Vector Workshop 2024

Cassel

On 6/25/2024 at 5:42 AM, Doska St. said:

Hello,

unfortunately, I can't make it to the workshop. I'm not feeling so well at the moment, and I have more challenges in my private life. And concentrating so hard on translating the video quickly tires me out. I'll continue doing it privately when I'm feeling better, without any time pressure. Because I'm very interested in these vectors handling. I hope these workshop threads won't be closed?

I have problems to but want to keep trying,  Couldnt keep up but  Wondering to how long they will be up?   

• Love 1

I have been otherwise occupied for a few days. Most of my deadlines come toward the end of the month which leaves me not much time (or energy) to work on much else. All clear now.

These shapes (with Vector Tubes) are from Lesson 6. They worked well for me, could even call them fun this time. I don't expect to be a Vector Expert in this lifetime, but it feels good to just be able to manage those #@*&# nodes better. (The green shape with the weird fringe is just for fun b/c I had a fringe tube in there.)

lesson 6 vector initial with chain.jpg

Lesson 6 vector tube blue white rope.jpg

Lesson 6 vector tube fringe.jpg

vector tube lesson 6 outline.jpg

• Love 7

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I have been otherwise occupied for a few days. Most of my deadlines come toward the end of the month which leaves me not much time (or energy) to work on much else. All clear now.

These shapes (with Vector Tubes) are from Lesson 6. They worked well for me, could even call them fun this time. I don't expect to be a Vector Expert in this lifetime, but it feels good to just be able to manage those #@*&# nodes better. (The green shape with the weird fringe is just for fun b/c I had a fringe tube in there.)

lesson 6 vector initial with chain.jpg

Lesson 6 vector tube blue white rope.jpg

Lesson 6 vector tube fringe.jpg

I'm glad you are starting to have fun with those #@*&# nodes! I love the fringe one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Still working on the workshop. Need to practice. This time I made the outline of the dinosaur, exported it as a shape, used it and changed it to a raster shape and painted it using the paintbrush with the lock tool and this is what I came up with.

MLS-Dinosaur-1.jpg

That's fabulous Mary!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

I'm now wondering what painting with paintbrush with "Lock" tool is all about.  Didn't see anything like that in the PSP help topics.

Hi Daniel - Carole explained that the Lock keeps the transparency and lets the "paint" focus on the object alone. Be sure to undo the lock. It can make problems further along... hth

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

I'm now wondering what painting with paintbrush with "Lock" tool is all about.  Didn't see anything like that in the PSP help topics.

me too.  I wonder if it locks the settings in no matter if you try and change them in the F11 Variance palette.

oops i just saw Ann answered it for you.  I was WAAAAAY off.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2

Lesson 7: A bit finicky working with those "star nodes" but I finally got it!

I think after I participate in the Vector Workshop maybe a dozen more times, I might get good at this!

In case it isn't obvious (ahem), that's a lightning bolt. I traced the shape from a clipart to make the vector/path. I have a very limited number of picture tubes so the bolt got stars.

Lesson 7 bolt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

I think that would be the Lock Transparency in the layers palette. When we lock the layer, we can colour it without going through the rigmarole I always did before Carole explained that tool. It is a time-saver!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Donna I see you have or found the VectorSpiral script! I like that script very much because it gives a unique effect if you use it with text or picture tubes even if you only use a part of it!

Corrie, it was so much fun playing with it. I should have used a smaller font on my husband's picture.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Daniel Hess Daniel, I am fascinated by your USA map.  I have used a jpg or png of the map with the states drawn on it and then drew on it the route of where our trip took us.  I would love to have a copy of your map with the state lines drawn in as a preset shape.  Possible???

Well I would like that lovely map as well because I have done a couple of short roadtrips with my family when I was visiting them. So far I always used Google maps to draw the routes we took, but your map with the states would be a great asset for which I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Well I would like that lovely map as well because I have done a couple of short roadtrips with my family when I was visiting them. So far I always used Google maps to draw the routes we took, but your map with the states would be a great asset for which I would be very grateful.

I think we would all love that, it must've taken some time and a lot of patience to make it so precise. Daniel, you did a superb job on it.  There is only one question left to ask.... Where's Canada? ...we NEED that too!😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I think we would all love that, it must've taken some time and a lot of patience to make it so precise. Daniel, you did a superb job on it.  There is only one question left to ask.... Where's Canada? ...we NEED that too!😁

Pssttttttt..... I have a template for Canada with the individual provinces on it. It is still available at The Lily Pad. The designer also did one for the US and I used it for a layout I did in April documenting every state I have visited in the first 68 years of my life. Since I can now start working on my travel dreams, I will continue to fill it in the next few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2