What are you working on (in February 2021)?

Cassel

Bonnie - I love your heart meter with the pickleball paddles! Great photos! Love the "I play like a girl." Bet most boys couldn't keep up! Great layout. Wow. I would love to hike the Rio Grande. Beautiful layout. Your latest pickleball is neat in the fact you used the purple of his shirt in your background.

Ok, this was a lab exercise that I really enjoyed and wanted to share... mainly because I am so happy with how it turned out.  You were to use the papers you have been creating in the labs.  I have been trying to follow a color palette that I made up as I do these exercises and ... I think it works!  Cassel's template, my elements and papers.

Val: Great colors -- your papers are wonderful! I do like that big gray background .. is it a paper or a brush or what? Those flowers are so colorful they stand out even though surrounded by patterns and color. Great job!

Also, thank you for your kind remarks on my designs. Much appreciated.

Carole/Cassel: I'm doing Lab 10-08 and having trouble with the template download inside the PDF. It's not giving me the layout shown. I'll post what I expected (copied from the PDF) and what I got when I downloaded the template from the PDF.

Help!

Karon: Did you do Lab 10-08? Was the template the same as the illustration in the PDF?

I always make it a point to play with Carole's freebie patterns she offers so generously. Today I was playing with the Line Patterns she sent out yesterday. Oh my gosh, I had so much fun with those. I found, also, that when you make a color pattern with them and flood fill a bg ... and then pop it in just like you were going to do a lino bg .. but only give it once or twice in the pattern distort .. it alters the pattern once again. I even made the ribbons with it and made the pattern really small. Not the best display of them ... but just for display purposes I put pictures of puzzles we've recently done. Another pandemic pass time! Eyes just won't let me sit here all day before they rebel.

I haven't played much lately - have had obligations here, but I looked at everyone else's works and am always impressed with everyone's posts. ALWAYS!

Karon I love you work on all three pages, very well done. My favourite is The Face of Cat ... funky, fun and the colours grab at ya! Yes ... I am a Dr Who fan and have watched all episodes from it's very beginnings. I haven't seen the series with Jodie Whittaker yet but that will come! ;D

Oops ... nearly forgot ... yes, that is a form of algae that grows on the turtle. <3

Annie: then you will get the reference made in the layout, LOL. I have seen the first two seasons of Dr. Who with Jodie Whitaker. She does a good job but I am old school and like my doctors as men. I just got email that they will be releasing the lost episodes from the original Dr. Who has anime next month in the BBC America. I am so excited.

LOL! Maybe that is why I have procrastinated on watching the new episodes because the doctor is a woman!!! Yeah, I am old school too. Anime Dr Who ... now that is intriguing and I love anime. I hope we get it here in Australia ... in this household we have Foxtel, Prime Video, Disney Plus and Netflix plus all the regular channels ... do ya think we have a chance? lol! Thanks for the update Karon, I will be keeping my eyes peeled and ears open! ;D

I'm back at the beginning - Lab 5 Module 10: create stitch brush, create crayon overlay, create picture tubes.  So I did what was suggested except I cannot draw a heart even with the tablet!! so my stitch pattern is just a swirl or 2 or 3.  I used Cassel's heart mask-01 which was a freebie in the Love Challenge (had to go back to the directions in Day 1 of the Love Challenge to work with the mask, but I finally got it). Tubes were interesting to make and did not come out as I expected, but I went with what I got.  I actually created 3 tubes all with hearts obtained from Pixel Scrapper: mostly Marissa Laren and one from Elif Sahin.  The eyelets in the project were created from those obtained from Pixel Scrapper: Marissa Laren and Rachel Martin.  The font for the title is Glamlips and for the description is Gigi.

Mary: Very nice design featuring your little one. The crayon border worked well; the stitches and tubes look great! Good call to use the heart mask; no need to draw if there's one available! That's the first I've seen the Glamlips font which I did download per Carole but didn't try yet. I see it will call for a rather large size in order to be readable. Good job!

Hey, ladies, I'm a Whovian, too. The Face of Boe; The Face of Cat. Cute, Karon. I'm glad you pointed it out; it went right over my head. LOL. I never saw the originals from back in the 60's. I only started with the Tenth Doctor because that's when I got BBCAmerica. They've rerun the Ninth, but not often so I don't know if I've seen all of his season. Jodie Whitaker is fun as the new Doctor. However, I'm still missing Tennant and Smith.