What are you working on (in May 2024)?

Cassel

Here is another layout that I finally finished last week.   I don't remember what I had in mind for the page when I started, but it was probably different from what it is now.

• Credits:
  • Background paper -  Playtime Princess_D4ED_hearts paper 8,   an old freebie by Pauline Thompson / Dream4Ever.
  • Cassel: DateStamp#8 --  Hanging Photos Script 
  • Font: Lazy Ride Script 

Olivia visits Tokyo Skytree.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

3 minutes ago, Cristina said:

Here is another layout that I finally finished last week.   I don't remember what I had in mind for the page when I started, but it was probably different from what it is now.

• Credits:
  • Background paper -  Playtime Princess_D4ED_hearts paper 8,   an old freebie by Pauline Thompson / Dream4Ever.
  • Cassel: DateStamp#8 --  Hanging Photos Script 
  • Font: Lazy Ride Script 

Olivia visits Tokyo Skytree.jpg

I think layouts ending up nothing like we originally intended is a common issue for us. LOL

• Haha 3

Lab 12 Mod 5; requirements: 1. create a paper with random dots - the frame paper around the picture (I created several and chose this one to display); 2. create a pattern of triangles facing in opposite directions (#7) - I used the pattern for a paper, and a ribbon and used Cassel's script for Bow 12; 3. embossed paper - I had quite a time creating the butterfly pattern for the embossing to display it the way I like - but it gave me an idea of how to create patterns for embossing that are not round. I placed the picture in a mask I created when I was fooling around with various transparencies of frames; and I used that sparkled butterfly that I used in the last module.

Lab 12 Mod 5_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Posted (edited)

Following Mary Solaas's steps, I  went back to the Labs tutorials.   

If I had kept the sequence where I left off, I would have used Lab11-Module11, but to fit my needs, I followed the techniques from Lab13-Module 2 (Corner Cut Shape & Double Arrow pattern).

This is the first layout I created with an 8.5x11 size or, in this case, 11x8.5.  I am still not sure which direction I'll take...   I mentioned before that Lyn Grieveson, a designer from The Lilypad, started using 8x10 size (portrait orientation)...   Carole has a post with good information about Different Sizes for Scrapbook Projects

Anyway, here is my layout and credits:

• Background paper - KAagard_Great Outdoors Pattern2 from the "Great Outdoors" kit by KAagard.
  • Mask -  Palvinka_HelloSpring_photomasks_2  from the "Hello Spring" kit by Palvinka...   I like the Photomasks she designs...  I used a Mask on top of the photo, which lowered the opacity a lot.
  • Elements from the "Nature Walk" kit by DiHiller.
  • CaroleStraight Pin & Pinned Paper techniques  ///   Datestamp#8 Script  /// Decorative Stitches  (cass-stitch-turkey)
  • Font: High Notes

Lab13-M02 It's the little things forum.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Love 7

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Thank you, Ann. One of my favorites too...we must be twins!

I think you are twins...I have a hard time telling you apart...🤣   You both have a hat on and you both wear glasses, totally twins!

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

After reading the latest blog post about using a split page, I downloaded one of the templates, and came up with this.  Organza ribbon, (used Carole's bow script), paper bow. Banner from the  masterclass.  I was fortunate enough yesterday to witness these two 5-6 week old ground squirrels emerge from their undergound nursery for the very first time. They were so tiny, one  would fit comfortably in the palm of my hand.  Unfortunately, that wasn't likey to happen.

layered template bc.jpg

• Love 8

57 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

After reading the latest blog post about using a split page, I downloaded one of the templates, and came up with this.  Organza ribbon, (used Carole's bow script), paper bow. Banner from the  masterclass.  I was fortunate enough yesterday to witness these two 5-6 week old ground squirrels emerge from their undergound nursery for the very first time. They were so tiny, one  would fit comfortably in the palm of my hand.  Unfortunately, that wasn't likey to happen.

layered template bc.jpg

Oh, they are adorable.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Well, I've been working on my wild cat calendar for June so I thought I'd show it off as it has been created in May. I'll post it full size on Facebook so it can be printed @ 8.5 x 11 inches. I used a cass template from last year's calendar workshop. Introducing the critically endangered beautiful little Andean Mountain Cat from South America. The fonts are Wakanda for the June title and Britannia Bold for the rest. I love his little white moustache!

2024 JUNE CALENDAR ANDEAN MOUNTAIN CAT_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
fonts
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Just playing around. I started with a PSP  kaleidoscope picture from a lavender Iris flower on blue sky background. I changed the background to green and I added a bunch of fairies from a couple of bundles from C F.

fairys on K background  6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 5:34 PM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Once again, the Mountain Laurel is having a bountiful year. Template 221 by Lady 22.

large.2024516MountainLaurel2Template221delady22600.jpg.76b26839cc0f94d0af0b298fba56f661.jpg

I will try again, as my first comment disappeared. 🙂 

Bonnie, very nice layout...   I didn't know this beautiful Mountain Laurel flower...   I also like Lady22's templates and the masks she creates.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, I've been working on my wild cat calendar for June so I thought I'd show it off as it has been created in May. I'll post it full size on Facebook so it can be printed @ 8.5 x 11 inches. I used a cass template from last year's calendar workshop. Introducing the critically endangered beautiful little Andean Mountain Cat from South America. The fonts are Wakanda for the June title and Britannia Bold for the rest. I love his little white moustache!

2024 JUNE CALENDAR ANDEAN MOUNTAIN CAT_600.jpg

Ann, you always showcase incredible animals in your Wild Cat Calendar.  Great work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

I will try again, as my first comment disappeared. 🙂 

Bonnie, very nice layout...   I didn't know this beautiful Mountain Laurel flower...   I also like Lady22's templates and the masks she creates.

Thank you, Cristina. Lady22 rocks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Cristina, at about the same hour, I wrote a long story in the May 28 Newsletter Chitchat topic, and it also disappeared. 😞

Oh, Ann, this is even worse ... Lucky me, my comment was short this time, but it happened before to lose a long one... Now,  when I remember to do it,  I copy the text (CTR+C).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lab 12 Mod 6. Requirements: Mandala - back of the pictures; paint streaks 2 (Not happy with this) behind the gold butterfly; Gold Texture the frame on the background layer. I used Cass Circle Pictures for the pictures and then resized it for this layout (hid the original background layer). 

Lab 12 Mod 6_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Love 7

18 hours ago, Cristina said:

Oh, Ann, this is even worse ... Lucky me, my comment was short this time, but it happened before to lose a long one... Now,  when I remember to do it,  I copy the text (CTR+C).

@Cristina I followed Cassel's advice and went back to the page. As soon as I clicked to start a new entry, my old post popped up in its entirety! I was so glad! ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

@Cristina I followed Cassel's advice and went back to the page. As soon as I clicked to start a new entry, my old post popped up in its entirety! I was so glad! ☺️

This happens to me, too. My theory is that if I try to make a new post soon after submitting another one, that's when it happens. Most of the time it's when I haven't lost the original. LOL

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michele said:

This happens to me, too. My theory is that if I try to make a new post soon after submitting another one, that's when it happens. Most of the time it's when I haven't lost the original. LOL

This was my first entry on the May 28 Newsletter Chitchat about violence in our neighborhoods.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 12 Mod 6. Requirements: Mandala - back of the pictures; paint streaks 2 (Not happy with this) behind the gold butterfly; Gold Texture the frame on the background layer. I used Cass Circle Pictures for the pictures and then resized it for this layout (hid the original background layer). 

Lab 12 Mod 6_600.jpg

Mary, I find this layout very nice. The subtle background pattern, the Mandala, the gold butterfly, and even the paint streaks... I still have to try these techniques. 

I also like to include all the techniques of a Lab lesson in a single layout, as sometimes it can be challenging. Participating in the Bingo Challenge is another way, and I find it's fun.

I have seen a few layouts with the cass-Circle photos script,... It has many possibilities.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1