Mask Workshop (2024)

Cassel

MasksWorkshop-600.jpg

Another workshop will soon start. Are you in?

It will start on February 12th.

This workshop is FREE for everyone, so spread the word. This workshop is meant to be for those with some experience with PaintShop Pro. If you are brand new to using the program, it will be a little more challenging, although we are here to help you if you still want to participate.

Did you find this thread before the registration page? Here it is. (and yes, it is the same series of tutorials, but I'll try to find more supplies for the DIAMOND members)

• Like 1

I just signed in. I did get a better idea about working with masks from the template workshop 2024 so I am looking forward to trying this one again. I have never been much of as mask user (partly because I always had trouble with them for some reason) but if I finally get it to stay in my head this time, I will probably use them more.

• Like 2

I think I just signed up a second time!ย ๐Ÿ˜ The showroom link did take me to 2023 but I have this page bookmarked so I guess it is the new 2024 showroom? I still think of this as the Love Story Challenge!

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2

I am in too but was thinking I would be the only one who has completed the course before to be repeating the exercise. I am so relieved. Like Monique says 'repeating is a good thing'

For me it's a subject that is a little difficult to feel at home with as I find it difficult thinking in reverse as it were. When I have been successful the result is so satisfying and I also think that the MasterClass is one of my favourites. Thank you for putting it on again Carole.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2024 at 7:33 PM, Ann Seeber said:

is that related to White = Window; Black = Block?

Hi Ann, I get the concept but when it comes to where to put the layers, floating layers and inverting I have not remembered it well. Doing the course again will be good for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

Hi Ann, I get the concept but when it comes to where to put the layers, floating layers and inverting I have not remembered it well. Doing the course again will be good for me.

Fiona, I fully understand that particular difficulty; I had the same problem but I solved it quite easily. I rewatched the video and halted it at the point where we got to those floating layers step. Used play and stop for the video and simply wrote down on very "old-fashioned paper" the steps and never had this problem again. For a while I needed my cheat sheet but now I now it by heart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Fiona, I fully understand that particular difficulty; I had the same problem but I solved it quite easily. I rewatched the video and halted it at the point where we got to those floating layers step. Used play and stop for the video and simply wrote down on very "old-fashioned paper" the steps and never had this problem again. For a while I needed my cheat sheet but now I now it by heart.

I went one step farther,ย  I did screenshots of each step and put them in order on a letter size paper and saved it to my desktop and printed it too.ย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I wrote them down too as well as did the screen shots.ย  then I had a point form very short cheat sheet that I used.ย  Then i just tried it by memory and missed a step.ย  Seeing the step I missed made me remember that particular step.ย  Now I can do it without referring to the notes.ย  That is only the one style of making a mask.ย  this year I want to to commit to memory another style that we learn in the workshop.ย  I remember Sue T. telling to do one thing over and and over until I can have it memorized.ย  Good advice because that is what I did.ย  making the mistakes was really what helped me to learn the order of the steps.ย ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All. I will be in with youย  but Iย  have never used a mask so another learning curve for me! Having read other coments I will have my pen and paper at the ready !! At least I have found you all without having to ask as I have had toย  previously, so nice to see my brain is finally remembering something!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Hi All. I will be in with youย  but Iย  have never used a mask so another learning curve for me! Having read other coments I will have my pen and paper at the ready !! At least I have found you all without having to ask as I have had toย  previously, so nice to see my brain is finally remembering something!

You will do well, Carole teaches it so thoroughly and you are a Diamond member so you'll have access to it afterward too.ย ย 

• Like 1