What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

1 hour ago, Cristina said:

Your comments, Michele, Corrie, and Susan, reminded me that I still have zillions of masterclasses to practice!  😬

In 2017, there were many "Challenges" to create something with the techniques shown in the masterclass. I think that now is part of the Tut-Tech challenge.

My day definitely has to be more than 24 hours. 🤔

I've always said, "I need a 48 hour day".  I wish I had more PSP time.  How rude that my job interferes with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/2/2024 at 9:34 AM, Donna Sillia said:

I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction. I can't stop downloading them from CF.

I have been working on letter templates using patterns and different fonts. This font is called Mrs. Beasly which is a thick, free font. The pattern is from a dingbat font called Seamless patterns.

I made the pattern for the letters using cass seamless pattern script, the cass script element stacker to make the layers and then the cass script text creator for the title. I used layer styles for the bevel and saved as a vector so that I could later change the pattern, colors, etc. 

dsredflowers600.jpg

Beautiful as usual.. Like a lot of others have said, I suspect I have the same addiction.  However going to rehab would not do a lot of good sense I really don't want to kick this addiction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is for all my fellow font-a-holics. Fill in your name, frame the certificate, and proudly hang it above your computer.

Sorry it took so long, but I decided to start with a blank page. Several days, many errors, a bunch of restarts later et voilà! If you want the full-size jpg or pspimage, just let me know. 🙂

Hope you don't mind that I borrowed your logo, @Cassel. Some of you might recognize Cassel's Lace Edge 6 font on the outer layer of the frame; it can be used for more than just lace.

large.Certificiate0103600.jpg.1f9f1f50fbedaf1cce2946a0d92b3ba8.jpg

• Haha 2
  • WOW 3
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, Michele said:

This is for all my fellow font-a-holics. Fill in your name, frame the certificate, and proudly hang it above your computer.

Sorry it took so long, but I decided to start with a blank page. Several days, many errors, a bunch of restarts later et voilà! If you want the full-size jpg or pspimage, just let me know. 🙂

Hope you don't mind that I borrowed your logo, @Cassel. Some of you might recognize Cassel's Lace Edge 6 font on the outer layer of the frame; it can be used for more than just lace.

Oh, too funny Michele! And such a lovely certificate. Looks authentic to me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:25 AM, Cristina said:

Susan, I go through the same "yuk" moments. 

After I finish one layout, it takes time to start a new one.   The photo is the starting point; it has to connect with me and spark creativity.  Sometimes, it is right there, but other times, there's a blank, and it takes me a long time to decide on something,..  Which usually ends up being totally different from when I began. 😄 

That's me Cristina! You said it perfectly. What I end up  with in no way resembles what was in my head or what I even started with!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Michele said:

Michele, I love it!

Thanks for accepting me into this exclusive group. I am now officially a member, and I'll make every effort not to disappoint you or any of my colleagues. 😄 

It's an honor to have you as our president!  

• Haha 2
  • Love 3

OK, so I started with an idea (a bit of a scraplift). When I wasn't satisfied with what I was getting, i switched to something more traditional and used the white, blue, green that are colours associated with the group who sponsor the plaque project. I need something clean and quite simple to create other pages for the "scrapbook" I will be doing. But man, this is gonna take me some time if this first layout is any indication.

BTW, I'm not fond of the word "plaque"; it resembles too closely "plague".

Some elements I made, some came from a freebie from Annie C Digitals and some from Kate Hadfield Designs.

The lady in yellow is 90 years old and enjoyed seeing her family name on the plaque.

I know I need the Shadows Workshop.

Layout for Plaque Day 1_600.jpg

• Love 7

42 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

OK, so I started with an idea (a bit of a scraplift). When I wasn't satisfied with what I was getting, i switched to something more traditional and used the white, blue, green that are colours associated with the group who sponsor the plaque project. I need something clean and quite simple to create other pages for the "scrapbook" I will be doing. But man, this is gonna take me some time if this first layout is any indication.

Some elements I made, some came from a freebie from Annie C Digitals and some from Kate Hadfield Designs.

The lady in yellow is 90 years old and enjoyed seeing her family name on the plaque.

The layout is simple and lovely, Julie. I love the details you added, such as the tags with the staples and the squares overlay behind the photo.

Now that you've decided on the color and type of layout, it will be less difficult to create the others. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Michele said:

AWESOME!  It's better than I could have imagined!  Great job and a big THANK YOU for all your work and your continued collecting of the Whole-y Font (PS...it's a religion, but I spelled it different so as to not step on any other religious toes) (PS2  'Whole-y' as in ALL the fonts in the world).  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Is the day called "Heritage Plaque Day".  I know what you mean by Plaque...but I think of teeth and the dentist and that weird candy looking drop we got as kids that colored our teeth to show us where the plaque was.  could you call it, "Unveiling our Heritage"? ...  or something to that effect.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

This is beautiful.  Yes, it takes some time to do the project well.  It actually took me 2 years to finish my Alphabet Soup album. So just stick with it.  You  have lovely ideas that come through in your layouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

The layout is simple and lovely, Julie. I love the details you added, such as the tags with the staples and the squares overlay behind the photo.

Now that you've decided on the color and type of layout, it will be less difficult to create the others. 🙂 

I see that you've changed your profile pic, Cristina. That's a good one!!!! 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Is the day called "Heritage Plaque Day".  I know what you mean by Plaque...but I think of teeth and the dentist and that weird candy looking drop we got as kids that colored our teeth to show us where the plaque was.  could you call it, "Unveiling our Heritage"? ...  or something to that effect.

They refer to it as "plaquing". I try to use unveiling, but I don't even like that much. There doesn't seem to be a catchier or more pleasant sounding way to describe it. As you say, the word has the yucky meaning of stuff stuck on our teeth which the hygienist has to scrape off. 😬

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • WOW 1

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

This is beautiful.  Yes, it takes some time to do the project well.  It actually took me 2 years to finish my Alphabet Soup album. So just stick with it.  You  have lovely ideas that come through in your layouts.

Wow, knowing how long you worked on your album is reassuring. It might not take me that long (not as many pages), but I will be diligent.

• Like 1

Here's my Certificate.  No more hiding behind my monitor...I'm a proud font-a-holic!  

Now Michele....it's time for the Movie poster.  the challenge is on.

"Font A Haul -ICS"

***A Heist Movie*** 

Stolen Fonts!  Text Take-downs!  Nefarious Non-Font-ers!  

Starring:

• The "Prez" (aka: Michele F)
  • The "Moderator" (aka: Carole)
  • The "Editor" (aka: Ann S)
  • The "Scriptor" (aka: Corrie K) 
  • The "Red Shirt" (aka: random dude that doesn't make it to the end....yet to be cast) (Red Shirt = Star Trek reference)

With Appearances from Celebrity Fonts such as: 

• Helvetica
  • Arial
  • Calibri
  • Verdana
  • and many more!

Font-a-holics Certificate-Michele600.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Here's my Certificate.  No more hiding behind my monitor...I'm a proud font-a-holic!  

"Font A Haul -ICS"

***A Heist Movie*** 

Starring:

• The "Red Shirt" (aka: random dude that doesn't make it to the end....yet to be cast) (Red Shirt = Star Trek reference)

• Helvetica
  • Arial
  • Calibri
  • Verdana
  • and many more!

You are a riot and I can't stop laughing. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/8/2024 at 7:42 AM, Susan Ewart said:

There is almost as many masterclasses as there are Labs.  At this rate I think it will take me another 2-3 yrs to do the labs and then I'll start the master classes....that'll be another 3-4 yrs.  I need to retire so I have more time.

Susan I'm retired and I can tell you that it didn't gave me more time as such! Somehow my time always fills with so many things to do and this don't include housekeeping.

• Like 3
  • WOW 1

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

"Font A Haul -ICS"

***A Heist Movie*** 

Starring:

• Helvetica
  • Arial
  • Calibri
  • Verdana
  • and many more!

What a great cast of characters for the film! Good thinking Susan.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan I'm retired and I can tell you that it didn't gave me more time as such! Somehow my time always fills with so many things to do and this don't include housekeeping.

Oh man, I was pinning my hopes on all this time opening up for me.  Guess I better get better at managing it now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Julie a lovely page and I can tell you from experience that the start of such a project takes most time. When you have decided what the overall look and the colors will be it still takes time to get it to the standard you want but it nevertheless will be quicker to make.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

"Font A Haul -ICS"

***A Heist Movie*** 

Starring:

• Helvetica
  • Arial
  • Calibri
  • Verdana
  • and many more!

I want to be a charter member!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1