Calendar Workshop 2025

Cassel

I am also participating in this calendar workshop. The very first Up to date challenge I participated in  was  in  December 2016 (2017 calendar).  Which was a very different challenge. A return to that particular challenge may  be a thought.  I believe that it precedes any of the challenges and workshops.      

January.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4
  • Love 9

23 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I am also participating in this calendar workshop. The very first Up to date challenge I participated in  was  in  December 2016 (2017 calendar).  Which was a very different challenge. A return to that particular challenge may  be a thought.  I believe that it precedes any of the challenges and workshops.      

January.jpg

I wasnt around for that time, now I'm curious about it.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

@MoniqueN. If you refresh the page, I have added a separate downloadable set of months to start on Mondays.

Thank you from me too! The other years I had to do it myself and last year I used your custom calendar script, but made a mistake in one of the month which had 31 days in stead of 30!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you from me too! The other years I had to do it myself and last year I used your custom calendar script, but made a mistake in one of the month which had 31 days in stead of 30!

I used that script too last year 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I wasnt around for that time, now I'm curious about it.  

It wasn't  a conventional style of calendar  like we have been making  in recent years. A scrapbooking layout style. There was a choice  of  using a quick page, a template or both to showcase photos. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am making a Thailand themed calendar for my grandson and his girlfriend as a remembrance of their summer trip. I made the background from one of my flower pictures modified by FF and a blend mode. The font is "Asian Pacific" from CF. The photo is from David taken in Thailand.

dsstep1Jan.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Here is February.  I'm going to draw your attention to some minor pieces that have been left  in the making of some of these templates,  which require you to remove.  They  are small details, and can be overlooked.  

Donna and Jacques,  I notice that there is line  down in the bottom left hand corner which needs to be removed.  Also Jacques you  have a line going from top to bottom on the right hand side.  I suspect you will need to activate the eraser tool, and  one of the layers, possibly a  layer in the  mask to remove it. I'm speculating the photo you used.  O
Great work Donna and Jacques.

February.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I think I may end up making 2 calendars. This is the January for the 1st set. I've added the year and made a separate image so that I can use it throughout. I also added the days of the week and saved it as a separate image. The Tolkein button I will use on each page changing the color to coordinate with the picture as I love this quote from Lord of the Rings.

2025 January-1_1000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

• Cassel pinned this topic

Welcome to all the registrants, and hopefully, most people will participate in this workshop. We have over 100 registrants, including some who are with us for the first time. Don't be shy. If you are every stuck at any point, don't hesitate to post in the forum. Someone will be here to help you.

Since the whole project revolves around 7 different tutorials, it is ok if you are not done your pages (even January and February) after the first couple of days. In fact, it is very possible that your early projects will be edited and you will add more elements as the tutorials come up. It is ok!

@Corrie Kinkel Isn't it nice when people ASK you for those calendars? That definitely means that they appreciate your work.

@Cristina I am glad you like the new templates. I always want to make something new, every year.

@Sue Thomas 2016? It is amazing how time flies. That means we have had various workshops for at least 8 years! I might have to go look for those initial templates! Yes, it was set up more like a "class" than a workshop. It had a LOT of supplies, including some alphas. Maybe something to reconsider in the future.

@Jacques Lacerte Great start. I am sure that same page might end up looking different in a few days!

@Donna Sillia You mentioned what the font IS, but you have not used it yet, or do I need new glasses?

@Mary Solaas Did you resize the calendar part to use the whole width?

If you are not finished the first pages, don't worry, because I am not expecting you to be done. You can always post a work-in-progress if you want, but if you prefer to wait, you can just post them near the end. Remember to post your finished pages in the gallery too!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Welcome to all the registrants, and hopefully, most people will participate in this workshop. We have over 100 registrants, including some who are with us for the first time. Don't be shy. If you are every stuck at any point, don't hesitate to post in the forum. Someone will be here to help you.

Since the whole project revolves around 7 different tutorials, it is ok if you are not done your pages (even January and February) after the first couple of days. In fact, it is very possible that your early projects will be edited and you will add more elements as the tutorials come up. It is ok!

@Corrie Kinkel Isn't it nice when people ASK you for those calendars? That definitely means that they appreciate your work.

@Cristina I am glad you like the new templates. I always want to make something new, every year.

@Sue Thomas 2016? It is amazing how time flies. That means we have had various workshops for at least 8 years! I might have to go look for those initial templates! Yes, it was set up more like a "class" than a workshop. It had a LOT of supplies, including some alphas. Maybe something to reconsider in the future.

@Jacques Lacerte Great start. I am sure that same page might end up looking different in a few days!

@Donna Sillia You mentioned what the font IS, but you have not used it yet, or do I need new glasses?

If you are not finished the first pages, don't worry, because I am not expecting you to be done. You can always post a work-in-progress if you want, but if you prefer to wait, you can just post them near the end. Remember to post your finished pages in the gallery too!

Carole,  I  have all of the supplies, including the alphas. I'm  sure you do too, if not I  can send them to you via a zipped folder. Also in Feb 2017 there was the first story time challenge. I can't  believe how time flies, it doesn't  seem that long ago, until you said 8yrs ago. Lol

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Cassel yes, I did resize the dates - was looking for more space to write on the date.

Mary, if you go back to a previous calendar workshop you will find dates which will fit the whole width of your page. That way the lines and everything  else will  be cleaner.  Mind you, you'll have  to scroll  through  them to match the right dates to the right month. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Sorry Carole, I didn't post the calendar with the fonts yet. I actually finished Jan using your Calendar script. The side picture is from Adobe Express. I added a mask to it.

dsjan600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Here is a preliminary version of my January calendar for 2025. I decided to use the Nashville Zoo theme as my granddaughter, Jackie, is now a zookeeper there. She started work in September and she and her husband moved to Nashville, Tennessee. This is her first "real" zoo and she's thrilled! Her previous experience was at Claws n Paws Animal Park in Pennsylvania which can't do the breeding and official zoo activities that they do at this very large facility in Nashville. She has started in the Carnivore House and will rotate through the various habitats until she has experience in all of them. She has sent me lots of photos and some I gleaned from the zoo's website.

The font for the month/year title is Aviation Cocktail. I added the days of the week. I had a .png for it I had used in the past for my Botswana wildlife and Downton Abbey calendar workshops. @Cassel these new templates are awesome!

january prelim forum.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7