July ALL ABOUT ME Challenge (2024) - School

Cassel

1 hour ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I have no photos from my first school, so I generated a Bing -  Background and 2 Bing Layouts and put them together, the books are from CF, and Font is Archistico

large.all-about-me-school-anja1.jpg.9a5def362de746509d3eab55303a1f8b.jpg

Amazing what Bing can do and you certainly can give a good prompt! I think, for me personally, I will not be using this feature very much and I will doing things the "old fashioned way".

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here's my "School Daze" featuring the Washington Elementary School that was located directly across the street from my childhood home, which is also pictured on the lower right. Here is a photo of the school in the cass-schoolframe2. I used an old kit called SNU-BuckleMyShoe for most of the embellishments. The photo of downtown Rutherford, top left, has some cass-freebie photo corners. The fonts used are Copperplate Gothic Light and Bell MT. I used the curved photo script on the Classmates photo. Can you ID me in it? 

JULY 2024-ALL ABOUT ME - SCHOOL - RUTHERFORD ELEMENTARY_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

Phil and I visited our local butterfly house which had many beautiful butterflies. However, in this project I just featured, in my opinion, the most beautiful of all--the Monarch. I followed Lab 7, no.2, for the grunge texture. All of the pictures are mine taken at the Butterfly house. The bridge was made into a watercolor using the cass watercolor script. All the masks for the butterflies are mine. The fonts are from CF--Capella for the text and the single letter is Butterfly Logos.

I forgot who mentioned Lab 7, but thank you.

dsgrungewbutterflies.jpg

It was Susan Ewart who mentioned Lab 7-2. I also went to it and watched the videos. Some great techniques to use, as you did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my "School Daze" featuring the Washington Elementary School that was located directly across the street from my childhood home, which is also pictured on the lower right. Here is a photo of the school in the cass-schoolframe2. I used an old kit called SNU-BuckleMyShoe for most of the embellishments. The photo of downtown Rutherford, top left, has some cass-freebie photo corners. The fonts used are Copperplate Gothic Light and Bell MT. I used the curved photo script on the Classmates photo. Can you ID me in it? 

JULY 2024-ALL ABOUT ME - SCHOOL - RUTHERFORD ELEMENTARY_600.jpg

Love the layout and the details you included. And you got the lifted corner in there too!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Amazing what Bing can do and you certainly can give a good prompt! I think, for me personally, I will not be using this feature very much and I will doing things the "old fashioned way".

Me too, I'm old, so "old" fashioned is the way to go.   I don't want to rely on AI as I would feel like describing art would not really be my own work or vision.  Like when I was a young child and used to ask my mom to draw horses for me.  That's more like an art director hiring an artist, the art director may own the work, but the artist still retains the copyright (how does an AI retain a copyright anyway 😁).  Still, there is a place for AI to streamline workflow, without creating the work for us.  This is just what I think for me and how I want to move forward creatively.  I'm totally loving what others create with AI's and love to see what they doing with it.  

• Like 3

On 7/14/2024 at 10:01 PM, Michele said:

I'm trying to make myself do something every day. Here's today's try. Can you guess what year I graduated?

large.AllAboutMeSchool600.jpg.8f7db8eb6d6a58e7a18997b918196837.jpg

I'll guess, even tho I have not read all of the posts yet. 

1973! My first impulse was the year I graduated, cause I know there was a stoner on every bus I was on 😉  But the photo looks a few years earlier than mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Me too, I'm old, so "old" fashioned is the way to go.   I don't want to rely on AI as I would feel like describing art would not really be my own work or vision.  Like when I was a young child and used to ask my mom to draw horses for me.  That's more like an art director hiring an artist, the art director may own the work, but the artist still retains the copyright (how does an AI retain a copyright anyway 😁).  Still, there is a place for AI to streamline workflow, without creating the work for us.  This is just what I think for me and how I want to move forward creatively.  I'm totally loving what others create with AI's and love to see what they doing with it.  

I was in one of my book/author groups on Facebook and one member had asked AI to create a portrait for the main character using descriptions from the books. Their attempt was fair so I decided to try. It was rather interesting as I had all the books in my Kindle collection so I could copy/paste descriptions directly from the author. The portrait AI created for me was quite popular in the group so I might even try it again some time. If anyone is familiar with the character Lucas Davenport from John Sandford's "Prey" series, here's the Bing Copilot DalE-3 version. (the scar is too prominent but otherwise the wolverine smile and sparkling eyes are right on)

450305914_10161964417598824_1134969922326197083_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I feel the same way. I'd rather do my own work, even if it isn't dazzling the way AI can do it. But I also enjoy seeing the creations others are doing.

• Like 3

I sometimes use AI, mostly when I can't make something myself or do not have a adequate picture. However, I had to try Copilot after the discussion here taking my inspiration from Ann. I have a favorite book series by Dorothy Dunnet featuring Francis of Lymond, who is a 16th century courtier, "a musician, a poet, a mathematician and one of the best fighting men of his age. He’s an adventurer, gracious, handsome, very light blonde and lethal." After entering this description, I am posting the picture that was made.😂

Francis of Lymond.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Linda J Walker said:

I'll guess, even tho I have not read all of the posts yet. 

1973! My first impulse was the year I graduated, cause I know there was a stoner on every bus I was on 😉  But the photo looks a few years earlier than mine.

Close, but no cigar.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I was in one of my book/author groups on Facebook and one member had asked AI to create a portrait for the main character using descriptions from the books. Their attempt was fair so I decided to try. It was rather interesting as I had all the books in my Kindle collection so I could copy/paste descriptions directly from the author. The portrait AI created for me was quite popular in the group so I might even try it again some time. If anyone is familiar with the character Lucas Davenport from John Sandford's "Prey" series, here's the Bing Copilot DalE-3 version. (the scar is too prominent but otherwise the wolverine smile and sparkling eyes are right on)

450305914_10161964417598824_1134969922326197083_n.jpg

I know you are a woman with a grand command of words, so I know your AI creations will knock my socks off.  This guy is gorgeous!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I sometimes use AI, mostly when I can't make something myself or do not have a adequate picture. However, I had to try Copilot after the discussion here taking my inspiration from Ann. I have a favorite book series by Dorothy Dunnet featuring Francis of Lymond, who is a 16th century courtier, "a musician, a poet, a mathematician and one of the best fighting men of his age. He’s an adventurer, gracious, handsome, very light blonde and lethal." After entering this description, I am posting the picture that was made.😂

Francis of Lymond.jpg

Oh, my goodness, he is GORGEOUS! (But not my type, actually, as I go for a darker mien... 😉 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Yeah, I know! He pulls all my "bad boy" hormones out for a refresher! It's one of the reasons I love the book series.

Ann! you animal!  hahahahaha.  I might have to invest in this book series.  BTW, turns out I had a kindle account (for my desktop because I dont have a kindle) and forgot to download it onto my PC.  I bought Carole's book on kindle too. 

14 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I married a blonde, but Henry Cavill is my ideal man.

Oh, me too...Especially as the Witcher!  Yup, he can park his slippers under my bed anytime.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1