What are you working on (in September 2024)?

Cassel

11 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Among other things, been playing around with creating pre-set shapes (vectors) a little bit.  The last one was one that I converted from some I found that were listed as vectors (I think psd format?...for photoshop?) but really weren't so had to work on it in PSP.  I'm hoping I saved the chess pieces as pspimage because I did something wrong...the shapes in the preset shape drop down do not match up to the shape that gets drawn .  When I do the shape, the names are correct in the vector objects so not sure where I went awry on that.

septembershapes.jpg

These are so cool.  i hope you get them straightened out.  The dog one is really touching.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cristina said:

LAB 11-Module 12 tutorials: Glittered Tree  --  Knitting  --  Party Hat

When practicing the Lab tutorials, I look up photos in my folders that have something in common with the tutorials, like Christmas, Summer, School, etc.  Sometimes, it is not easy to find something suitable.

Credits Cassel:

• Template from the Lab10-M02.  I tweaked the dimensions of the photos.  I like this template very much and have used it a few times before.
  • Fireworks1 Picture Tube
  • Diamond Chain-02 Picture Tube

Others:

• Santa by Crazy Cat Creations-CCC_THT ele  (18).   I added the knitting effect to it
  • Background paper by DiHiller_Happy Snow Season paper4

Fonts: Galeforce BTN  --  Middle Class Script Swash  -- Arial Rounded MT Bold  --  Curlz MT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

With this layout, I’ve finished all modules from Lab 11.  Now, it’s only missing Labs 12, 13, 14 😁

Lab11-M012F 2020 Um Natal diferente.jpg

crdh-Santa Knitting TextureF.jpg

that knitted santa is really awesome.  I can't believe how real it looks.  

• Love 2

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Daniel maybe I'm going to say something you already do, but when drawing a shape you have to hold the shift key on your keyboard. In this way the shapes stay as you want them.

I usually do that.  I didn't turn on grids to make the chess pieces all proportional to each other...I just put up a small canvas and put 'one each' of the shapes onto it.  AND I did fix the anomaly.  I had to delete the shape file then re-export it.  After that everything synched up.  Good thing because I had wanted to have the "default" width for the strokes a bit larger than I had when I originally exported/saved the file.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Thanks Cristina, but the idea came from elsewhere. It was a fun one to work on.

Julie, we all get inspired by someone or something we saw and liked, but the result expresses our own view.  I like your style very much.  🙂

17 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

You go girl! You're on a streak of creativity..

Thank you!  I guess I am, and I do hope it stays for a while! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

that knitted santa is really awesome.  I can't believe how real it looks.  

Thank you, Susan. 🙂   Carole's technique is really amazing.

Here is the original element from CCC (Crazy Cat Creation). 

I downloaded the kit "Trimming the Tree" a long time ago when I started scrapbooking.  I had nothing, so I grabbed almost all the freebies I could see. 

Crazy Cat Creations-CCC_THT ele  ((18)).jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Most current project.  My wife is a Feng Shui Master (studied with Joseph Yu in Toronto) and at some point about 25 years ago, she commissioned an artist to design a logo for her.  The artist came up with two and she chose and mostly has used one of them over the years.  She is now into woodworking and is making kitchen cutting boards.  She wanted to turn her logo into a branding iron (type "branding iron for wood" into amazon.c o m).  I am turning her logo into a preset shape outline that can be used to make the branding iron.  Obviously it won't have the yin/yang COLOR scheme but I can make the outline so it is definitely HER logo and can be turned into a "one-dimensional" (?) tool to "sign" her woodwork.  Here is the logo I'm starting with.

LogoMonica9.jpg

• Love 8

42 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

Most current project.  My wife is a Feng Shui Master (studied with Joseph Yu in Toronto) and at some point about 25 years ago, she commissioned an artist to design a logo for her.  The artist came up with two and she chose and mostly has used one of them over the years.  She is now into woodworking and is making kitchen cutting boards.  She wanted to turn her logo into a branding iron (type "branding iron for wood" into amazon.c o m).  I am turning her logo into a preset shape outline that can be used to make the branding iron.  Obviously it won't have the yin/yang COLOR scheme but I can make the outline so it is definitely HER logo and can be turned into a "one-dimensional" (?) tool to "sign" her woodwork.  Here is the logo I'm starting with.

LogoMonica9.jpg

I hope we get to see the cutting boards with the logo in a layout.  I used to work for my brother (when i lived in BC -Canada) who made Japanese shoji doors, step chests and custom japanese furniture.  He retired to help his chef son who was changing careers and making italian cooking tools (gnochi boards and all things italian).  check it out for ideas, on Etsy or at nonnaswoodshop.com .  They keep asking my hubby and I to move back to BC and work for them but houses are 3x the price now...no thanks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

Here is the cutting board and the finished preset shape (to send in to be made into a "branding iron").  This is her first one and she is sending it to a friend in Florida.

cuttingboard.jpg

logobrand.jpg

That would also make a very cool tatoo! If one wanted such a thing 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Here is the cutting board and the finished preset shape (to send in to be made into a "branding iron").  This is her first one and she is sending it to a friend in Florida.

cuttingboard.jpg

logobrand.jpg

That is so nice.  Is that black walnut on the edges?  that's going to be a very unique brand on her boards, a little extra art for the recipient..  

• Like 3

Another project been working on and finally finished.  Granddaughter is 16 now and we haven't been having that exchange for a few years but when she was small for several years, I got her going during visits and on the phone (they live in Austin TX) by telling her Vanilla RULZ !  

FlavorWars.jpg

• Love 7

I am still fascinated by various fonts. The font I used is a called maiandra is my computer fonts. The font pages were originally created in Photoshop from an editable text effect called "soft" that I downloaded from deeezy.com. Once I made the letters in Photoshop, I saved them as pngs and opened them in Paintshop. I used the script alphasheetseparator from cass, then the Alpha stacker script and finally the Text creator script. All the scripts worked perfectly in PSP Ultimate 2023.

dsmaiandraGD600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

We had terrible weather this last couple of days and I, amongst other things, rewatched the last masterclass Craft Your Desk. I made the office supplies that were demonstrated in the class and I'm sure they will come in handy on a later moment. Nevertheless I wanted to show them and made a simple layout and added some other suitable items that I already had done some time ago. The only things that I didn't made are the plant and the icons on the letterboard, they came from my stash. 

TheOffice-600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

We had terrible weather this last couple of days and I, amongst other things, rewatched the last masterclass Craft Your Desk. I made the office supplies that were demonstrated in the class and I'm sure they will come in handy on a later moment. Nevertheless I wanted to show them and made a simple layout and added some other suitable items that I already had done some time ago. The only things that I didn't made are the plant and the icons on the letterboard, they came from my stash. 

TheOffice-600.jpg

Well done Corrie.  I could use some of these in my office right now.  It's unreal how "real" everything looks.  I really like the transparent tabs and the lined papers look so real. It looks like the lined paper on the left is in a folder (pouch) that has a transparent front.  I can see an indent near the top and a slight difference in opacity with the part of the paper sticking out.    

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

TheOffice-600.jpg

Wow, I'm getting the same tingle I experience every time I walk into an office supply store. I do love the category and often dreamed of having my own store so I could play all day! LOL They look so real here I'm running off to get water for the snake plant!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

TheOffice-600.jpg

These are wonderful. I missed the masterclass and haven't had time to look at it yet but you have inspired me to make time. Well done Corrie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Well done Corrie.  I could use some of these in my office right now.  It's unreal how "real" everything looks.  I really like the transparent tabs and the lined papers look so real. It looks like the lined paper on the left is in a folder (pouch) that has a transparent front.  I can see an indent near the top and a slight difference in opacity with the part of the paper sticking out.    

Thanks and yes there is a lined paper in a "plastic" folder like the ones we have over here. I made the folder following a tutorial in Lab 9-02 plastic pocket, but I changed the dimensions to accommodate my paper and only sealed 2 sides. Instead of the color in the tut I used a very translucent yellow, just because I have such a folder with some scrapbook notes. We have other colors available too if I remember well. I'm still using the remnants of what once was a big supply. On this sized down page it is slightly difficult to see though, but I enjoyed myself making this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

These are wonderful. I missed the masterclass and haven't had time to look at it yet but you have inspired me to make time. Well done Corrie.

Sharla if you have the time to watch the class, it was really a fun class and the 4 projects that were shown are relatively easy to make!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Wow, I'm getting the same tingle I experience every time I walk into an office supply store. I do love the category and often dreamed of having my own store so I could play all day! LOL They look so real here I'm running off to get water for the snake plant!

Thank you Ann and I deliberately used a snake plant because you could/can find them very often in offices. I still want to make some more supplies for my digital office, there are more tuts in the Labs that fit to this theme, like a yard stick, a crayon, tape etc. However I mis a pushpin, the one that you can use on a cork pinboard and a highlighter pen. Maybe I can ask Carole about it. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

me too, I love office supplies and often try to think of an excuse for why I need to buy items.  And school supplies.  I've been out of school since 1983 but still feel the urge to buy school supplies at the end of August.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you Ann and I deliberately used a snake plant because you could/can find them very often in offices. I still want to make some more supplies for my digital office, there are more tuts in the Labs that fit to this theme, like a yard stick, a crayon, tape etc. However I mis a pushpin, the one that you can use on a cork pinboard and a highlighter pen. Maybe I can ask Carole about it. 

Hopefully we'll have a Master Class part two on the office supplies. and we could do school supplies, remember those pan paints with 12 colors?  Then there's art supplies.  Oh, so many master classes waiting to happen.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Susan Ewart said:

Hopefully we'll have a Master Class part two on the office supplies. and we could do school supplies, remember those pan paints with 12 colors?  Then there's art supplies.  Oh, so many master classes waiting to happen.

Count me in!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

TheOffice-600.jpg

Sometimes it takes some bad weather to kick start a project.  This turned out great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1