May FONT Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

Whenever you create a project, you will likely want to use some text. In this case, you might be looking for some interesting fonts to showcase titles or dates. This month, I am suggesting a font that indicates some thickness. Although it might look like a layered font, it is not, but you can easily "paint" the sides/center in different colors for a special effect.

You can get this free font HERE.

spacer.png

• Thanks 3

I started playing with this font and a freebee from C F  that was I think a coloring book page. (https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/funny-bird-chilling-in-the-pool-coloring/)   I had fun with it but it did take a while because I was just playing and kept changing things.

cartoon bird in pool .jpg from psp 6 b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Being the Campus' resident font-a-holic, it's killing me that my PSP isn't working. With any luck, it will be resolved sooner rather than later. It's slow working with Support by email. It takes several before they even understand the problem. Fingers crossed! 🤞

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

I started playing with this font and a freebee from C F  that was I think a coloring book page. (https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/funny-bird-chilling-in-the-pool-coloring/)   I had fun with it but it did take a while because I was just playing and kept changing things.

cartoon bird in pool .jpg from psp 6 b.jpg

Awesome Anne!

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Being the Campus' resident font-a-holic, it's killing me that my PSP isn't working. With any luck, it will be resolved sooner rather than later. It's slow working with Support by email. It takes several before they even understand the problem. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Michele, that is so demoralizing (and frustrating).  Don't you wish you could just phone them and have them log in to your computer and just fix it.  I sure hope they look at  you as a long standing members(read: continual BUYER of their product) and snap-to-it when it comes to supporting you.  I wonder what country their tech support is in, could that have an explanation why the communication is so slow?

8 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Michele, that is so demoralizing (and frustrating).  Don't you wish you could just phone them and have them log in to your computer and just fix it.  I sure hope they look at  you as a long standing members(read: continual BUYER of their product) and snap-to-it when it comes to supporting you.  I wonder what country their tech support is in, could that have an explanation why the communication is so slow?

If I had a problem I would go to Carole first.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Michele said:

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

If I had a problem I would go to Carole first.

I assume you have tried all of the obvious, like uninstalling and reinstalling.  Are you able to use another version?  I would seriously recommend you contact geek squad,  the worst they can say to you is  that  they are unable to help, yet they just might be able to delve deep into the workings of your computer and fingers crossed possibly find a solution, it can't do any harm. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1

Here is my  font challege page.  I was in a scallops frfame of mind when I was creating this page.  Earlier this week, we had sleet, and a lot of rain, the following day Mother nature's smallest and oldest  living organisms exploded into an aray of  colour out in the trees.  Ok, I had to down on my hands and knees to view the show, but none the less it was spectacular.

Image3.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I assume you have tried all of the obvious, like uninstalling and reinstalling.  Are you able to use another version?  I would seriously recommend you contact geek squad,  the worst they can say to you is  that  they are unable to help, yet they just might be able to delve deep into the workings of your computer and fingers crossed possibly find a solution, it can't do any harm. 

Sue, thank you but I was advising Michele. I do not have any computer or PSP problems at the moment *fingers crossed!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Here is my  font challege page.  I was in a scallops frfame of mind when I was creating this page.  Earlier this week, we had sleet, and a lot of rain, the following day Mother nature's smallest and oldest  living organisms exploded into an aray of  colour out in the trees.  Ok, I had to down on my hands and knees to view the show, but none the less it was spectacular.

Image3.jpg

and scallopy it is! I do think a shadow would improve the title font. It needs something... 

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

and scallopy it is! I do think a shadow would improve the title font. It needs something... 

It has a shadow, not a huge one, but there is one. I could separate the text from the shadow, save them individually, to enable  me to put a deeper shadow on the text itself. The compression  of the file doesn't  help either, it looks OK on the original.

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Sue, thank you but I was advising Michele. I do not have any computer or PSP problems at the moment *fingers crossed!

I see what I  have done, I selected your reply comment instead of Michele's original by mistake.  I'm  sure she will spot  my  comment and realize that it is meant for her.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I did uninstall and now I'm having trouble reinstalling. I have a laptop with a C drive and a D drive (I don't know why) and I've run out of space on my C drive. When I try installing PSP onto my D drive, I get an error referring to insufficient space on my C drive. I use PSP 2022. I told Support all of this when I opened the ticket. Their first response was to uninstall and reinstall onto my D drive which I had already done. Their second response was instructions for PSP 2023. I can't wait for their third response. I will eventually call the Geek Squad if Corel can't help and I'm considering a new laptop, too. 

30 minutes ago, Michele said:

I'm considering a new laptop, too. 

Ah, Michele, what can I say... when in doubt/throw it out! Oh my. Good luck. That may be your best option. Please keep us updated when possible. 🙃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I did uninstall and now I'm having trouble reinstalling. I have a laptop with a C drive and a D drive (I don't know why) and I've run out of space on my C drive. When I try installing PSP onto my D drive, I get an error referring to insufficient space on my C drive. I use PSP 2022. I told Support all of this when I opened the ticket. Their first response was to uninstall and reinstall onto my D drive which I had already done. Their second response was instructions for PSP 2023. I can't wait for their third response. I will eventually call the Geek Squad if Corel can't help and I'm considering a new laptop, too. 

I have 2 drives on my computer. C is for the operating system. C is also where I install all programs. D was set up for the data.

I'm not an expert but I'm guessing that you were just saving everything to the C drive and now it is full. And, again I'm guessing that if you try installing PSP on the D drive, it may have some files that need to be on the C drive. If you save everything to the folders set up by Windows (Documents, Downloads, Videos, Music etc), it is all saved on the C drive. I save all of my PSP creations on my D drive, not on my C drive. In fact, the whole drive is nothing but digi scrapping items! I have about 71% of the drive full. It is time for me to do some housecleaning and move things to an external hard drive.

My suggestion is try cleaning up the C drive by moving non program or operating system files to either the D drive or an external hard drive before you go the route of getting a new laptop. However, if you do get a new laptop and it has 2 drives, use that 2nd drive for data. Don't dump everything into the Windows Documents folder.  Geek Squad should be able to help you clean up the C drive if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I have 2 drives on my computer. C is for the operating system. C is also where I install all programs. D was set up for the data.

I'm not an expert but I'm guessing that you were just saving everything to the C drive and now it is full. And, again I'm guessing that if you try installing PSP on the D drive, it may have some files that need to be on the C drive. If you save everything to the folders set up by Windows (Documents, Downloads, Videos, Music etc), it is all saved on the C drive. I save all of my PSP creations on my D drive, not on my C drive. In fact, the whole drive is nothing but digi scrapping items! I have about 71% of the drive full. It is time for me to do some housecleaning and move things to an external hard drive.

My suggestion is try cleaning up the C drive by moving non program or operating system files to either the D drive or an external hard drive before you go the route of getting a new laptop. However, if you do get a new laptop and it has 2 drives, use that 2nd drive for data. Don't dump everything into the Windows Documents folder.  Geek Squad should be able to help you clean up the C drive if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself.

Thanks, Rene. I've been having the problem of the C drive getting full for a while now. I've been moving and uninstalling things, but I guess my luck has run out. One big problem is too many programs don't give the option of installing anywhere but C the drive. And I created a Documents folder on the D drive early on. I'm sure the Geek Squad will be great; they usually are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Thanks, Rene. I've been having the problem of the C drive getting full for a while now. I've been moving and uninstalling things, but I guess my luck has run out. One big problem is too many programs don't give the option of installing anywhere but C the drive. And I created a Documents folder on the D drive early on. I'm sure the Geek Squad will be great; they usually are.

In that case, maybe it it time to let go of some of the programs you might not use anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

I agree with Rene.  All that I have on my C drive are the programs which I am currently using, everything else is stored on one of my two 2TB external hard drives.  BY doing so, and keeping the C drive just below half full, maintains the speed of the laptop, and the programs running efficienlty.  I'm hoping that by dramatically cleaning  out your C drive will resolve your issues. As a full C drive is problematic.  To  be perfectly honest, even though Corel has told you to  install  PSP on your D  Drive, I wouldn't, as  it's not the  choice of PSP to be installed there, along with all their  files.  I know some do, and they haven't  had any issues in doing so.  

Unless you are confident in doing so, I would contact Geek Squad, specify what you'd like them to do, explain the problems you are having, and let them clean the laptop for you.  There was a time I used to do that myself, but soon learnt that I was only scratching the surface of a deep major clean up. Now Geek Squad does it for me.  I watch what they do, they delve into places that I never did.  Bu first I would delete programs and files thay you no longer need.  Even though you have  deleted stuff, there is always something left behind,  which is where the knowledge of Geek Squad comes into play.

Should you decide to go down the road of a new laptop, I told Best Buy what my primary  use  was going to be for  the laptop.  They  recommended a gaming laptop, which is what I went with. I haven't had  any cause for regret for the choice I made.  They transfered everything from the old  laptop to the new one. I gave them PSP serials numbers etc.  Once I took it home I  could  sit down and instantly  start creating.  They even set up a wifi connection for the camera for me, so I could transfer photos directly from the camera to the laptop.  

• Like 3

Oops Michele I hope there will be a solution to your problem. Because I am away and don’t have my laptop with me I hope it will restart when I got home in a couple of days. I like this new font and although I probably don’t will participate in this challenge I shall certainly use later on. When coming home I have so much to do, after sleeping off the jetlag I have to install all the goodies of the birthday sale. I have downloaded the zip files on my iPad and have to transfer them to my pc where I can open them finally! The next step will be making the missing layouts for the P52 project, watch the last masterclass, go through all my photos and select which of them I want to use for making a photo album! When all that is done I will resume making layouts for all the different challenges. I admit I am starting to miss you all. Hopefully I see you at the Q&A coming Sunday if I can stay awake that is.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So...I got a better response from Support and PSP is back up and running. The first step Support had me do was run a cleanup tool for PSP 2022. I have a lot more room on my C drive since the "cleanup" and there are some resources that I'm missing. I'm afraid it may have cleaned up too much. I've updated all the file location preferences and added the ones I keep separately from the PSP folders, but there seems to be a lot hiding or just plain gone. I'll be searching for a while. All of  the purchases I made from the Home page (templates) are missing, too, so I replied to Support's email asking how to restore them. Luckily, I keep all of the zip files for resources I've bought, most importantly Cassel's stuff so I can always reinstall those.

Thanks so much to everyone for trying to help me. Eventually, I think I will have Geek Squad take a look because I'm sure I've screwed up a lot over the past six months or so by moving stuff from C to D in an effort to save room on the C drive. 

UPDATE: Being a pack rat paid off. I read my old support emails and was reminded of the Restore Purchases option on the Home Page Help button. So they seem to be back now. I really do not like reinstalling! 🤣

Edited by Michele
Update
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Oops Michele I hope there will be a solution to your problem. Because I am away and don’t have my laptop with me I hope it will restart when I got home in a couple of days. I like this new font and although I probably don’t will participate in this challenge I shall certainly use later on. When coming home I have so much to do, after sleeping off the jetlag I have to install all the goodies of the birthday sale. I have downloaded the zip files on my iPad and have to transfer them to my pc where I can open them finally! The next step will be making the missing layouts for the P52 project, watch the last masterclass, go through all my photos and select which of them I want to use for making a photo album! When all that is done I will resume making layouts for all the different challenges. I admit I am starting to miss you all. Hopefully I see you at the Q&A coming Sunday if I can stay awake that is.

Welcome back Corrie, I missed you in the Campus.  I'm looking forward to seeing your coming layouts.  

• Love 1

My flower beds were almost overtaken by bluebells this year, and for the first time in the 20 odd years we've lived here, I saw a bumblebee in the bluebells. I tried to follow her around and snap some pictures with my iPhone. The first font is KidZone from CF. I filled it with a pattern that I made with cass seamless pattern script and a hologram gradient. The second font was downloaded from here. The cartoon bees are from a bee dingbat font from CF. The scalloped ribbon is from a paper from my kit and scalloped with cass quick scallop script.

dsb&b600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5