What are you working on (in March 2024)?

Cassel

On 3/13/2024 at 10:55 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Carole's border and page punches, along with her fancy fonts, really don't need any introduction.  For the date I created a wooden token.  As for the hedgehog I went with a semi watercolour effect. Frame and mask my own. Whilst home with the little girls, I would take them up  Badgers lane, once at the top the view is spectacular. They would take their magnifying glasses, I spy insect book, and magnifying insect jars.  Needless to say I got those for them.  We would turn over stones, to see what was underneath.  On one occassion we saw this  Hedgehog.  Of course I had my camera with me. 

Hedgehog (2).jpg

I love them. Each and every garden should see these creatures and says   :Nice to see you::)

• Love 3

On 3/13/2024 at 3:55 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Carole's border and page punches, along with her fancy fonts, really don't need any introduction.  For the date I created a wooden token.  As for the hedgehog I went with a semi watercolour effect. Frame and mask my own. Whilst home with the little girls, I would take them up  Badgers lane, once at the top the view is spectacular. They would take their magnifying glasses, I spy insect book, and magnifying insect jars.  Needless to say I got those for them.  We would turn over stones, to see what was underneath.  On one occassion we saw this  Hedgehog.  Of course I had my camera with me. 

Hedgehog (2).jpg

My best friend (since I was 12) is moving to Nairn, Scotland inJune.  She is looking forward to seeing/learning about all the flora and fauna of her new area.  How lucky to see these in the wild.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 5

Here is page three of my '7 stocks' micro project- Four more to go. TFL! These pages I'm sharing here are the right pages of a spread , the left ones will either have typography, photos or a mix of both and maybe a list of dishes that those stocks are to be used in.

Fonts are again Pacifico on title and Lato on body. Supplies myself.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

On the PSP maniacs there was a some talk about using the Layer Styles and I started playing with this.  First I duplicated the flowers only made a couple more layers of that and added some of the the layer styles on the a couple of them.  I thought it turned out pretty so here it is.

daffodil  multiple layer styl effects   S.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Anne Lamp said:

On the PSP maniacs there was a some talk about using the Layer Styles and I started playing with this.  First I duplicated the flowers only made a couple more layers of that and added some of the the layer styles on the a couple of them.  I thought it turned out pretty so here it is.

daffodil  multiple layer styl effects   S.jpg

the flowers just pop right out of the photo.  Beautiful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:28 PM, bina greene said:

I have a sort of culinary book going at the moment, Graphics myself, fonts Pacifico and Lato. see here https://imgur.com/a/xL7mbzw

The second one is from a daily project with papers I made for a designer challenge at DS, the 3rd one is from an album on the Paris arrondissements (here the 4th), and the last one is from my recent trip to Barcelona..

Great work, @bina greene I agree with what you say on the culinary pages, and keep most of those ingredients in my pantry. I love pomegranate molasses and add that to stews and casseroles. Pizza is never the same without anchovies and I tend to add olives and capers as well.  I love the background on your souvenirs page. and your layouts all work well.

• Thanks 1

I'm in need of real colours around me these days. Saw this image online and it touched me b/c I love those primary, primitive colours in art or photos. Not much of that around here for a while. I used the spill (or split) frame technique (again). Background paper with sparkles added, and simple text. Glad to get a layout done!

I have been to Newfoundland and it is absolutely breathtaking to see. We did the trip on motorcycles many years ago.

NFLD layout with spill mask.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

29 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I'm in need of real colours around me these days. Saw this image online and it touched me b/c I love those primary, primitive colours in art or photos. Not much of that around here for a while. I used the spill (or split) frame technique (again). Background paper with sparkles added, and simple text. Glad to get a layout done!

I have been to Newfoundland and it is absolutely breathtaking to see. We did the trip on motorcycles many years ago.

That's beautifully done Julie and the background color works so well with the color in the photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Beautifully executed Julie You have that technique well and truly mastered. A rainbow of colours.  I could do with some colour, as the snow deminishes the drab browns are once again revealed.

• Like 4

I decided to do a follow up page to the one I did for the mating hares. Once again I have used Carole's punches, simillar colours too.  Now that the snow, and snow banks are slowly disappearing as the sun warms up,  it's lovely to see one of my resident hares out feeding during daylight hours.  Rather than use borders I used the selection tool,  select selection borders, delete Instead of round I went with  oval for thw photos. Although I use  square  layouts, I much prefer to use rectangles. 

We now live in a digital world, a far cry from when I was a child, when we didn't even have calculators. It doesn't matter whether you area a pro, amateur, use  a pro camera or a phone.  For me photography is far more than  pressing a button, but in the ability to weave a narrative through pixels. Immortalizing the fleeting beauty of a moment no matter what it may be.   Using the powerful impact of PSP to tell the photos story, by  showcaseing them. 

Hare 16 March.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • WOW 3
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I decided to do a follow up page to the one I did for the mating hares. Once again I have used Carole's punches, simillar colours too.  Now that the snow, and snow banks are slowly disappearing as the sun warms up,  it's lovely to see one of my resident hares out feeding during daylight hours.  Rather than use borders I used the selection tool,  select selection borders, delete Instead of round I went with  oval for thw photos. Although I use  square  layouts, I much prefer to use rectangles. 

We now live in a digital world, a far cry from when I was a child, when we didn't even have calculators. It doesn't matter whether you area a pro, amateur, use  a pro camera or a phone.  For me photography is far more than  pressing a button, but in the ability to weave a narrative through pixels. Immortalizing the fleeting beauty of a moment no matter what it may be.   Using the powerful impact of PSP to tell the photos story, by  showcaseing them. 

Hare 16 March.jpg

What a cool and clever technique.  Love it.  Beautiful words Sue.  "Immortalizing the fleeting beauty of a moment no matter what it may be.", really resonated with me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Hare 16 March.jpg

Not only a gorgeous page, but very poetic words. ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

What a cool and clever technique.  Love it.  Beautiful words Sue.  "Immortalizing the fleeting beauty of a moment no matter what it may be.", really resonated with me.  

Again, I appreciate  your words.  In fact this time you mamaged to curb the length of your comment, by quoting more of my words  than  your own. 😉 ❤️ Gone are the days when words used to flow freely for me.  Though, these days I do have my moments.  A tip, when using the technique, make sure you delete EVERY layer which  is bleow the photo.  In order to get the  right effect. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Again, I appreciate  your words.  In fact this time you mamaged to curb the length of your comment, by quoting more of my words  than  your own. 😉 ❤️ Gone are the days when words used to flow freely for me.  Though, these days I do have my moments.  A tip, when using the technique, make sure you delete EVERY layer which  is bleow the photo.  In order to get the  right effect. 

I totally hear you.  I have learned in the past few years to back away and not engage in conflict that just isn't that important (As a child I was the temper-tantrum Queen!).  I'm trying to save my words ("those" kind of words - we all have them) for really important situations.  Thank you about the tip.  I was making Photo Prongs today (12 of them) when around prong number 6 to 12 I saw a little something weird on the prong (of course AFTER I was done).  Ugh, I had switched one the steps with another one which cause the issue, took me some time to figure it out.  Yup, any and all tips are important...so is following the steps in the correct order!  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I totally hear you.  I have learned in the past few years to back away and not engage in conflict that just isn't that important (As a child I was the temper-tantrum Queen!).  I'm trying to save my words ("those" kind of words - we all have them) for really important situations.  Thank you about the tip.  I was making Photo Prongs today (12 of them) when around prong number 6 to 12 I saw a little something weird on the prong (of course AFTER I was done).  Ugh, I had switched one the steps with another one which cause the issue, took me some time to figure it out.  Yup, any and all tips are important...so is following the steps in the correct order!  

Did you create all 12 from scratch?  For many elements, you can create a template, save, and then create others to your liking, colour, size, orientation etc.  Remembering to save  each one first, to enable you to keep the template in tact.  It can be very frustrating when you have put a lot of time into doing something only to find something wrong, and unable to work out what you did wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Did you create all 12 from scratch?  For many elements, you can create a template, save, and then create others to your liking, colour, size, orientation etc.  Remembering to save  each one first, to enable you to keep the template in tact.  It can be very frustrating when you have put a lot of time into doing something only to find something wrong, and unable to work out what you did wrong. 

Not quite from scratch.  thankfully, Carole shows how to use the first one to make the other three, saving some steps.  It's to get the 4 directions of the prong with the highlight in the right spot for each direction.  I am thinking I need to "think" in template terms too, going forward.  It would be so much faster.  On the bright side, I did a lot of cutout effect today so I'm hoping that got stuck in my brain.  And it helped to understand using the cutout for highlights is different than using the effect to indent (such as for the wax seal).  Imagine how much more I could have done today if I'd just followed the directions.  😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/17/2024 at 2:09 AM, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, what a lovely work!

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:00 AM, Sue Thomas said:

Hare 16 March.jpg

Sue, that's a beautiful layout! Just by looking at it, we can feel all the attention you give to details and techniques. Great work, as always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

Sue, that's a beautiful layout! Just by looking at it, we can feel all the attention you give to details and techniques. Great work, as always.

As always, you are profoundly complimentary.  I reciprocate, by saying I profoundly appreciate your words, my dear friend!

For nice clean circles I use a vector shape (circle), then use  selections, from vector object. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 5

On 3/17/2024 at 3:00 AM, Sue Thomas said:

Hare 16 March.jpg

Sue you put into such lovely words what photography is all about, much better then I ever could or maybe only in my own language. But I totally understand and agree with what you are expressing and you are able to show it in your layouts to us all to enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue you put into such lovely words what photography is all about, much better then I ever could or maybe only in my own language. But I totally understand and agree with what you are expressing and you are able to show it in your layouts to us all to enjoy!

As I commented to Cristina's words, I deeply appreciate your, and many others within the campus family for their exceedingly inspiring, complimentary comments.  It’s an absolute pleasure for me to share my photography, through showcasing them with you all.

As I have said many times before I am very much an amateur  photographer, learning and improving as I go along.  I have learnt to think more about the elements of an image which will make them more appealing to myself and the viewer.  Showcasing them isn’t any different, in my layouts, first and foremost the layout must not take presidence over the image, whilst still  making it  appealing to myself and the viewer.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

As I commented to Cristina's words, I deeply appreciate your, and many others within the campus family for their exceedingly inspiring, complimentary comments.  It’s an absolute pleasure for me to share my photography, through showcasing them with you all.

As I have said many times before I am very much an amateur  photographer, learning and improving as I go along.  I have learnt to think more about the elements of an image which will make them more appealing to myself and the viewer.  Showcasing them isn’t any different, in my layouts, first and foremost the layout must not take presidence over the image, whilst still  making it  appealing to myself and the viewer.  

How great that we can spend a lifetime continually learning something we love.  

• Like 5