What are you working on (in September 2024)?

Cassel

OK. I needed to see how to make shadows for something that stands out and up. I extracted a frog statue during my work on the Chattanooga trip. This is my take now on the shadow for that element.  And now I'm finished with the Shadow Workshop and am ready to go on to other projects.

MLS-Frog Statue.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Love 8

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Mine too!  I walked away twice, going back thinking that I  would approach it and work on it in a way that would make it look realistic. 😆 

I'm glad there is a solution for this "puzzle"paperclip because I unexpectedly didn't had time today until now to give it a go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'm glad there is a solution for this "puzzle"paperclip because I unexpectedly didn't had time today until now to give it a go.

It certainly was a puzzling paperclip.  When you get around to using yours in a layout, just look  at mine, even though, to me they still don't  look right. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My early morning routine involves tea, the birds, and the squirrels (birdseed and peanuts for them). And one of the dogs here loves to bark at and chase the squirrels.  He is one of two long-term fosters who live here. The third dog is mine. Long-term foster = forever for various reasons. Mad Max (as he is lovingly known) has not yet ever got close to catching one of his prey, but he won't give up!

Masks on pix are Cass PaintSplash - Square. Other elements from my stash. The "scratchy borders" around the pix are from Katie Pertiet.

2024 Max & squrrel_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

My early morning routine involves tea, the birds, and the squirrels (birdseed and peanuts for them). And one of the dogs here loves to bark at and chase the squirrels.  He is one of two long-term fosters who live here. The third dog is mine. Long-term foster = forever for various reasons. Mad Max (as he is lovingly known) has not yet ever got close to catching one of his prey, but he won't give up!

Masks on pix are Cass PaintSplash - Square. Other elements from my stash. The "scratchy borders" around the pix are from Katie Pertiet.

My daughter has 2 dogs and one of them is doing the same as your Mad Max. Where they live there are a lot of squirrels and they walk over the fence and are in the trees surrounding their garden. So it is a constant barking and he chases them but I think they are laughing at him. Even when I take him for a walk whenever he starts to bark look for the squirrel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My daughter has 2 dogs and one of them is doing the same as your Mad Max. Where they live there are a lot of squirrels and they walk over the fence and are in the trees surrounding their garden. So it is a constant barking and he chases them but I think they are laughing at him. Even when I take him for a walk whenever he starts to bark look for the squirrel.

I think squirrels are of a higher order than some other critters. They are smart, fast, and seem to enjoy "laughing" (as you say) at the dogs who are attempting to catch them! As soon as Mad Max runs onto the deck to chase the squirrel, it runs off the deck which causes the dog to jump off the deck, and then the squirrel comes back up on the deck, and feasts on peanuts. It always makes me laugh. Which is always a good thing.

• Haha 4

Wishing I had photos to use for a squirrel vs dog layout: My husband's hunting beagles were kept in a kennel which was a wire enclosure tucked under the trees along the property line. The RED squirrel would get up in the tree and drop acorns on the dogs! Beagles howling all day was not entertaining! 🐶😵

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Haha 4

It may have taken a while but now I have used that paperclip as I promised I would do. Actually it was fortunate that I didn't do it before because I won the cass-Broken script this Sunday and it came in sooo handy! Thank you Carole and I can show you immediately what I have come up with. I had great fun making this layout and I must admit that the paperclip wasn't all too difficult to use. The clip is in essence the same as a regular paperclip, they are both made out of one piece of wire. Therefore I looked at how I would use a normal one and then I saw how to use this one. I can't believe it is that simple after all the discussion about it, but when I follow the line of the clip I think it is oké.

I used the Broken script not only on the words but on a paperclip too and I hope it is all visible on this reduced page. I have given the words and the clip a slight bevel to make the effect better to see. The other paperclip and the word distressed are treated to a brush with distress effect. The 2 papers and the stain come from Marissa Lerin in the Work Bundle and the font is Bahnschrift.

PaperclipTrial&Error-600.jpg

• Love 7

48 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It may have taken a while but now I have used that paperclip as I promised I would do. Actually it was fortunate that I didn't do it before because I won the cass-Broken script this Sunday and it came in sooo handy! Thank you Carole and I can show you immediately what I have come up with. I had great fun making this layout and I must admit that the paperclip wasn't all too difficult to use. The clip is in essence the same as a regular paperclip, they are both made out of one piece of wire. Therefore I looked at how I would use a normal one and then I saw how to use this one. I can't believe it is that simple after all the discussion about it, but when I follow the line of the clip I think it is oké.

I used the Broken script not only on the words but on a paperclip too and I hope it is all visible on this reduced page. I have given the words and the clip a slight bevel to make the effect better to see. The other paperclip and the word distressed are treated to a brush with distress effect. The 2 papers and the stain come from Marissa Lerin in the Work Bundle and the font is Bahnschrift.

Well done you!   Now I  see how you used it, it looks better untitled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

large.202491MPCCHHPBbillielayout05D600.jpg.24b14b93a861128297a389a931cc5c7d.jpg

large.202491HHMPCCPBbillielayout05C600.jpg.97192c4a5d6b25150ae3da499b147e75.jpg

A nearby community invited our women to come to their courts for a tournament. We played a round robin...meaning each team played against each team...and had a great time. Each layout features players from each community. Our team had more than the required number of players so we took turns playing. Some of the host ladies come to play at our gym so some of us already knew each other.

Template 05C and 05D by Billie Irene at Digital Scrapbooking.

• Love 8

large.2024921CountryStoreAdventureTemplate252delady22600.jpg.fc525a76f0e1205583dfc277f51e0e44.jpg

The Ole Country Store has long been a favorite. We had spent a week in Georgia where I competed in the Georgia Golden Olympics. We passed right by the Ole Country Store on the way home so we stopped for one more adventure before arriving home. Lunch, ice cream and a walk by the lake...perfect end to our trip!

Template 252 by Lady 22.

• Love 8

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Great layout!  And you can see the broken paperclip.  I bought the script but will be awhile before I get to try it out.  Great ideas here Corrie, I never thought to use it on something other than text.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024824BDayCelebrationTemplate-Lab14-09600.jpg.599f4465ede077dd43134b598f93505f.jpg

For my 80th birthday my friend, Michelle, came up and the 3 of us went to Skyland Drive. It was a fun day with good food, ice cream and the best of time spent with friends.

Template from Lab 14-09. Word art from Creative Fabrica.

Happy Birthday Bonnie!  Missed you in campus.  Looks like a great day for you.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024824BDayCelebrationTemplate-Lab14-09600.jpg.599f4465ede077dd43134b598f93505f.jpg

For my 80th birthday my friend, Michelle, came up and the 3 of us went to Skyland Drive. It was a fun day with good food, ice cream and the best of time spent with friends.

Belated Happy Birthday, Bonnie!💟  What better way to commemorate it than with true friends?!

There's a saying, "In good times, your friends get to know who you are.  In bad times, you know who are your friends."

Lovely layout to remember this day!

• Like 2

On 9/23/2024 at 12:00 AM, Julie Magerka said:

I like the layout very much.   Mad Max is very persistent, Julie;  he doesn't take NO for an answer! 😄 

I got to know Katie Pertiet some time ago through Pinterest's suggestions; I like her style.

Last week, I even purchased a template #KPertiet_FramedSpillLayersNo3 ---, which I haven't had the opportunity to use yet, as I have been working on a multi-photo layout for the last trip.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It's good when I don't do anything right after Carole makes any goodies available, as I have the answers to any questions I might have had right here. 🙂 

I liked very much how you showcased all the techniques, scripts, brushes, etc., in this layout, Corrie.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Great layout!  And you can see the broken paperclip.  I bought the script but will be awhile before I get to try it out.  Great ideas here Corrie, I never thought to use it on something other than text.  

Thank you and the description of the script says that it makes the broken effect on text or shapes! Well that instantly gave me the idea to use it on that paperclip after I had figured out how to use the clip.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I too want to wish you, probably to late,  happy birthday! But as the saying is: Better late than never.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I can't resist Bonnie....and your Layout "priceless"! The series is such fun to see.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cristina said:

I like the layout very much.   Mad Max is very persistent, Julie;  he doesn't take NO for an answer! 😄 

I got to know Katie Pertiet some time ago through Pinterest's suggestions; I like her style.

Last week, I even purchased a template #KPertiet_FramedSpillLayersNo3 ---, which I haven't had the opportunity to use yet, as I have been working on a multi-photo layout for the last trip.

When I found KP I was smitten with her designs. She recently celebrated her 60th birthday with 60% off in her store. That was fun!

• Like 3