Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp3-800-Title-400x300.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this Bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at a time, one concept at a time and you will create one project at a time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on March 11th, 2024, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your images to about 600 pixels AND save them in jpg format, before uploading them to the gallery (check this tutorial to upload to the gallery) so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough so that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready!

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announced it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second (or third) round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I LOVE bootcamp! I have been attending for 3 years and it is offered several times a year. The layouts demonstrated are classic with a clean look which is just what I like. Some of my best scrapbook pages have been done in bootcamp and I look forward to more. One of the best parts is meeting new people and hopefully, being a little helpful if they need it. I find I learn things better when explaining them to others.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I have done the bootcamp before and was wanting to do it again and every time there was something preventing me from doing so. I'm not doing the Build A Kit workshop because I haven't time enough.  In April I'm going to California for a visit to my daughter and the grandkids and that takes a lot of time in preparations, but the bootcamp will fit in. It isn't that time consuming and I like to have a smaller project besides all the prep stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi there I  had great fun with my first Bootcamp. I knew very little but with all the help here I learnt a lot so I am looking forward to this one . Not sure what photos to showcase but I think the puppies will have to be there somewhere! circle1pupspng600.jpg.af831b11e5a9718888fee98e5f2cd781.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I made a screenshot of my workspace. You'll notice I don't use thumbnails in my layer palette. Also, be sure to UNCHECK TABBED DOCUMENTS in the WINDOW menu at the top.

The photo I've included is of a Viking River Cruise in Europe and I'm planning on documenting a Fantasy Travel Layout using their stock photos.

Setting up the Workspace.jpg

FANTASY EUROPEAN VIKING RIVER CRUISE.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I didn't sign up for bootcamp this time because of the Build A Kit, but I think I am going to give up on that because my PC has been in the shop for over a week and I am so far behind, I will never catch up.  I have my laptop to make some comments but I don't have PSP on it and it is to hard to see that kind of stuff on the small screen.   Bummer! Oh well I just hope the computer shop will be able to not loose everything on my old PC because that and a evaluation is all I was wanting.  (sorry for all the grumbling)

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

The screenshot of my workspace is customizedd to include several scripts and other commands that I use a lot on the toolbar. For example, I can just click on deselect button, the repeat button, the pick button, etc. I prefer a black background. I have also saved the workspace so that if somthing happens, I can reload it without having to setting it all up again.

I will be using the photos from Riverside Park that I took during my visit to Fredericksburg, VA.

dsdesktop.jpg

dspic600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, Sue Booth said:

Hi, just joining today and hoping I can keep up one day at a time!  Already failed as can't upload a profile pic - my photos are too large!!!  How do I downsize to be the 0.05mb?

I guess you did it!

• Like 1

Hi all, my workspace only offers 'Photography' or 'Essentials' (as I am on PSP 23) - which one should I choose for this bootcamp?

I have gone for mid grey with white background for the workspace.

My photo is from a recent week in Morocco; not sure what to expect so not sure what other photos I will use, but I took plenty!!!  

green and red houses resized 15 percent.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Sue Booth said:

Hi all, my workspace only offers 'Photography' or 'Essentials' (as I am on PSP 23) - which one should I choose for this bootcamp?

You should use the Complete workspace as you will want all the tools and commands. It should be listed just under the Photography and Essential on the home page.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sue Booth said:

I have gone for mid grey with white background for the workspace.

My photo is from a recent week in Morocco; not sure what to expect so not sure what other photos I will use, but I took plenty!!!  

green and red houses resized 15 percent.jpg

Wow, those colors are fabulous! Can't wait to see more... 😉

• Like 2

Hi, my workspace is light grey and I use the layers palette, materials, tooloptions, top and bottom toolbars. When scripting I have the history and script output palettes open. The top toolbar has my choice of scripts as well.  For this Bootcamp I plan to use photos from a trip to Berlin that we took in 2008, it was the last trip abroad before my husband got seriously ill and since then he isn't able to travel any longer. 

Berlijn.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
wrong word
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Hi, I prefer light grey also. Other preferences will come at some point. Glad to be here! Image is Rosie, a rescue from Alberta that we brought home when we went to visit my daughter. Now I have another daughter.

Rosie post.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5