April Theme Challenge - FLOWERS

Cassel

Theme-Desserts

The theme for April is FLOWERS. We know several members who are fans of daffodils, so I expect you can post (or re-posts) your project in this thread! But for everyone else, do you have a layout about your gardening? The flowers you find during your walks? Or maybe a special bouquet you received?

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

I will start with another version of these daffodils that I posted last month.  I do play with flower pictures a lot an could really go crazy with this theme. 

DAFFODILS.jpg

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 5
  • Love 8

This layout was done for one of Carole's workshops...can't think of it right now.

In 2008, December 2 I traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to meet with an internet friend and we spent a good bit of time at Oprayland Hotel which has indoor gardens open to the public. 

• Like 2

UK WIld Flowers.  I have many favourites.  The Campion which  flourishes in hedgerows all over the country, can flower almost all year round in some areas.  Wales and Cornwall, especially so.  I used one of Carole's  lace picture tubes, edge magic script on the flower elements, which I created myself, adding the  flowers names on a curve, as the flowers are vectors. As for the tile, I went wild using many different fonts, and colours from the photos.  Due to compression, some of the flowers names in the  flowers may not be  legible.  Forget me nots, Primroses, Cowslips, Shepherds smock.  The  main photo is a macro shot of the Campion flower.

Wild Flowers.jpg

Image4.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

UK WIld Flowers.  I have many favourites.  The Campion which  flourishes in hedgerows all over the country, can flower almost all year round in some areas.  Wales and Cornwall, especially so.  I used one of Carole's  lace picture tubes, edge magic script on the flower elements, which I created myself, adding the  flowers names on a curve, as the flowers are vectors. As for the tile, I went wild using many different fonts, and colours from the photos.  Due to compression, some of the flowers names in the  flowers may not be  legible.  Forget me nots, Primroses, Cowslips, Shepherds smock.  The  main photo is a macro shot of the Campion flower.

Wild Flowers.jpg

Image4.jpg

A very colorful layout, but it does justice to the colors of the flowers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

A very colorful layout, but it does justice to the colors of the flowers!

For me it is very colourful!   lol  I'm  pretty certain you will  be familiar  with these native wild flowers.  It's still very  drab here,  there are signs of  grass starting to green. I enjoyed looking back over the recent  years for  photos I have taken when home, for this layout. 

• Like 1

Lately on a dry spell I came along a front garden in a street I normally pass by and saw a magnificent rather big Prunus in full bloom. The only problem was that I had to take my photo from the pavement and in that position it was impossible to get a good shot of the tree without getting the front window and door of that house on the photo too. Nowadays you have to be a bit careful when you do that, because most people don't like you doing so and I didn't want the house in the photo anyway. Therefore I took some close-ups and  used one of them here. 

I like the work of Jessica Dunn and subscribed to her newsletter recently. She hosts a mask challenge on digitalscrapbook.com for this month and has a freebie mask and as a welcome gift I got the mini kit dandelion wishes part 2. And I used both the mask and the kit for this layout to make a background from 2 papers with a blendmode. Made a cluster with some elements, changed some colors to go better with my color scheme and made a text frame because the frame in the kit was way to overpowering for this photo. The font is Belinda, a freebie from CF. Just a whole layout using freebies!!!

April-Flowers challenge-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

13 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

For me it is very colourful!   lol  I'm  pretty certain you will  be familiar  with these native wild flowers.  It's still very  drab here,  there are signs of  grass starting to green. I enjoyed looking back over the recent  years for  photos I have taken when home, for this layout. 

Yes I noticed your unusual color scheme 🙃, but why not if the flowers dictate it. Indeed I know all the flowers you used and I think I will have some of them in photos of my own.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Lately on a dry spell I came along a front garden in a street I normally pass by and saw a magnificent rather big Prunus in full bloom. The only problem was that I had to take my photo from the pavement and in that position it was impossible to get a good shot of the tree without getting the front window and door of that house on the photo too. Nowadays you have to be a bit careful when you do that, because most people don't like you doing so and I didn't want the house in the photo anyway. Therefore I took some close-ups and  used one of them here. 

I like the work of Jessica Dunn and subscribed to her newsletter recently. She hosts a mask challenge on digitalscrapbook.com for this month and has a freebie mask and as a welcome gift I got the mini kit dandelion wishes part 2. And I used both the mask and the kit for this layout to make a background from 2 papers with a blendmode. Made a cluster with some elements, changed some colors to go better with my color scheme and made a text frame because the frame in the kit was way to overpowering for this photo. The font is Belinda, a freebie from CF. Just a whole layout using freebies!!!

A neat, delicate layout.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Wild Flowers.jpg

Image4.jpg

I love wildflowers. If I owned my own home I would have them in my garden. I think making word art for the title was perfect...wild flowers and wild text!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

That is such a beautiful layout, Corrie. I get the newsletter from Marisa, but I didn't know Jessica had her own. Where can I sign up for hers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope this counts...more like pre-flowers than "flowers".  I posted this one because my grid squares are not square (look at the far right column) and I'm hoping the Masterclass will teach me how to make everything square and even.  These were the first sunflowers I've ever grown (2023).  They were supposed to be 6' tall, perfect fit where I put them (against the garage wall).  They ended up being mutants and grew to over 10 feet tall, having to bend around the eves troughs to reach for the sky.  Some got too top heavy that they leaned over and that's when I got this shot.  My lighting designer/expert was Mother Nature.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • WOW 3
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I already subscribe to curio pantry. I just didn't realize it was her. Thanks so much.
Your sunflower l/o is incredible!

Thank you so much Michele.  The flowers I grew for the first time (ever) were my muses last summer.  I'm going to try again this year.  it's a steep learning curve for me (black thumb).  The instructions tell you once the seeds sprout to thin them out.  I'm like no way!  What if I thin out the one that would actually grow, and isn't that seedling manslaughter?  I'm no plant killer...oh wait, I will chop off their little heads to photograph them.  😱

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Michele said:

That is such a beautiful layout, Corrie. I get the newsletter from Marisa, but I didn't know Jessica had her own. Where can I sign up for hers?

Thank you and the answer is already given. I had a busy day and am just now looking in the campus!

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I hope this counts...more like pre-flowers than "flowers".  I posted this one because my grid squares are not square (look at the far right column) and I'm hoping the Masterclass will teach me how to make everything square and even.  These were the first sunflowers I've ever grown (2023).  They were supposed to be 6' tall, perfect fit where I put them (against the garage wall).  They ended up being mutants and grew to over 10 feet tall, having to bend around the eves troughs to reach for the sky.  Some got too top heavy that they leaned over and that's when I got this shot.  My lighting designer/expert was Mother Nature.  

image.jpeg

Take a look at the masterclasses NO KIT 2 and 3.  To create  squares using  guides.  Of the top of my head I can't remember which class it actacually is.  

6 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Take a look at the masterclasses NO KIT 2 and 3.  To create  squares using  guides.  Of the top of my head I can't remember which class it actacually is.  

Awesome, thank you Sue.  That will be my relax time treat.

• Like 1

Hope you all had a fab Easter. My PC slowly died over the last couple of weeks but now have a new fast one. I am still suffering from the effects of Vertigo and have to ride it out as there are no meds for allieviating my symptoms. However, I do think it is gradually going but very slowly. Anyhow, unknown to me I did not know of this months challenge and only saw it tonight. As I have finished colouring and shading a line image of Daffodils today too it will fit the bill here. I also had made a plant stand image last year so put the two together. I find that playing with my PSP helps with concentration at the moment and I did feel lost without it. TFL.

Daffodil and Pot Stand-SGH-05-04-2024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

After a mild and warm March, we are having a much wetter and colder April so far. There are a few early bulbs out here but they're biding their time.  I had to dig into old pix to find one from my own garden a number of years ago.

The mask I used is the free one from Jessica at Curio Pantry. I blended a couple of background papers, used some splashes and splatters and some squiggles.

Apr SBC Flowers theme_600.jpg

• Love 12

14 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

After a mild and warm March, we are having a much wetter and colder April so far. There are a few early bulbs out here but they're biding their time.  I had to dig into old pix to find one from my own garden a number of years ago.

The mask I used is the free one from Jessica at Curio Pantry. I blended a couple of background papers, used some splashes and splatters and some squiggles.

Apr SBC Flowers theme_600.jpg

Nice use of the mask! I like this mask and it is very versatile!

• Like 2

Because I like this theme challenge and I like this mask I made another layout using a photo from a crabapple (Malus) tree in my neighborhood. With a more colorful photo and another background it looks completely  different. The background is made with 2 papers and a blendmode; all the elements are by Jessica Dunn and I made a very thin frame and the font is Beladine Gadelia.

Crabapple-600.jpg

• Love 10