What are you working on (in April 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in April be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.
  • Love 1

Happy April. Here is my monthly Wild Cat Calendar for April 2024. I used the cass-open-book script for the top and a calendar from Gina Jones. The Snow Leopard photo was taken by my granddaughter, Jackie Thorpe, at her Claws 'N' Paws Wild Animal Park in Mt. Ariel, PA. The title font is Fredericka the Great, and the text font is Agency. The background gradient is labeled "Bondi." The "Say No" brad is mine. I will also post this on our Facebook page full size for anyone who would like to print it out at 8.5" x 11" which is what I do. 

APRIL 2024 WILDCAT CALENDAR-SNOW LEOPARD_600.jpg

• Love 8

Great calendar page @Ann Seeber, love the open book look. Is that a script as well?  I was hoping to get into scripts on Easter Monday but life had different plans... It sure is on my list. Thank you for the lovely kit @Louyse Toupin!!!

I have a little project going with photos from the sixties and seventies. Some are slides, all are scanned, except the one on this page 😉 Graphics JBD Design discontinued. 10x8 inches. Font is Lato on body and Nickson Four on title.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

And here is a second project, about a place in Germany  (say shtorkoh, meaning storks in English) Storkow about a 40 minutes drive east of Berlin and 20 minutes west from the Polish border. It is part of the outer, historic military ring around Berlin. Interesting place. 

Graphics JBS and Marisa Lerin, fonts are Qiara on title and Poppins on body.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 3
  • Love 9

On 4/2/2024 at 3:50 PM, bina greene said:

And here is a second project, about a place in Germany  (say shtorkoh, meaning storks in English) Storkow about a 40 minutes drive east of Berlin and 20 minutes west from the Polish border. It is part of the outer, historic military ring around Berlin. Interesting place. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

That was a very interesting read. It must have been quite a bit of work to make these layouts, but they are effective.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Revisited and revised an old one. I have no idea where I got the cherry blossom clip art or the lovely pic I used for the slats, but the font is Asia Pacific, free from DaFont.

large.FABDLSakura!600.jpg.f747af3ab001fa644894622372ca8e09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

@Julie Magerka Thank you! I usually make the collages with a collage app and save as png to put on the layout. It is a pretty fast process altogether. The text  is also mostly ready to copy/paste before I start the layout. I would spend hours looking at fonts if I did not decide beforehand which ones to take. Seriously, that is what I can spend the most time on, lol.... gazing at fonts and the spaces they leave on the page ;9

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 2

Another excellent  masterclass today.  When I read what it was going to be about, I  knew what I was going to showcase.  I used the first  layout which Carole demonstrated. 

masterclass 1.jpg

Masterclass.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 13

21 minutes ago, Cassel said:

A perfect starting point to display photos. And then, the sky is the limit if someone wants to add details, embellishments, etc.

I couldn't  agree more.  I saved the templates after converting the photo slots to masks. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Another excellent  masterclass today.  When I read what it was going to be about, I  knew what I was going to showcase.  I used the first  layout which Carole demonstrated. 

masterclass 1.jpg

Masterclass.jpg

Can't tell....is the one at the bottom right happy or ticked off? Love these pix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

masterclass 1.jpg

Masterclass.jpg

Amazing shots! TFS!!!💕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Can't tell....is the one at the bottom right happy or ticked off? Love these pix.

Thank you Julie, no, it's  not ticked off.  This one was calling to others, as it's the breeding season. Males can be ferocious  towards each other over territory and females. I have shots  of them fighting, and of them licking their bloody wounds.  They have the teeth and claws to cause harm. They will  also make warning calls, of potential predators.  

• Like 2
  • WOW 2

Though I posted this in the Flowers Challenge I'd like to show it here as it's inspired by the webinar and Sue Thomas' layouts. I also made templates. Here are Spring flowers in Warwick. The clipart lower right is from Jessica Dunn.

SPRING FLOWERS IN WARWICK_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

The 1st story page; the preceding ones are just more title pages. I'm by now wondering if I should draw this out to more pages. It is one rather short story. As a kid I always thought there wasn't enough text on these pages in story books. Then again how attractive exactly is a visual of lambs being breakfasted by the wolf?  I might change the body font which is France and giving me a bit of a headache. I love its looks tho. The title font is Calysa.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

On 4/2/2024 at 9:50 PM, bina greene said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi Bina,

A journalist was lost because of you. Or do you work for a magazine? In any case, I'm pleased that you've invested such a long text in the German language and especially the dialect around Berlin😘. But what do you like about the boring houses and the prefabricated buildings for a private album? But everything is the typical Bina journal style 😁. But I like that you decorate sparingly and the photos get the main attention.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:48 AM, bina greene said:

Great calendar page @Ann Seeber, love the open book look. Is that a script as well?  I was hoping to get into scripts on Easter Monday but life had different plans... It sure is on my list. Thank you for the lovely kit @Louyse Toupin!!!

I have a little project going with photos from the sixties and seventies. Some are slides, all are scanned, except the one on this page 😉 Graphics JBD Design discontinued. 10x8 inches. Font is Lato on body and Nickson Four on title.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There will be a sale on Carole's birthday coming around the 22nd of April.  You'll be able to get the script...and many more....on sale.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

He's calling for Allan!  Allan!  Allan!  hahahahaha  google this: Funny talking animals: Alan!.. Alan!.. Steve! | Walk on the Wild Side - BBC  and you'll get it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg  Hopefully this link works.  You can also google Allan Allan Allan and you'll get just the Allan part.  

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

He's calling for Allan!  Allan!  Allan!  hahahahaha  google this: Funny talking animals: Alan!.. Alan!.. Steve! | Walk on the Wild Side - BBC  and you'll get it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg  Hopefully this link works.  You can also google Allan Allan Allan and you'll get just the Allan part.  

How about the chicken screaming for Maria?

• Haha 3
  • WOW 1