What are you working on (in July 2024)?

Cassel

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Love is in the Air. Pink title is Billgates with layer styles: Emboss; green title is Arial with 3D Effects: inner bevel; background paper I made from a tile I developed from a CF item that I worked with; the 2 flower items in the bottom corners are a watercolor from CF.  The silhoutte  I got from someplace several years ago and they are in a flower frame which was a Cassel freebie several years ago. The exploded hearts cutout was the requirement for Lab 12 Mod 9.  I also did one of dolphins but haven't used it in a layout and I may practice this on some other cutouts later. Seashells didn't work so that is why the dolphins - i used layer styles on them -  inner bevel.

Lab 12 Mod 9_600.jpg

MLS Exploded dolphins.jpg

Your progress through the Labs is inspiring to see. Love these cutouts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Love is in the Air. Pink title is Billgates with layer styles: Emboss; green title is Arial with 3D Effects: inner bevel; background paper I made from a tile I developed from a CF item that I worked with; the 2 flower items in the bottom corners are a watercolor from CF.  The silhoutte  I got from someplace several years ago and they are in a flower frame which was a Cassel freebie several years ago. The exploded hearts cutout was the requirement for Lab 12 Mod 9.  I also did one of dolphins but haven't used it in a layout and I may practice this on some other cutouts later. Seashells didn't work so that is why the dolphins - i used layer styles on them -  inner bevel.

Lab 12 Mod 9_600.jpg

MLS Exploded dolphins.jpg

Mary I love your dedication to the labs and tutorials. I just do them more haphazardly and when I need something for a particular layout I have in mind. Or one that takes my fancy😘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, I haven't had a lot of PSP or pickleball time lately. Lots of work in the garden...and now, the yard needs attention. It will wait....tomorrow is pickleball, picnic and table games.

large.2020818TranquilityTemplate242delady22600.jpg.456f798a922996cf6331a26689ae85f1.jpg

Clusters and background paper by Jessica Dunn, Into The Woods, at Digital Scrapbooking. Template 242 by Lady 22.

Edited by Bonnie Ballentine
  • Love 8

• Cassel pinned this topic

Lab 7-3

• Pattern Paper
  • Metallic Element2
  • Fabric Tag

As it turns out I used the same pattern as Carole used in the tutorial, only because my P52 challenge is playing cards so I ran with that theme.

I loved the Pattern Paper and Metallic Element2 tutorials.  The Fabric Tag was also good but I did encounter a problem I couldn't overcome.  I couldn't get the eraser too to un-erase.  I followed the video and used the written instructions, but it just would not erase and I'm not sure why.  I really wanted the fringe part so I made the background of the fabric available for a pattern fill, and use the brush tool with the same settings and added the fringe on each side.  I have them as separate layers (fringe below the fabric layer) so I could slightly change the saturation of the fringe and add a bit of noise and the tiniest of bevel.  I merged the layers so i could add a drop shadow.  I used the Custom Playing Card script and the Lifted photo script. Font from Creative Fabrica.  

LAB 7-3 Playing Cards layout Merg600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Lab 7-3

here is an alternate version.  I took the gradient background and duplicated it then moved it to almost the top and added a blend mode.  I like what it did to the metallic elements.  they really look metallic now.  I still wanted some color so I selected the "red" diamonds from the background layer and promoted them to a new layer and brought them above the blend mode layer and lowered the opacity of them (they were red already). I also brought another duplicate of the background gradient above the playing card group and made a mask of the gradient (New Mask Layer > Show All) and used black to block the layers below that have the blend mode so the middle of the cards would retain their original colorful-ness.  

LAB 7-3 Playing Cards layout -AltVersionMerg-600.jpg

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 7-3

• Pattern Paper
  • Metallic Element2
  • Fabric Tag

As it turns out I used the same pattern as Carole used in the tutorial, only because my P52 challenge is playing cards so I ran with that theme.

I loved the Pattern Paper and Metallic Element2 tutorials.  The Fabric Tag was also good but I did encounter a problem I couldn't overcome.  I couldn't get the eraser too to un-erase.  I followed the video and used the written instructions, but it just would not erase and I'm not sure why.  I really wanted the fringe part so I made the background of the fabric available for a pattern fill, and use the brush tool with the same settings and added the fringe on each side.  I have them as separate layers (fringe below the fabric layer) so I could slightly change the saturation of the fringe and add a bit of noise and the tiniest of bevel.  I merged the layers so i could add a drop shadow.  I used the Custom Playing Card script and the Lifted photo script. Font from Creative Fabrica.  

LAB 7-3 Playing Cards layout Merg600.jpg

This is gorgeous! You did such a nice job on the metallic elements! I like both versions of them.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 7-3

here is an alternate version.  I took the gradient background and duplicated it then moved it to almost the top and added a blend mode.  I like what it did to the metallic elements.  they really look metallic now.  I still wanted some color so I selected the "red" diamonds from the background layer and promoted them to a new layer and brought them above the blend mode layer and lowered the opacity of them (they were red already). I also brought another duplicate of the background gradient above the playing card group and made a mask of the gradient (New Mask Layer > Show All) and used black to block the layers below that have the blend mode so the middle of the cards would retain their original colorful-ness.  

LAB 7-3 Playing Cards layout -AltVersionMerg-600.jpg

You did a fantastic job but I like this version better. The cards are a bit darker and look more used than in the first version where they are rather white. The metallic elements look great!