September FONT Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

With back-to-school time of year, you might have a photo or a story related to school and you might be looking for a cursive font. Or you could use this easy-to-read font for your journaling.

You can get this free font HERE.

Font-Sept2024

What will you write?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I am not sure where I will use this, but it is much more legible than most cursive fonts. Thanks

Make sure to adjust the kerning. It looks like it might be negative. Set it to 0 to see if it is even more ligible.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:49 AM, Cassel said:

Make sure to adjust the kerning. It looks like it might be negative. Set it to 0 to see if it is even more ligible.

Thanks, I will, I just thought it was supposed to look like that. LOL

• Like 2

Didn’t go for the school theme but used the font for a quote layout.

“If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough” is a quote from Ellen Johnson Sirleaf who was president of Liberia from 2006 to 2018. She was the first elected female head of state in Africa.

The background is one of my photos of clouds.

font challenge small sep 24.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 6

22 hours ago, Sharla said:

Didn’t go for the school theme but used the font for a quote layout.

“If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough” is a quote from Ellen Johnson Sirleaf who was president of Liberia from 2006 to 2018. She was the first elected female head of state in Africa.

The background is one of my photos of clouds.

font challenge small sep 24.jpg

Those are words to contemplate, for sure!

• Like 2

I didn't go for a school theme as well. This font is so easy to read that I probably am going to use it often. Besides the frame by Carole I made the rest from scratch with a lot of different blend modes and reduced opacities. Both my photos are from the same wild carrot in the small meadow where I often pass by. When the plant dies down it makes a tight ball over the seeds in the flowerhead which give it its nickname "vogelnestje" (in Dutch) and that translates to birdnest.

FontChallenge-sept.2024-2-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I didn't go for a school theme as well. This font is so easy to read that I probably am going to use it often. Besides the frame by Carole I made the rest from scratch with a lot of different blend modes and reduced opacities. Both my photos are from the same wild carrot in the small meadow where I often pass by. When the plant dies down it makes a tight ball over the seeds in the flowerhead which give it its nickname "vogelnestje" (in Dutch) and that translates to birdnest.

FontChallenge-sept.2024-2-600.jpg

I love the colors in this layout.  Does this plant actually produce a carrot?  It's amazing to see that it can go into such a tight ball.  It's a pretty flower with the pink ring.  

• Like 1

Well, the fonts look very good with/on a right background. This background be one color /like Julie's, Sharla's, Carrie's ones/. The fonts didn't look fine on my recent work so I changed font to white Ariel.

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I love the colors in this layout.  Does this plant actually produce a carrot?  It's amazing to see that it can go into such a tight ball.  It's a pretty flower with the pink ring.  

Thank you and somehow the photos just "asked" for that color. When I had them on a lighter background it didn't work. This way the photos blend in with the background and I had to reduce the opacity on Carole's frame because it was bright orange. I spend most of the time playing with the settings for the background; the photos with the masks were easy. The wild carrot actually produces a white carrot, but to us it isn't very tastefully. The seeds are mostly used in a meadow mix or sown on their own in a garden for ornamental purposes because the plant is very decorative and it is a sturdy plant, circa  60-70 cm high.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kasany said:

Well, the fonts look very good with/on a right background. This background be one color /like Julie's, Sharla's, Carrie's ones/. The fonts didn't look fine on my recent work so I changed font to white Ariel.

Kasany I agree this font won't look good on a layout with a busy background but on an almost one color background it is easy to read. For instance I'm thinking of journaling on a label etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Kasany I agree this font won't look good on a layout with a busy background but on an almost one color background it is easy to read. For instance I'm thinking of journaling on a label etc.

I'm completely agree. You used a very good word to describe this not good for the fonts background. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I think the plant resembles what we here call Queen Anne's Lace which tightens into a brownish ball when it's finished blooming. But the flowers of that are white only.

21 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I think the plant resembles what we here call Queen Anne's Lace which tightens into a brownish ball when it's finished blooming. But the flowers of that are white only.

Yes Julie it is the same plant and it is mostly white but over here some can have a pink touch!

• Like 2