What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

Date-04-2021.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in April, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Last month, we have our busiest thread with 343 posts. That means so many inspiring projects, stories and displays. Let's keep it going!

I have had another go using my Wacom Intros. Still having hiccups with the buttons and what they do, especially within Paintshop so it's a bit of pen, a bit of mouse and the keyboard. Anyway, I did this Rose and thought it turned out not to bad.

On another note, i have been playing with paper, dies, pigment and glue and made some paper flowers following some you tube vids by a lovely lady called Juili Kelvekar. A very talented lady. Anyway, I made some fuschias and lillies. I need to practice more with the green clingy tape on the wires. TFL.

Played around with this today.  The beautiful clusters are from Emeto Designs and are called Happy Little Moments.  The Quetzal is a very pretty bird and since I had the photo decided to do something fun and colourful to suit.  The title alpha is by Marisa Lerin from Pixel Scrappers.  The stars are a scatter I created by following Cassel's tutorial.  The font used for the journalling is Bickley Script LET.  Thanks for takin a peek!  ;D

Anne, you created a very nice page.

Sheila, you achieved a lovely result creating the rose... We do need time and perseverance working with the pen... I have to find a setup that works for me and give it a try.

Wow, you made the paper flowers?! They look amazing, wonderful work!

Annie, what a cute and lovely bird... I love, love the layout you've created, and it was a great idea to have multicolored stitches.

Great work, ladies!

Happy Easter all. Hope your day has been filled with blessings.

Sheila: Your paper flowers and rose are simply gorgeous.

Annie: Loving your Pharomachrus layout. Definitely festive and worthy of the beautiful bird being displayed.

Lynda: Tony is a great layout and a wonderful tribute to your son. You have done really well with the lessons from the newest lab. Cute Easter rabbit.

Although I have not worked on these in April (but in 2016); they are a small snippet of my favorite blending layouts.

I used more than a dozen kits and mask overlays to make them; most notably from Creative Victoria, Lathia's Designs and Designs from Helly. Hope you enjoy.

Wow Lynda, a beautiful tribute to your son. I did not know that you had lost him ... so very sorry to hear that. I have not been in your position and I hope never to be ... but, having lost close relatives including my mum and dad it is a revelation that I continue to love them as if they had never passed. On some level I sense they are still around. Tony is a lovely looking lad and you must be very proud of your cowboy.

Great work on Lab 11 Module 4 and I love your cute little Easter Rabbit ... gotta love that pen tool! <3

Karon, thank you for your kind comment on my layout... It is always very much appreciated. <3

The prom layouts are really lovely, with all the blending with masks and overlays... And wow, you needed a lot of concentration to keep track of all the layers and not mix them up. Great job!

Wow!   the forum is a hive of activity with so many wonderful pages, a great deal of talent and imagination, and certainty in play.  To many to comment on  individually.  Thank you ever so much for the kind comments that I have received on my pages, they always all  are very much appreciated and mean a great deal to me.

I was looking back on last years photos.  I used the stamping effect on the title, using the texture tool.  It's nice to go back and  revive older techniques. I used one of Carole's edge punches on the orange paper. I took a selection of the water from the photo, stretched it across the pages, added some swirls. I wanted to  have the water overflowing, something I like to do sometimes, but it didn't work very well on this project, as it works best on water which has ripples and waves.

I was inspired by Lynda's rope wrapped around a frame. I also added some greenery and  a flower.  Fantastic work Lynda, the  page of your is a  wonderful tribute to him.  I stuck with earth tone colours,  not to distract from the photos.  I matched the rope and the outer frame to the yellow of the Meadowlark's breast.

Sue- I love your bird frame with the ivy wrap. You did a really nice job on the wrap and the whole layout is beautiful. I would love to know what the font is you used. Also, the ducks are really nice. I like the second one best although the other is nice too.

Annie - Thank you. I too, hope you never have to lose a child. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. You are right, none of our loved one ever really go away. Always in your heart.

Karon - your prom overlays are great and yes, Annie is the queen of overlays. She gave me a ton of pointers and instructions.

Sheila- I'm glad you are getting the hang of the Wacom. I haven't really even entertained the idea because it's hard for me to use a pen or pencil. It hurts so I continue with the mouse. Your flowers are beautiful...

Hope everyone had a nice Easter celebration.

Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen.  :-)