April Theme Challenge - FLOWERS

Cassel

24 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Because I like this theme challenge and I like this mask I made another layout using a photo from a crabapple (Malus) tree in my neighborhood. With a more colorful photo and another background it looks completely  different. The background is made with 2 papers and a blendmode; all the elements are by Jessica Dunn and I made a very thin frame and the font is Beladine Gadelia.

Crabapple-600.jpg

That is lovely Corrie! And that mask works in any orientation. None of our trees are ready to bloom like that yet! But I love it when they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Excellent!  

Since you suggested them Sue, I've watched the No Kit series. One I had seen before, and the other two were interesting. The basket weave one (Kit 3) is a great inspiration, but I'd have to watch a dozen times to get it right. No time for that, sadly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Since you suggested them Sue, I've watched the No Kit series. One I had seen before, and the other two were interesting. The basket weave one (Kit 3) is a great inspiration, but I'd have to watch a dozen times to get it right. No time for that, sadly.

The no kit masterclasses are my kind of layouts for showcasing  many of my photos. There is a template which Carole made available to us for the weave layout. Perhaps she will send it to you  if you were to  to ask her for it. It isn't that difficult to create yourself.  Take your time, I'm  confident you can do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It took a while to extract these Roses from photos I have taken over the years.  The frame is one of cass-ColoredPetals-SquareFrame. I kept looking at it and decided it needed a frame and found the perfect one for it.

rose collage  framed f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I'm hoping to find time to create something new, but here's something I created several years ago. See how Cass's corner punches can make plain paper look so pretty?  The font is Ernesthuge from CF. The centerpiece took many steps, but if you want them, just ask.

large.ThinkingofYou-msfwithtexture600.jpg.d932b9bfdbe80d3e6a905a2e1b965e7f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Speaking of Daffodils (as Carole did in her intro), Chantahlia Designs has a beautiful set of daffodil papers and elements this week. CD products are always free. Sometimes when I click on the Download button, I get an error that the download key has expired, but I just have to click on it again. 

https://chantahliadesign.com/?s=daffodils&post_type=product

Here's a sample of what's included.

Image1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Following Sue Thomas' lead, I did the grid challenge from the webinar and created two templates. This is the first, showcasing some spring flowers from Warwick. The lower right is just clipart from Jessica Dunn. Very plain, no shadows or overlapping embellishments.

SPRING FLOWERS IN WARWICK_600.jpg

• Love 9

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Speaking of Daffodils (as Carole did in her intro), Chantahlia Designs has a beautiful set of daffodil papers and elements this week. CD products are always free. Sometimes when I click on the Download button, I get an error that the download key has expired, but I just have to click on it again. 

https://chantahliadesign.com/?s=daffodils&post_type=product

Here's a sample of what's included.

Image1.jpg

This happens to me too.  Being persistent pays off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michele said:

I'm hoping to find time to create something new, but here's something I created several years ago. See how Cass's corner punches can make plain paper look so pretty?  The font is Ernesthuge from CF. The centerpiece took many steps, but if you want them, just ask.

large.ThinkingofYou-msfwithtexture600.jpg.d932b9bfdbe80d3e6a905a2e1b965e7f.jpg

I have those corner punches too and I love them, they are so versatile and you used them well. I like the idea to use the same punches on the 2 papers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Following Sue Thomas' lead, I did the grid challenge from the webinar and created two templates. This is the first, showcasing some spring flowers from Warwick. The lower right is just clipart from Jessica Dunn. Very plain, no shadows or overlapping embellishments.

SPRING FLOWERS IN WARWICK_600.jpg

Ann this shows that plain can be lovely in its own right!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I used the grid from the Workshop with my photos, Beth's photos and photos from my hairstylist that he gave me permission to use. I have used the quote in the doublepage workshop. The butterflies are my own extracted with a few that I made into tubes. The font is Ambidexter, an olf. I separated the letters and filled each vector with different flower patterns from my own flower pictures. Since there were so many letters that I would have had to rasterize, I used the layer styles for the bevel and the shadow (not as good as if the had been rasterized). The background is one from some gradients downloaded from Deviant Art and called Kaiharii.

dsflowers600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Cassel unpinned this topic