Scrap Bootcamp - September 2024

Cassel

10 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Thank you, Michele, truth be told, I wanted to use a key but wasn't sure where to place it, then, it hit me, replace the o in Locked! Not planned, just a fluke, really.

It's not a fluke just because it wasn't planned. It's creativity on the fly. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Project 3.  I know it is difficult to read the postcard at 600 dpi so I'm throwing in a small size copy of that element.

The angel(s) came from Janet Kemp,   The background was from a Tutorial Project, the striped paper was a modification of a Flolinette-PBS paper, the font was Blackletter 686 BT.  The background for the bigger text is an original photo taken while we were steaming FAST through the Red Sea to get on station for the start of the Desert Storm campaign which I heavily modified, by changing hues, and mirroring a selection (small copy attached of original). 

large.Project3.jpg.7af2d262c5109177711196f308c024a5.jpg

Image31.jpg

redsea07.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Love 13

3 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Project 3.  I know it is difficult to read the postcard at 600 dpi so I'm throwing in a small size copy of that element.

The angel(s) came from Janet Kemp,   The background was from a Tutorial Project, the striped paper was a modification of a Flolinette-PBS paper, the font was Blackletter 686 BT.  The background for the bigger text is an original photo taken while we were steaming FAST through the Red Sea to get on station for the start of the Desert Storm campaign which I heavily modified, by changing hues, and mirroring a selection (small copy attached of original). 

large.Project3.jpg.7af2d262c5109177711196f308c024a5.jpg

Image31.jpg

redsea07.jpg

Very nice layout but the text on top of the post card is not very realistic IMO. You can fix it by having the text go around the postcard or resizing the postcard a bit smaller.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Very nice layout but the text on top of the post card is not very realistic IMO. You can fix it by having the text go around the postcard or resizing the postcard a bit smaller.

Nice catch.  I didn't think about that.  The postcard addition was a last minute after-thought and I missed it.

Project3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Project #3

This time I kept pretty much to the layout in the lesson, just because I like the outlook of that page. Everything except the swirl, the glitters and the glitterbutterfly comes from cpjess-MeadowBundle. I thought that was appropriate because my photos are from a meadow. The swirl is recolored and from the Fire and Ice kit (by Marissa Lerin if I'm correct). The glitterbutterfly was done by me sometime ago because I just liked to make one and that comes in handy now. The glitters around the photos are called ChineseOriental and I don't remember where I got them. The font is Lucida calligraphy.

Bootcamp#3-600.jpg

• Love 10

@Carolyn Rye It is ok to use bits and pieces. It might just be a good idea to mention it in case someone else is wondering "what kit is that?". That is a cute portrait of Bundy!

@Michele Sad to hear of that tree disappearing but glad you got a great pic of it to showcase.

@Ann Seeber Did he actually get a "certificate" for that haircut?

@Daniel Hess Amazing how different the paper is from the starting photo. That is a great example of how to start with something and build your stash with something completely different! Great work. And I agree that the second picture is better without the text overlapping the postcard.

@Clarine That is a great story. The black and white photos on a colored page really stand out. A couple of tweak could help. You can surely add a much larger shadow to that white flower at the bottom. Add a large Blur and reduce the opacity. It will make that flower stand out. Also, for the text at the bottom, maybe stretch the paper just enough so that the last word does not overlap the edge.

@Corrie KinkelGreat shadowing on the flowers!

You should have another day, tomorrow, to work on your current projects. The next project will be only on Tuesday so time to catch up!

• Like 2

I like using photos for backgrounds and this one I have left it as is to show the Gordon River and the Wilderness surrounding it. I tried several different glitters but ended up using a wooden texture.  I still have text to add - just have to find my notes on the photos!

image.jpeg.ece9ce72cc212d8ed78ff8129b4bb8cc.jpeg

• Love 11

33 minutes ago, Leslie Gifford Cook said:

Day 7 - Project 3

On our recent trip to France we got to tour a number of places.  One of them was Monet's garden in Giverny.  Here are some of the many pictures we took while there.

I'm getting used to the shortcut Ctrl-Y (for the drop shadow) this time.  Thanks

Day 7 - Project 3-500.jpg

Very nice, Leslie. I do like the colors. If I may make a suggestion, and it just may be my opinion, but I'd put the larger photo in the center with the two smaller ones on either side to balance the layout. What do you think?

• Like 5

My daughter and Heidi have been BFF for over 30 years. They celebrated their 50th birthdays in Savannah, GA where Beth lived at the time. If you haven't heard of the Savannah Bananas baseball team, you should check out their hilarious videos on YouTube. They are so popular that you have to enter a raffle to get their tickets even if they are playing in Cleveland.

I made the background using FF. The glitters are from ones that I made in the past using the cass glitter script. The stripes were made with cass stripes 2 script. The bananas and running shoes are from Canva. The saying is from Creative Fabrica. I converted the hearts to a vector using selection to path script and then my diamond tubes using VectorTube. The saying was selected and filled with my pink glitter pattern. The heart was a vector shape converted to a raster and filled with the pink glitter. I chose the colors based on Heidi's love of pink and of glitter (my kind of girl!). The photos are from Beth (I didn't get a good one of them wearing their banana costumes).

dsBFF600.jpg

• Love 11

59 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

My daughter and Heidi have been BFF for over 30 years. They celebrated their 50th birthdays in Savannah, GA where Beth lived at the time. If you haven't heard of the Savannah Bananas baseball team, you should check out their hilarious videos on YouTube. They are so popular that you have to enter a raffle to get their tickets even if they are playing in Cleveland.

I made the background using FF. The glitters are from ones that I made in the past using the cass glitter script. The stripes were made with cass stripes 2 script. The bananas and running shoes are from Canva. The saying is from Creative Fabrica. I converted the hearts to a vector using selection to path script and then my diamond tubes using VectorTube. The saying was selected and filled with my pink glitter pattern. The heart was a vector shape converted to a raster and filled with the pink glitter. I chose the colors based on Heidi's love of pink and of glitter (my kind of girl!). The photos are from Beth (I didn't get a good one of them wearing their banana costumes).

dsBFF600.jpg

You put all your "stuff" to a very good use! It is so nice when people can keep up a good friendship over a long period of time.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@Euka Beautiful photo. The simplicity makes it stunning.

@Carolyn Rye It looks like you purposefully added a larger shadow on the circle to account for the thickness of the rope. Is that the case?

@Leslie Gifford CookGreat work on the sizing of the images. Did you know that you can also add a shortcut to the Layers palette too?

@Jacques Lacerte Great job on the resizing. There is no distortion. You could probably add more offset and blur on the shadow for the flower. It would give it more "volume".

@Donna SilliaFun layout! I have heard of the Savannah Bananas. I don't remember where, but I do know about them. A little like the Harlem Globetrotters but for Baseball.

Another project will be presented tomorrow. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I am so late getting started with this bootcamp, but I will try my best to keep up. Just finished Day 1 lesson. I have PSP Pro 2023 Ultimate and I prefer a dark gray background to work with and I always have the materials and layers palate available and just move them out of my way as needed. I have tried to teach myself how to use it & have a basic knowledge of some of it but I know I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to all the lessons. I have included a screenshot of how mine is set up with a photo of my very spoiled dog, Dozer.

Desktop screenshot 600x.jpg

• Love 10

1 hour ago, Teresa Hicks said:

I also managed to get Day2 lesson done and my all time favorite sandwich is a BLT with lots of bacon and tomato on wheat toast. And no meal is complete around our house without dessert. ☺️

large.Sandwich.jpg.2b47cca5bc24a89893e06da704d80b0e.jpg

i like what you did with the flatware (metallic effect) and the addition of the napkin.  I'm going to have to break out the tutorial(s) on creating metallic elements and practice on that until I can remember the steps without having to use notes or re-watch the videos.

• Like 7