July SONG Title Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Song-Challenge.jpg

Once a week, there is a radio show that has been on for many years. It is called Vinyl Tap. It is 2 hours of songs that are picked around a particular theme. Sometimes, it has to do with a word, sometimes, a topic, sometimes it is another particularity (like "unlikely duets").

With the fall months coming, use a title or lyrics of a song that has a SUN or SUNSHINE in the title. Examples of songs include "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles and "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

Are you up to the challenge?

• Like 1

I have a nice photo of a sunset over a lake and found a song that goes with it with the word Sun in the title and the lyrics. We had another rainy Sunday, so no problem to spend some time at the pc. Because I wanted to concentrate on the sunset in the photo I used a rectangular mask (by Jessica Dunn). I used 3 different papers with blendmodes until I got something that I liked and that somewhat matched the colors in my photo. I used a journalcard but changed the top deco and in honor of todays masterclass made a rope frame. The drawing of the boat comes from Jessica Dunn as well. Fonts are Alustia for the title and Bremlin for the text of the lyrics.

Song Challenge-600.jpg

• Love 10

25 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I found this song from Jonny Cash - you are my Sunshine

I created the background in Bing with the prompt from the song, it comes out great,

lyrics found in internet, fonts are Hellena Script and Handwriting

large.song-sunshine-jonnycash-anja01.jpg.d2fb124ef0b4a361940e1da87fb1f192.jpg

Love this! I sang this song to my daughter and granddaughter when they were babies. ❤️🎵❤️

• Love 3

• Cassel pinned this topic
On 7/7/2024 at 6:26 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have a nice photo of a sunset over a lake and found a song that goes with it with the word Sun in the title and the lyrics. We had another rainy Sunday, so no problem to spend some time at the pc. Because I wanted to concentrate on the sunset in the photo I used a rectangular mask (by Jessica Dunn). I used 3 different papers with blendmodes until I got something that I liked and that somewhat matched the colors in my photo. I used a journalcard but changed the top deco and in honor of todays masterclass made a rope frame. The drawing of the boat comes from Jessica Dunn as well. Fonts are Alustia for the title and Bremlin for the text of the lyrics.

Song Challenge-600.jpg

Great background paper blending! Works perfectly with your image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoy these song challenges. So many to choose from that inspire different ideas for the layout. Then I don't have to worry about a shortage of my own pix.

The pic of Bob Marley is from online, maybe Pixabay. I made the reggae colours with a small canvas with three colours, blurred the results, and and then masked it for a messy background splash. Then added text on a torn piece of paper. Film mask from Katie Pertiet. Font at bottom is 1942 Report. Some background elements thrown in too.

2024 Jul song challenge Marley_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I found this song from Jonny Cash - you are my Sunshine

I created the background in Bing with the prompt from the song, it comes out great,

lyrics found in internet, fonts are Hellena Script and Handwriting

large.song-sunshine-jonnycash-anja01.jpg.d2fb124ef0b4a361940e1da87fb1f192.jpg

Very nice background! Did you use Copilot in Bing? You must have given a very good prompt to get this result. I'll think I have to give it a try......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I really enjoy these song challenges. So many to choose from that inspire different ideas for the layout. Then I don't have to worry about a shortage of my own pix.

The pic of Bob Marley is from online, maybe Pixabay. I made the reggae colours with a small canvas with three colours, blurred the results, and and then masked it for a messy background splash. Then added text on a torn piece of paper. Film mask from Katie Pertiet. Font at bottom is 1942 Report. Some background elements thrown in too.

2024 Jul song challenge Marley_600.jpg

Julie very nice and as always it is in your style!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Very nice background! Did you use Copilot in Bing? You must have given a very good prompt to get this result. I'll think I have to give it a try......

yes I did, here is the prompt - - You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are gray You'll never know dear, how much I love you Please don't take my sunshine away neo-impressionism expressionist style oil painting, smooth post-impressionist impasto acrylic painting, thick layers of colourful textured paint --   there are 4 pictures , this is one of them.

_99439492-ae13-4158-945f-5ecbb108c0be.jpeg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Anja Pelzer said:

yes I did, here is the prompt - - You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are gray You'll never know dear, how much I love you Please don't take my sunshine away neo-impressionism expressionist style oil painting, smooth post-impressionist impasto acrylic painting, thick layers of colourful textured paint --   there are 4 pictures , this is one of them.

Anja, I tried it using your prompt and chose this one -- weee! This is fun!

_00489ed8-0683-42ee-bb9f-db6bcd94ad90_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

try this one - Optic Illusione in stone, Pietra Dura Technique,You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are gray You'll never know dear, how much I love you Please don't take my sunshine away neo-impressionism expressionist style oil painting, smooth post-impressionist impasto acrylic painted stones, thick layers of colourful textured stones and rocks- 

_0b62e12c-5fbe-4831-b03a-bdc435ae0a0e.jpeg

_5666bc8f-c8fc-4880-8669-7c18e6b371ef.jpeg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Anja Pelzer said:

try this one - Optic Illusione in stone, Pietra Dura Technique,You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are gray You'll never know dear, how much I love you Please don't take my sunshine away neo-impressionism expressionist style oil painting, smooth post-impressionist impasto acrylic painted stones, thick layers of colourful textured stones and rocks- 

_0b62e12c-5fbe-4831-b03a-bdc435ae0a0e.jpeg

_5666bc8f-c8fc-4880-8669-7c18e6b371ef.jpeg

Wow, this is great.  What is Copilot?  I know what Bing is.  How do you get to it.

• Love 1

Song Challenge July 2024

Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.

Fonts are arial(s).  I used a texture(woven basket) on the desaturated green photo mat and around the whole layout (with an inner bevel).  A gradient on the background and then sunburst effect (whew, that was a hard one to figure out) which added a brighter "sun spot" and some rays a bokeh or two, and also desaturated.  The rays might not show up in the small image.  I'll post on FB later.  This is not a great shot.  It was not long after we moved here and it was downpouring with rain and sunny at the same time.  It's always bizarre to see that.  That is my neighbours house, I was shooting out a window.  

Oh, and I wanted all the shadows to mimic the gradient sun and the sun in the photo, that was a real headscratcher for me. So please let me know where I might've gone wrong with the shadows on the frames, text etc.  

Song Challenge July 2024 -Black Hole Sun-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 7

This took me hours to do (with lots of breaks and blank stares). I tried a bunch of things including masks, but I just didn't have it in me. Being sick has given me brain fog in addition to exhaustion, and the oppressive heat isn't helping. The little girl and the sunflower are from CF. The fonts are akaDylan Plain and Alegreya SC Black. 

It's weird how the orange rectangles look uneven when sized down to 600.

Neil Diamond wrote the song, Sunflower. Glen Campbell released it in 1977, but Neil didn't release it until 2018. 

large.Sunflower0205600.jpg.0934c4c99d95caba9cb7b331ef4f86e4.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Love 7

20 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

Impressive!

• Love 1