What are you working on (in February 2021)?

Cassel

Wow! Beautiful creations, everyone. I need to come here more frequently so maybe I could keep up with my comments. All of you amaze me!

Friends purchased a small camper so they could visit their daughter during Covid. No hotels, no public bathrooms. The Road Trip map I grabbed off the web...not sure where. The word are is from Creative Fabrica and the camper sticker is from Pixel Scrapper.

Wanted to share some Skunk Love here; an extra I crafted between lessons on the Love Story Challenge.

"Although New York's striped skunks retreat to winter dens and remain inactive for extended periods, they do not hibernate. Males are particularly likely to be active aboveground, even during cold weather, especially during the breeding season. So, if you have been seeing more skunks out and about lately, that could be why."

Info and photo from the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation.

Ann S: Beautiful layout of the black vulture. Your plaid paper really went well with the colors of the bird. Your psychedelic coloring page is so much fun! And now I learned something new about skunks. I really like this page!

Karon: I like your scalloped paper and the muted beach colors to go with the old photo. I alos liked your Baseball layout and the font with the baseballs on it. Your photos of the Monkey tree are cool with the paper and tree you used.

Bonnie: I like how you put a frame around the whole page. And the map over the top. What a great idea. Your best friends layout of bright and beautiful. I like how you put quotes around their photos. Your pickleball layout is so fun with all the action shots.

When I was a kid we were NEVER allowed to say we were bored. If we even dared utter the word, my mother used to say I will FIND YOU SOMETHING TO DO. No doubt about it - whatever she found would positively NOT be fun. I find myself ALMOST ... almost uttering that word now -- and then kicking myself in the patootie. What the heck have I got to be bored about? Yeah, it's been a slow year ... but it has been for EVERYONE! Nice thing about this section of the forum is whatever you want to practice ... go for it! I am one of those ones unless I play with it often, I might lose track of how it was cemented in my head back when. Sort of like High School Algebra. LOL Unless you use it daily in a job or something it seems to fly away somewhere into the Netherlands of your brain. Well, it did for me anyway. So no plans for the weekend here ... so I have been playing with a whole bunch of stuff that I don't normally play with. I used PSP Arithmetic to blend some backgrounds together to make a fill for a frame that was different ... I haven't figured out any other thing to do with that. Made the frame and used guides - and then used one of Carole's scripts to put some circle words around it, used PSP's own filters for some of the inside - like glass mosaic ... well, to be blunt - I was all over the place using stuff. But I will be truthful ... I am at a point where I wish we could be rolling stones again. I yearn for a trip to the unknown. So I guess I will just have to paint one for now. The photo used was by Edgar Chaparro - on Unsplash ... who was lucky enough to go there at some point!

Here's my Lesson #5 in the Love Story Challenge which features an animal sanctuary that was near where I lived back in 2004-2008. No matter what I tried using various brushes to add to the mask just didn't look right so I went with a frame, instead. The background is a paper I had in a Fall kit and, this time, pasting in text to a selection rectangle finally worked for me! It's hard to see on the Forum but there's a white border all around that I make with an extra layer under the paper and then "pick" the paper layer in on each corner. I've learned it's best to use guides so things come out even.

Had so much fun with Lab 7, module 8... two in particular - I created a frame using the painted wood effect she showed and I used the walking out of the frame from the Using PSP she put out in her Master Classes for my 'grassy' assignment.

Ampersand: Template, Paper and elements – val, font – AnAkronism, & – black Chancery

Grass: No template, Kimeric Kreations Snips & Snails