What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

Advent: Day 10 + December Song Challenge: "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from the film: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. With colorful insults ("You have termites in your smile, you have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile") and the unmistakeable deep tone of voiceover actor Thurl Ravenscroft—who was also the voice of Frosted Flakes' Tony the Tiger for nearly fifty years—this is a Christmas classic.

Annie: Thank you for the kind words! Doing an Advent Calendar is certainly keeping me busy since I need one per day up through the 24th.

Your gnome family are beyond cute!! The braids on the girls are adorable. I'm currently working my way through Carole's video again so to be able to start a "family" of my own. :)

Thanks Ann, I really appreciate your comments. You know I look back on my work sometimes and I think now why did I do that and that is what happened here. I had created the gnomes, given them names put it all together and posted ... then remembered the mama gnome aka Feathers was supposed to have a feather decoration. No mittens and no feathers ... my age is showing, lol!

Terrific job on day 11 ... and I do love Angela Lansbury ... don't think I missed an episode of Murder, She Wrote! ;D

Sue, sometimes when I've been using Paintshop Pro for a while and it starts to slow, if I exit, delete temporary files by either using a program such as Ccleaner or you can go to Start-Run- type in........cleanmgr /sagerun: 99 and hit enter.

The first time you type this in a box will pop up and you choose which things you want it to clean or you can get there by typing  into Run    cleanmgr /sageset: 99    (don't forget the space following cleanmgr and space following the colon)...Then run the first one and it will automatically run.

After I do this PSP will often run much faster again. I had the same problem trying to make the garland. As I was following Carole's excellent instructions, and changing the Brush Variance settings, I couldn't get the garland to run slowly across, not until I performed the above.

Hope this helps.

I was playing this morning with a picture I took from my back porch. I was using Pic to Painting, garland, and sky and worrying about our chaotic world. How that all goes together, who knows? Too much coffee maybe. My friend just called to tell me her grandson has covid now - caught from his college roommate. It never seems to end. I know families are not getting together for Christmas ... travel is not safe. I sure wish for better times soon. I hope you are all staying well. I was also still playing with one of the classes on manipulating vector shapes. What I ended up with was entirely chaotic, which was how I was feeling!

Ann Seeber, great advent 8. Congrats on the new computer. Soon you will be doubling your output. Advent 9 is stunning with the deep green frame and gold. Mr. Grinch is a favorite around here and I adore what you had done for Advent 10. I am enjoying how you combine the song challenge with the Advent calendar. Wonderful job on adding the Santa hat to Angela.

Cristina, thank you. How about making a gnome a month? That way you would have them all year long. A New Year gnome, a Valentine gnome, etc. Wow, that gave me an idea.

Oh Sue, your gnomes are certainly adorable. I attended too, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. Awesome names.

James, fabulous pictures and I like how you used one as the background. I really like the idea of laminating the childrens artwork and my son would love the upside down tree. He's always wanted to do that.

Larry, awesome card. Anyone who receives it will be lucky.

Annie, such a cute gnome family. And what a great idea to make the female gnomes with hair braids instead of beard. Love them all.

Nice one Raymond. Such a beautiful picture. While I'm in NW Florida, I'm sure you have been enjoying the crazy weather as well. Great instructions on cleaning the desktop. I just use my husband, LOL.

Minka, beautiful Christmas wish. Background reminds of abstract art and the colors are stunning. So sorry to hear about your friend's grandson. We thought ours had it to and he was in the hospital for a week. Luckily it turned out to be something else.

Minka, as Karon said, this is a beautiful Christmas wish and in much need everywhere. I do hope your friend's grandson gets well soon. I love the layout, and the colors are amazing.

Karon, this is a great idea, and I think you will finish it before me! ... I have been practicing the Masterclass's techniques and created 3 gnomes so far, starting the fourth, but I am not 100% satisfied yet with my results... But it is fun! ... I also changed my mind about using it in my Calendar because we are probably going into total lockdown starting Wednesday, so I had my calendar printed yesterday... But I will continue practicing until I have something that I like. : )

Ann, how did you get the tubes in your PSP? Did you export it? It looks like you exported it as a Picture tube but it is already one. You would just have to save the .psptube file in the Picture Tubes folder ONLY.

And no, you don't have a choice of color in this case because I only sent one. It is not a set, and you cannot choose a color for tubes like you do for Brushes.