What are you working on (in July 2024)?

Cassel

Lab 12 Mod 12.  Finally finished with Lab 12. Will I ever catch up????? 

Title - Winter: Aryadata; Joys: Arial Black; Requirements: Christmas Stocking; folded tree; bottle brush trees. The snowman is by Rachel Martin (PS); the rope is by Cass; the clothes pins are by Brooke Gazarek (PS). I've had fun with the embossed paper and have made several of them with different elements. I've also made several different brads - some with Cass-brad factory and I believe these were from that script.

Lab 12 Mod 12_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I wanted a wee break from StoryTime. Thinking of what to say in journal form is trying my grey matter too much. So I was looking at old pix and came across this one of my mother, taken oh so many moons ago! She's been gone from my life for such a long time, I look at her photos to remind me.

This layout has so many brushes and elements, I couldn't begin to list them. I just played and played until I liked what I got. It's based on a scraplift I took from Lilypad.

It's my last "what are you working on" for July. Hello August! Christmas will be here in no time, and I bet Sue T is all prepared by now!

Looking Back old photo_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

12 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Title - Winter: Aryadata; Joys: Arial Black; Requirements: Christmas Stocking; folded tree; bottle brush trees. The snowman is by Rachel Martin (PS); the rope is by Cass; the clothes pins are by Brooke Gazarek (PS). I've had fun with the embossed paper and have made several of them with different elements. I've also made several different brads - some with Cass-brad factory and I believe these were from that script.

Lab 12 Mod 12_600.jpg

Mary, we have to give you the Lab Queen crown for sure! You are so diligent and persistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

No. It was just a post on FB...in her group. I asked if she needed any more and she did not respond.

I tried to get one too but never got an answer, a pity because I liked them and would have loved to do one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

I wanted a wee break from StoryTime. Thinking of what to say in journal form is trying my grey matter too much. So I was looking at old pix and came across this one of my mother, taken oh so many moons ago! She's been gone from my life for such a long time, I look at her photos to remind me.

This layout has so many brushes and elements, I couldn't begin to list them. I just played and played until I liked what I got. It's based on a scraplift I took from Lilypad.

It's my last "what are you working on" for July. Hello August! Christmas will be here in no time, and I bet Sue T is all prepared by now!

Julie this is superb and a lovely tribute to your mother! Btw I think Sue is almost ready for X-mas if she isn't out kayaking, riding and shooting photos that is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I tried to get one too but never got an answer, a pity because I liked them and would have loved to do one.

Me too! I joined her FB page to see what the excitement was about. Nice alphas to work with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I love your style so much.  I know what you mean, having to look at photos to remind you.  I wish I had taped my parents voice, I don't remember the voices anymore.  Makes me sad.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Mary, if anyone is going to catch up with the Lab tutorials, it will be you!

Whenever you post the lab's layouts, you encourage many of us to follow your steps and continue working on the lessons. For me, it's a way to learn or review the different techniques.

Great work!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I absolutely adore this page, Julie. And I'm also straining my grey matter coming up with anecdotes for the StoryTime workshop.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I love your style so much.  I know what you mean, having to look at photos to remind you.  I wish I had taped my parents voice, I don't remember the voices anymore.  Makes me sad.

I have one tape from my dad talking with my son who stayed with them when he was about 4 years old. It s a little bit unnerving when I listen to dad's voice because it isn't what I seem to remember. People from Rotterdam have a distinctive way of speaking and I always thought that my parents had no accent; I clearly was wrong! I left Rotterdam almost 23 years ago, of course I went there often to visit and the city always feels like home to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have one tape from my dad talking with my son who stayed with them when he was about 4 years old. It s a little bit unnerving when I listen to dad's voice because it isn't what I seem to remember. People from Rotterdam have a distinctive way of speaking and I always thought that my parents had no accent; I clearly was wrong! I left Rotterdam almost 23 years ago, of course I went there often to visit and the city always feels like home to me.

I grew up with a girl who's mom was from the Netherlands (not exactly sure - my memory isn't what it used to be, or maybe it never was😄) and she thought her didn't have an accent.  Her mom had a strong accent, yet clearly understandable to us.  I think I might find it unnerving if I did hear my parents voices...would I even know if someone played the voices to me without telling who it is.  Thank goodness for photos, they are my memory's storage system.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I got such a big lump in my throat when I read your comment. I'd forgotten how long it is since I'd heard my parents' voices. And how much I wish I had them taped somewhere to listen  to. Younger generations will have those things to remind them since they video everything.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I have been experimenting using the elementstacker script. I made my letters on vector and then converted them raster. The letters had a layer style added. When I used the script the layer style was not included, so I merged all to flatten, then copied and pasted them on a new layer with no background. The script then used the layer style. 

Also since the font had parts of letters that did not touch, I ended up with all the pieces of the letters which I then merged the pieces for each letter. I have saved everything vectors, rasters,  etc so that I could use the vectors to change colors.

I hope to continue with other fonts in order to be able to use on my projects.

individualletters.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I have been experimenting using the elementstacker script. I made my letters on vector and then converted them raster. The letters had a layer style added. When I used the script the layer style was not included, so I merged all to flatten, then copied and pasted them on a new layer with no background. The script then used the layer style. 

Also since the font had parts of letters that did not touch, I ended up with all the pieces of the letters which I then merged the pieces for each letter. I have saved everything vectors, rasters,  etc so that I could use the vectors to change colors.

individualletters.jpg

Very ingenious and I like what I see!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

individualletters.jpg

I love this and would never have thought of any of it.  Great job and it's a really cool font.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 7:54 AM, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, I love this shabby chic look about your page. Your mother looks so elegant, I can tell by how upright she sits, and the crossing of her legs at the ankles.  I tend to choose neutral shades for my layouts and I love those colours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 9:54 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, I agree with everyone else's comments. This is gorgeous!

I could mention the brushwork, the colors, and so on... But I'd have to list everything. You were really inspired! 

Quoting Susan, I love your style too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

individualletters.jpg

Wow, Donna, very nice Alpha! The font is very interesting and yields a wonderful result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.202468TheJTeamTemplate244delady22600.jpg.a151afa2ae17d751f839d7e85e915f6d.jpg

Template 244 by Lady 22. Just two of my pickleball buds doing what they love. Word art from Creative Fabrica.

Bonnie, you are creating beautiful memories for yourself and everybody who plays with you. I am sure you have plenty of layouts for a photo book, or maybe more than one 😉.

It's so nice to go through the old layouts from when I started here at the Campus. We all are creating Memories with Carole's help!

• Like 2