Vector Workshop 2024

Cassel

12 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Pssttttttt..... I have a template for Canada with the individual provinces on it. It is still available at The Lily Pad. The designer also did one for the US and I used it for a layout I did in April documenting every state I have visited in the first 68 years of my life. Since I can now start working on my travel dreams, I will continue to fill it in the next few years.

I'll check that out, thank you.  

• Like 1

@Mary Solaas @Corrie Kinkel

You can get the pspshape file here: http://www.toroscope.com/files/USA-MAP.zip. I warn you...it wasn't done as elegantly as it could have been...if you load it up and look at the vectors there are ALOT of objects throughout the thing and I wasn't completely methodical i.e. start in upper left and work all the way across then down some and again etc.  I kind of jumped around until I had all the borders.  PS...remember Carole's lesson on file types regarding this...just unzip and put the pspshape file into documents/CorelPSP/Preset Shapes folder.

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

You can get the pspshape file here: http://www.toroscope.com/files/USA-MAP.zip. I warn you...it wasn't done as elegantly as it could have been...if you load it up and look at the vectors there are ALOT of objects throughout the thing and I wasn't completely methodical i.e. start in upper left and work all the way across then down some and again etc.  I kind of jumped around until I had all the borders.  PS...remember Carole's lesson on file types regarding this...just unzip and put the pspshape file into documents/CorelPSP/Preset Shapes folder.

@Daniel Hess When I clicked on your link, this is what I got...

Screenshot_1-7-2024_8328_www.toroscope.com.jpeg

@Ann Seeber @Mary Solaas @Corrie Kinkel OK.  Need to lose the period that ended up in the link at the end.  Let me try again.

http://www.toroscope.com/files/USA-MAP.zip 

Better to copy and paste the link in the address bar.  When I tried on my reply, it gave me something about unsecure download.  Should work fine just typing it in or pasting it.  OR BEST...right click then "Save link as" from this post.

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

@Ann Seeber @Mary Solaas @Corrie Kinkel OK.  Need to lose the period that ended up in the link at the end.  Let me try again.

Better to copy and paste the link in the address bar.  When I tried on my reply, it gave me something about unsecure download.  Should work fine just typing it in or pasting it.  OR BEST...right click then "Save link as" from this post.

Got it! Thank you. I did have to copy/paste as the link also gave me the "unsecure" flag. Thanks again, Daniel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Daniel thank you, I got it and by seeing how Ann did it, I just typed the link in the address bar. This way I didn't get a message about unsecure download and my anti virus software is usually very picky. Clearly there are many ways to do things.........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

@Daniel Hess I put the file in the Preset Shapes folder as you suggested but I don't see how to bring the shapes up. They don't show up in my PSP 2023 Preset Shapes. I can see the ones I put there from the class but not your map. Do you have a suggestion?

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2

@Ann Seeber Maybe search the "documents" folder for USA-MAP.PspShape and see where it landed.  Apparently NOT in the documents/Corel Paintshop Pro/2023/Preset Shapes folder.  ???  I don't have 2023...I didn't see anything that tripped my trigger better than 2022 but am ANXIOUSLY awaiting to see what 2024 is going to bring.  I figure the best of 2023 will also be included in that.  Punctuation is KEY in the file names and folder names...you miss one capital letter and it will give you nothing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

@Ann Seeber Maybe search the "documents" folder for USA-MAP.PspShape and see where it landed.  Apparently NOT in the documents/Corel Paintshop Pro/2023/Preset Shapes folder.  ???  I don't have 2023...I didn't see anything that tripped my trigger better than 2022 but am ANXIOUSLY awaiting to see what 2024 is going to bring.  I figure the best of 2023 will also be included in that.  Punctuation is KEY in the file names and folder names...you miss one capital letter and it will give you nothing.

@Daniel Hess It is there in my PSP2023 Preset Shapes folder. If it might not work in 2023 I can move it to 2022 ... I think I'll try that.

OK, that worked! Thanks Daniel.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Thank you for sharing your hard work Daniel, I got it too.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I like your version better, nicer design, especially the wing and tail and chest area.  

Thank you, Susan,

I forgot to add that I used Filter Forge for the tail feathers and the chest area. I also used a FF cartoon effect to make the tail feathers less realistic. I had so much fun that I have others from this CF download called littlest pet shop.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

@Daniel Hess thank you.

• Like 1

Okay, just finished with all the videos. Mind blown! My head is full of ideas but I can't practice yet so I have on a 😞. I think I will have to take this class another three times before I can call it good (no, I can't afford Diamond Membership at this time as I am on disability). The good news is that my home sold and I picture a day when I will be able to take time to work on things again.

• Love 5

1 minute ago, Cindy Sheets said:

Okay, just finished with all the videos. Mind blown! My head is full of ideas but I can't practice yet so I have on a 😞. I think I will have to take this class another three times before I can call it good (no, I can't afford Diamond Membership at this time as I am on disability). The good news is that my home sold and I picture a day when I will be able to take time to work on things again.

Cindy, I plan on doing the same, I want to join the Diamond Membership, and I am on a single income and bills get too high! However, I hope to do a monthly membership every so often when I can, because I think it is well worth the money.

• Love 3

51 minutes ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Cindy, I plan on doing the same, I want to join the Diamond Membership, and I am on a single income and bills get too high! However, I hope to do a monthly membership every so often when I can, because I think it is well worth the money.

I started by buying one month at a time.  It is insane the cost of living now.  I've certainly changed my spending habits in the last several years.  Retirement is on the horizon and how to make ends meet when that time comes is more on my mind now than ever before.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I started by buying one month at a time.  It is insane the cost of living now.  I've certainly changed my spending habits in the last several years.  Retirement is on the horizon and how to make ends meet when that time comes is more on my mind now than ever before.  

Thank you, Susan, I am thinking of doing much the same. I believe the classes and tutorials are excellent, and I have learned so much in a short time. I downloaded a few tutorials and started doing the Labs and I need to go back and do more of that hands-on work. I plan on continuing the workshops Carole opens up to us, there is even more learning with the extra help given to each participant, not just by Carole, but by everyone doing that same workshop, too.

• Love 3