What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

Posted this on the April Zoo page.  I decided not to make it about my granddaughter’s workplace, Claws & Paws Wild Animal Park, in Mt. Ariel, PA where she’s a zookeeper. This is a generic zoo though the info came from her place and two of the photos. I used Carole’s Animal Print freebie alpha but I created the O’s from Q’s so they matched. The golden background paper is using the PSP pattern that came with the program. I guess Carole used it, also, as it matches the alpha. I took a block of color from the bird photo and created the ribbon and flood filled the background to create a border. The pattern I blurred and twirled to get that effect. I used the script to curve the photo top left which came from Claws & Paws. I extracted the top right bird from a Lorrie photo from the internet. The big cat prints are from Carole. The snake and the monkey are from my Safari kit. The Snow Leopard’s name is Gabe and he resides at Claws & Paws.

I was absolutely chuffed to bits early yesterday morning, when I saw the first of the ground squirrels emerge, by the end of the day I had sighted 7, dotted around the yard. We still have snow banks, even though I have started to filled the bird baths, they still freeze at night. Saying that the temp went up to 20c yesterday and again today. I did the framing etc last night, added the word art while having tea and biscuits for eleven's this morning. Another   beautiful twist  to add to my repertoire of framing my photos.

Thank you ever so much for all the kinds words on my pages. I really do appreciate them, and they mean so much to me.  I don't log in daily, I really should though, as  I always have a lot of catching up to do, so many wonderful,  varied pages to absorb.

Lynda,  your page is  powerful, and beautifully executed.

Ann, your pages are always  full of bright colours, not something I would do myself, but I always love what others do.

Anne, A beautiful vibrant page, yet it's not overwhelming, in fact its vibrantly subtle, if you know what I mean.  The colours of the birds colourful feathers stand out over your layout.  Great job. I love the  punched heart edge, is  it a brush?

Thank you Sue..Holocaust is not something we should forget.

I love your little ground squirrel. We are also seeing some wildlife. Not always sure what we are looking at if it isn't a bird, raccoon, rabbit or a squirrel...the kind with long grey tails. :-)

Ann, great job on your Zoo page...I'm still working one mine! Also, Corey and Jackie will love the pages you made for them. I can't decide which one I like the best...I guess both!

Michele, as always , striking diva page.

Thanks Sue, much appreciated as always. The punched heart edge is from a Cassel tut - Lab 7 Module 11 Cutout Edge. The sample layout at the top intrigued me and I was determined to emulate it. It is a terrific lesson and I ended up making 4 cutout edge templates ... heart, crab, fish, and flower. Delightful ground squirrel page my friend ... happy to know that Spring is well on its way for you now. ;D

Lynda, you created a touching and powerful layout to remind us of the horror of the Holocaust.

Ann, lovely layout and the little girl is a cutie.

Sue, the layout is beautiful, and I love the frame with the wrapped technique... It is so good when the temperature starts finally to go up, and we see nature in full bloom... Last week, we had days with 25°C in the afternoon, and it felt so good... This week is not so warm, around 8°/10° during the day.

Annie, those cutouts look great... I have a few from Cassel, and I love them, although I keep forgetting to use them more often.

Cristina, thank you so much, the wrapped frame technique gives an interesting twist to a  plain frame.  It's wonderful,  as the temps rise more and more birds are arriving,  hibernating creatures are stirring.

Annie, of course, I remember that tutorial. With hundreds of tutorials it's hard to keep track of them all.  Your cut outs are awesome. Time for me to revisit some of the older tutorials I think. Thanks for the reminder.

Hello Campus Crowd ~ I've been away with other projects, but do get a chance to check in now and then to see what everyone is posting. It seems like the crowd has somewhat thinned - has everyone got spring fever, maybe? I know I have been spending a fair amount of time outside myself and seems like the tether to the computer has loosened somewhat with good weather! The "Usual Suspects" have been churning out some lovely artistry to look at. Annie - going way back to your kookaburra birds - I had no idea they were so pretty! I am always amazed with the colorful birds you share with us from your country. I, like any other schoolkid, used to have to sing about a "kookaburra bird in an old gum tree". Totally unknown to me, I envisioned some super huge threatening bird laughing hysterically. No idea they were beautiful. Anne L ... your Good Friday post was deeply touching and meaningful. Lynda, I, too, want to say your post on your son was beautiful and a wonderful tribute to his memory - not that you have ANY trouble remembering ... unfortunately the bad along with the good. I hope over the years the good is prevailing in your spirits. All the posts are lovely and just wanted to say great job everyone! I hope to have some time soon to start playing again and make a post or two myself. Oh - did love the Easter posting of baby listening to Grampy play the guitar. Looked like a C chord, perhaps. Did make me wonder what he was playing that the baby so enjoyed. Isn't it amazing when babies start to move, sway, clap and enjoy music. When they start to get upright and want to move and dance to the music. Always some special moments! Have a lovely and engaging weekend, everyone!

Cristina, not so much to remind of the horror but a reminder that we don't want to repeat that history. Hearing so much of the attacks on Chinese , blacks and everyone else that someone , somewhere, decided people fall into  "the other" category.  I don't get it, don't like it!

Minka, glad to see you back. Waiting for more of your work.

Annie, I love your creative cutouts. I'm going to Lab 7 ASAP. You are an inspiration and always a great help. BTW maybe you could tell me again how to get that  Eliminate White and Black plug-in to work.

Carole, If there is a way to convert Photoshop plugins to PaintShop Pro use, I would love to know. Drove myself crazy yesterday looking for a way to no avail.

To all, Have a good day

Lynda, many plugins for Photoshop work just as well in PSP, but not all of them. If they don't work straight "out of the box" in PSP, I have never heard of a way to "convert" plugins. Considering that Photoshop and PaintShop Pro are using different computer languages, it is possible that some plugins use one language that cannot be "translated" into the other one, while those plugins usable in both programs use a "generic" language (this is my non-tech description).

I am sure that if there was a way to convert those plugins, someone would have done it (and made a lot of money in the process!)

Which plugin(s) are you eyeing?

Lynda, you are totally right, and this is what I wanted to mean, but I didn't express myself clearly... When I was writing, I was thinking of the thought, "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."... I agree with you; in the last few years, there are so many things going on all over the world, that make me wonder where this is going to lead.

Minka, nice to see you are back. I love to see your layouts and the journaling that you usually add.

I am so NOT a gardener.  I don't have the movement for it.  I love gardens though, I just can't tend them.  Yeah, I can water them with the sprinkler and I can pick the caterpillars off ... which is about all I do.  I have a young friend who also has issues and he loves to garden but because of epilepsy he cannot drive.  He planned and planted my gardens and I water and pick off the caterpillars.  I purchased the lots around my house ... in the middle of a scrub forest ... so that I could remain in a forest and have all the wildlife be safe in there.  However, I draw the line at those pesky caterpillars which will eat a full size oleander plant in no time.  I can go out and pick a big plastic cup of them off the plants every day!  They are pretty easy to spot as they're bright orange, but many times they hide on the underneath of the leaf.  I don't get them all, but at least I rescued the plants.  It seems like I had to be weeks at it before it passed and they went on to be moths - or whatever they get to be.  A black and orange moth, I think.  My only other plant eater is the gazillion of bunnies around me.  I don't have the heart to hurt a bunny ... but many of the hibiscus and gardenia's - once the greenery has gotten to a more mature stage the bunnies leave them alone.  They probably are lured by the early green shoots.  So to get them past that stage ... I put rugged cardboard boxes around them.  Bunnies can probably smell them, but they don't bother to try and get them.  So one of my gardens is nicknamed the Box Garden as it has been chomped too many times to survive without some sort of protection.  I also put big plant pot saucers underneath all the full size plants and they attract way more birds than my multitudes of birdbaths.  I guess they feel more secure and protected in there.  Or maybe they just want privacy, who knows?  I ended up putting smooth stones in the bird baths on one side, too, as the birds didn't like to land on the edges.  As soon as I put the stones in ... they loved them.  Finally, Annie T, I admit it.  I stole your lovely little design and made a mask border on the top.  They were adorable! Just had my second vaccine shot and have the weekend with no plans ... just in case. So, maybe I will get to play some. If you have read this far ... thank you! A bit chatty here.

Thanks dear Cristina. I made them ages ago when I followed the tuts for L7M11. The big trick for me was getting the holes right so that they would be symmetrical. I think I spent days revamping until they worked. Probably why I never bothered putting holes on the crab one, lol!

Absolutely delightful dear Minka ... and, I loved your chatty, helps us to get to know one another. You must have a green thumb because I see your garden as being innovative and gorgeous. I have small raised garden beds as I can no bend for any length of time without getting back pain. Pumpkins will not bear fruit, lettuce and dill seed will not germinate. So, frustrating! Lack of insect activity so I am going to plant into one bed some bee attracting flowers to see if that will do the trick. I have an insect hotel and there seems to be insects attracted to it just not the ones that pollinate the vegie patch. ;D

I hear where you are coming from dear Sue. I have even created a list of the tutorials and where they can be located but these days I tend to overlook things. In my head I know that I have done the lesson and I can even visualize the associated samples but alas ... age is quickly catching up with me. There must be a better way ... I can't even come up with the right words to do a search, ROTFL! ;D

Thanks so much Lynda, always appreciated my friend. I downloaded the plugin (eliminate white) to my plugin folder in My PSP Files and I extracted it there. Then, through PSP, I went to Filters Unlimited 2 and imported it into there. Once in FU2 it shows up under the Navigator tab as Transparency and to the right of that you will see the Eliminate Black and Eliminate White options. Hope this helps and if you have any queries just holler!

https://www.maidiregrafica.eu/paginafiltri/filtriE.html#Eliminate%20Black/White

Annie, I've tried everything I can think of..no go.

I'm not sure I understand your instruction as I can't seem to get to the Filters Unlimited2. They are in the plugin folder and PSP is directed to it but it does not come into the program. They do have .ffx extension so I didn't really expect them to work but the eliminate filters are .8bf extension. I don't know what to think.

I'll keep looking for an answer.

This is just for fun. I love gardening, especially in the early spring after things start to warm up. Yesterday was a wonderful day! My husband thinks I bought out the garden section of Home Depot! But honestly, I only filled one cart full of beautiful little plants. And then, I spent the afternoon playing in the dirt.

The picture is mine and I downloaded the elements from Pixel Scrapper.

Was practicing with the folded edges script and I can plainly see I need a whole lot more practice with that!  LOL  But going to share it anyway as that's how we learn, right?  Somehow they don't look folded at all ... they look more like earmarks.