What are you working on (in January 2021)?

Cassel

Hey Annie,

Thanks for directing me to PSPpals. There is a lot of stuff there. I think most of the plugins if not all, are not compatible with 2021 but I went through the Blend tutorial and made do. I did find a copy of Jasc animation shop so I was able to make the stars twinkle. I will do some more investigation into the site. I think it has a lot to offer. This is the tutorial that I did. Didn't vary much from the original except for the stuff I couldn't use.

I love your AubreyJakeFranceChristmas2019 page Raymond, you are advancing with PSP in great leaps and bounds my friend. Credit goes to Michelle Fairymist tutorials for the Love of Country page. I simply provided the tube and the artwork of Alan Hunt. What I like about those type of tutorials is that they quite often will bring up the use of a tool that you are not familiar with. They also rely heavily on plugins ... of which I have very many, LOL! Cassel's tutorials help us to grow creatively by creating our own elements etcetera. The tutorials by Maidiregradica are interesting but what she offers is a wealth of knowledge on how to work with plugins etcetera in PSP. All of the peripheral sites stimulate the creative juices. I have links to many tutorial sites and have decided to play around with them and do some posting here. Thank you my friend, much appreciated. ;D

Hi Lynda. I have found that none of the versions of PSP work for plugins in the 64 bit operating system so I always use the 32 bit versions. Plus, I always have X7 and 2021 open at the same time because 2021 has a bad habit of crashing especially if I am using the magic wand and also the selection tool when I am wanting to expand, contract or feather. For that reason 2021 is not my favourite version. I am fortunate that I do save, save, save because I am then able to open the project in X7 and the magic happens. Unfortunately for me 2021 has been a waste of funds ... that's the way of it though! I have sent you a private message with some links as they do not want to post here ... 4 failures, lol! ;D

Hi Ann, reading your reply to Lynda ,  I to find 2021 crashs at everything it doesn't like, especially plugins and even with help and a hot fix, did nothing to resolve the problems. In the end I just uninstalled 2021 and put the disc back in the box and consigned it to a cupboard and will just use 2020 as I know that works OK. I have 2019 as an alternative. Should have used the money in Carole's store instead.

Sheila

This is not really a scrap book project, but it shows the kind of stuff I have been working on.  I have been making a serious effort to learn how to use my Paint Shop more efficiently. Cassel's  tutorials, help pages, etc have helped a lot.  Sometime though, I just stumble on to something that I should have know three versions ago.  There is so much valuable info here it is almost overwhelming.  I hope it O K to do this.

Hi Everyone! : ) I haven't been here for a long while, and I see that there have been so many lovely and creative work posted in all threads on the Campus. I need more time/days to go over each one, but I just want to say hi first.

I started again working on a layout... hopefully, I will finish it in the next days. : )

Best wishes to everybody!

Just as Bonnie I used Carole's template for 2020 and came up with this one, maybe I should have posted this in the freebie challenge. Lynda very creative! Everybody has started the new year with such nice work. I cann't keep up but come here often to see what's new. Best wishes to you too Cristina.

Lynda, 2021 has been a bit of a pain for me. It crashes often especially when using the magic wand and the selection tool for feathering etcetera. That is why I always have my old faithful PSPX7 open as well. X7 never fails with the use of plugins. I do not use the 64 bit as plugins are well nigh useless in it but the 32 bit will allow more to work in either version. When I have PSP open no matter what version it is always the 32 bit for ease of use with the plugins. 2021 was a waste of funds for me so I will be waiting a long time after their next release to make sure it is well and truly tested before I purchase.

There is a site where the odd tutorial is very helpful for the inner workings of PSP - https://www.maidiregrafica.eu/tutorial/traduzioniinglese.html

I think the site is Spanish but the link is for the English translations. There is a tab at the very top titled tut tecnici and you will find useful technical tuts in there. It will come up in Spanish/Portuguese but google will translate for you.

If you start using Jasc Animation Shop you will become addicted. I got my certificate in animation in 2014 and this is a link to some of my Pinterest posts for my animations ... interestingly I have not posted the advanced lessons results! https://www.pinterest.com.au/AnnieTobin52/animation-shop-creations/

Love your work Lynda and it will be interesting to see what you think of the Fairymist and Maidiregrafica sites. ;D

Hi Lynda. Here are 2a few other sites that may be useful to you.

https://www.maidiregrafica.eu/tutorial/traduzioniinglese.html At the very top you will find a tab Tut tecnici.

https://fairymist.pagesperso-orange.fr/pagetags/pagetags.htm

http://www.arasimages.com/ (some animation tuts here)

https://www.pinterest.com.au/AnnieTobin52/animation-shop-creations/ (my animations)

If you have started with animations it is very addicting ... jus warnin ya!

I am not enamoured with PSP21, crashes consistently when using the magic wand and the selection tool for expand, contract or feather. Most of the plugins work in 2021 if you are using the 32bit. I always have two versions x7 and 21 open because all plugins work in x7 32bit (X2 and X7 are my two favourite PSP versions). ;D