most of my life.  The only way I can watch it now is live on an American sports channel.  TSN.  Sky Sports UK has taken  over from BBC1. Which is great, because we had to subscribe to the BBC1 channel here in Canada in order to watch it.  Now we get to watch it as part of our overall package, which includes a lot of American channels. I was amazed to see a  seas of  orange in the stands last week, and their overall support was deafening, for their  Dutch driver Verstappen.  Did you watch the Italian race today?    Max and Lewis  collided.   I was delighted to see Lando Norris, another Brit on the podium.  He is an up and rising  young star in F1. I'd like to think he's another  Hamilton in the making.

Susan, Nell, which is in the  double exposure image,  is a   reg. quarter horse, she is 11 now, I bought her as a weaning.  Meg, who I featured in the  latest love story challenge with Nell, and posted here in the  projects,  is  also a  quarter horse, she is now  21.  I bought her as a yearling when  we moved here.  These days I gather and  trail cows for ranchers.  I also trail ride.  I don't train horses any more.  The horses I've had over the years at home in Wales, were  TB (Thoroughbred) x Hanoverian.   Crossing TBs with  warm blood breeds give you the speed of the TB and the  temperament and  build of the   warm bloods.  A perfect combination.  Of course these horses were 16 hands plus, unlike the  14-15 hand QH.  Although Meg is 15.1, and Nell is 14.1.  My childhood  mounts were section A, B, C and  section D Welsh Cobs and Welsh mountain ponies.