Shadow Workshop 2024

Cassel

Final day of individual feedback.

@Carolyn Rye Good cast shadow. And yes, with practice, it will become easier.

@EukaGreat result. In the future, when you want to apply these techniques, even if they are not perfect to start, at least, it will make you "think" about the effects.

@MicheleThat is a very clever way to address the issue of the light on the head of the pin. See how knowing the program led you to a creative solution! And 14 out of 15 is not bad at all!

@Sheila Hogg Adding text to the paper just gives it more realism! And the shadow is good too. And yay on the quiz!

@Daniel Hess 13 out of 15 is still over 85% so that is good. If you remember 85% of the whole workshop, I would say you learned quite a bit, don't you think?

@Anja Pelzer Sorry about the translation for the quiz. As good as translators can be, with technical terms, it can sometimes be off.

@MoniqueN. Make sure you take notes because the videos will only be available until the end of the week (except for DIAMOND members)

@Rene Marker I am glad to hear that you learned something from this workshop. Since you are a seasoned scrapbooker, I am sure some of the tips were already familiar. Good on your mark. 🏆

@Gerry Landreth Although I didn't expect participants to use a cast shadow in a photo composition, the same approach would work and the shadows would be similarly "blurred". That is a good exercise.

@Mary Solaas You can take all the time you want to "think" about those shadows. Post your projects when you want.

And this time, I admit that I made the quiz a bit more "challenging". The goal was not to stump you, but just to make you think. Sorry for the #15 that might have been less "obvious" but as long as it makes you think about the direction, blur, size, opacity, and shape of the shadows, I would say that this workshop was a success. I know some lessons have been challenging, and I hope it won't scare you from using different shadows. Come back to your exercise files (you keep a layered version, right?) and of course, I will always be there to answer your questions if you have some.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

@Cassel That composite was in a long-overlooked folder. I initially created it to help my mom, who was in early dementia, visualize the trees before they were planted. I never added shadows to it, so this was a good opportunity to experiment. It also gave me a chance to practice sky replacement.

Thanks for another great workshop. I always learn something new.

• Like 4

I had trouble with the clusters tutorial and needed to have more time to digest it. Sheila's practice of labelling each layer in the cluster sounded worthwhile. I rejoined, albeit late,  (busy bank holiday weekend!) for the cast shadow.  I did wonder at the time about the highlight on the pin head and thought if the head was a large sphere, it probably would catch the light in that position so it didn't look bad to me. 

I didn't see a link to a quiz so not sure what your results were about. 

Thank you again Carole for your ideas and tuition and thank you participants for all the useful suggestions.

PinCastShadow.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

I had trouble with the clusters tutorial and needed to have more time to digest it. Sheila's practice of labelling each layer in the cluster sounded worthwhile. I rejoined, albeit late,  (busy bank holiday weekend!) for the cast shadow.  I did wonder at the time about the highlight on the pin head and thought if the head was a large sphere, it probably would catch the light in that position so it didn't look bad to me. 

I didn't see a link to a quiz so not sure what your results were about. 

Thank you again Carole for your ideas and tuition and thank you participants for all the useful suggestions.

PinCastShadow.jpg

my quiz link came in an email like the lessons emails came.  Maybe check your spam in case it went there instead.  

• Like 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic