What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

I wanted a simple layout to highlight these wonderful Erich Collins illustrations I found for Knit Dresses. I used a template from within PSP, White Grid Collage 02. I put a little bit of knit texture under the text. The font is Smoothies, a free demo from Fontspace.

I just did Sequin Styles for today's pic. I fell in love with a magazine layout for Las Vegas and picked my favorite image. There were four different versions because I couldn't decide which way to go. Four layers or three? Layers with shadows? Cutouts for frames? All smooth? All or some with texture? LOL I finally decided on this one; cutouts to look like frames and texture on the middle one to look like a mat. You'll probably have to click on it to see the texture. The font is Simian Display free from dafont.

Michele - That is great - actually both of them, but I especially like the sequin one FABULOUS!  I always like what you post for the Fabulous Divas!

Ann Seeber - How clever is that one for the Beatles - WOW!

Bonnie: always enjoy your pickleball layouts.  Thanks for the layout - I did download it and will have to think about using it.  I especially liked the blue one with the pic at an angle.

Ann, I seem to remember there were free templates in the past, but I don't know if they still offer them. I've purchased a few when I didn't have time to "steal" an idea from them for my daily pic. When you click on File: New, you can choose either Blank Canvas or New from Template.

Sue, I have used adjustment layers, but I'm not that adept at them. I could use a good tutorial.

Ann, Sue, Mary, Annie, thank you all for your kind words.

Many wonderful things here to look at.  Always inspirational.  I had a busy Sunday/Monday with company and didn't get any play time until last night ... when I reflected on the day being a State Holiday (Patriots' Day) in my home state.  If you lived anywhere near Boston you commemorated the day (April 19th, 1775) and probably recited "one if by land, two if by sea ... and I on the opposite shore shall be. "  My husband being a sports guy, you could always find us at the annual Road Race in Portland - followed by an early BBQ somewhere!  It was pretty much a ritual.  Even the dog got to come along and somehow I think she always knew where we were going that day.  I think animals have their own kind of internal clock.  I think the best thing I liked about it was a massive showing of patriotism.  Everyone, even the dog, had some sort of red white and blue on.  -- I used an old scrap round in the middle, Carole's bow makers, ribbon, and even the Squares and Angles script for the little box.  Glad my company was here when they were as it is a dreary pelting rain day today.  I'm not even sorry about it though as we desperately needed rain! Have a great day, everyone.  Keep making some awesome things to look at.

Hi everyone, I am not going to be around much for the rest of the week but wanted to wish Carole a happy birthday so I have made a scrapbook page for her which I am uploading ahead of the momentous occasion! My resources came from Pixelscrapper. Shall we all have a go so she can hang them up virtually?

Fiona

I like that idea, Fiona, and that is a beautiful start.

My posting is for the last one in my set of layouts of my trip with my brother which was started in March.  This time I needed to go with the mask we had used in the Love Challenge.  The reason being that I wanted my best picture of the Red Rock Canyon as the centerpiece and nothing else was working out.  So this is it.

Sounds like a good time was had by all, Minka. Really great layout.

Fiona, your card makes me think the party is going to be fun!

Mary, you have done great work on your trip pages. Lovely use of the mask to showcase that gorgeous shot.

Michele: regarding random photos, Cassel/Carole has a script for that. Here's the read me text:

PSP Script - Scattered Photos

by Cassel

This script will use all the jpg images in a single folder to scatter them onto the open image.

You will only have to open one image from the source folder for the script to determine where to grab the photos.

You can resize ONE photo and the script will resize all the photos to a similar size.

The script will offer the option to add a border. If you choose to add one, set the values for ONE photo and the script will apply it to all of them.

You can have the photos scattered all over the image, only in the center, or only on the outer edge.

You can start with any size of shape image, and the script will determine if the resizing of the individual photos will yield a good result.

Once all the photos are added, you can add a drop shadow to them.

Each photo will be left unmerged so you can rearrange them if you want.

I couldn't find it in the store but it is on my PSP filed in Trusted Scripts.

HTH

Thanks, Ann. I have that script, but I haven't been able to access my backup files since my old laptop died. If I remember correctly, the script scatters the photos randomly, but it doesn't preserve the orientation. It's a great script, but not what I was looking for.

So, am I the only one who went crazy on the first day of Carole's birthday sale? I have a ton of scripts, fonts, etc. to load.

I used the Painted Background script today for Shades of Mother Earth. It took me a few tries until I got what I wanted, but that's due mostly to the pic I used. I used one picture for the background (I had to crop and smudge it as I was getting too much beige with the script on the original pic). Masked a second picture over it, then placed them on a larger image of the background. The font is Anything Script that I got in a free font bundle from Creative Fabrica. I'm very happy with the results.

Note: The images were uploaded in the order that I worked on them with the final one last.