January 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

This week there was nothing interesting happening and although making photos of housekeeping are ok 🤔 I want to show a photo that my daughter send to me. We had to laugh seeing one of the dogs as a driver and she remarked that she is training an assistance driver to come and get me at the airport if needed!  This is such a cute dog and a bit naughty too. When I'm visiting them he is my friend and looks after me as long as I'm willing to play with him when the rest of the family is at work or at school.

P52-Week5-600.jpg

I had a good laugh when I opened this post.  What a cutie.  And more attentive at the wheel than some humans!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic

Thank you ever so much ladies for your kinds words welcoming me back into the fold. It is very much appreciated.  It was an incredidible  time being home, especially being around the little girls. Ages 3 and 5.  By the time I left they were already  rolling the letter r, as we do in Welsh, and other letters.  Also picking up many of my mannerisms.  As for the memories, well they have left an indelible mark in my mind.  

Here we go again Susan.  Haven't you ever heard the saying upside down and inside out. hahaha!  I use it in reference to being  topsy tervy. Being in disorder, until I get back into my ususal routines.   Perhaps it's another British saying.  

Week four.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thank you ever so much ladies for your kinds words welcoming me back into the fold. It is very much appreciated.  It was an incredidible  time being home, especially being around the little girls. Ages 3 and 5.  By the time I left they were already  rolling the letter r, as we do in Welsh, and other letters.  Also picking up many of my mannerisms.  As for the memories, well they have left an indelible mark in my mind.  

Here we go again Susan.  Haven't you ever heard the saying upside down and inside out. hahaha!  I use it in reference to being  topsy tervy. Being in disorder, until I get back into my ususal routines.   Perhaps it's another British saying.  

Week four.jpg

Welcome back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week four.jpg

Wow! I love this photo!  I know topsy tervy well, but not upside down and inside out.  I'm going to use it!

Well, I'm feeling a little foolish, I just checked it out.  One of my favorite singers when I was a teenager was Diana Ross (I saw her in concert in Vancouver, BC).  I am known for not knowing words to songs and wouldn't you know it, here's one of the verses:

Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round
Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round

My face is a little red right now; it was one of my fav. songs, that I haven't thought about in years.  Sooooo, I stand corrected, I do know that term after all. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow! I love this photo!  I know topsy tervy well, but not upside down and inside out.  I'm going to use it!

Well, I'm feeling a little foolish, I just checked it out.  One of my favorite singers when I was a teenager was Diana Ross (I saw her in concert in Vancouver, BC).  I am known for not knowing words to songs and wouldn't you know it, here's one of the verses:

Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round
Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round

My face is a little red right now; it was one of my fav. songs, that I haven't thought about in years.  Sooooo, I stand corrected, I do know that term after all. 

Of course, I  had forgotten all about that song, and the lyrics.  Me too,  one of my favourite singers and song  back in the day.  I'm  pleased that  I  triggered some fond memories for you. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week four.jpg

I love the selective coloring of the door!

• Like 6

Week 5 on a day trip into Carlisle I took this photo of a weather vane on top of a bank roof. I always stop to look at it and on this day the fox had the company of a jackdaw which was nice.

week 5 600.jpg

• Love 8

18 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Sue, is that door actually that color or did you add the color to the photo? I love it!

I have just logged in, and read some comments.  I can't take credit for the colour of the door.  The door is actually that colour.  Rather cool I thought! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I love the selective coloring of the door!

I can't take credit for the colour of the door Michele.  Saying that  you have given me  an idea for  possibly colourizing doors and or other parts of  a building  that I have, and in the future shoot.  It's extremely rare for me to edit any of my photos in that way. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I can't take credit for the colour of the door Michele.  Saying that  you have given me  an idea for  possibly colourizing doors and or other parts of  a building  that I have, and in the future shoot.  It's extremely rare for me to edit any of my photos in that way. 

Amazing find! Looking forward to what you might do to your own shots. I really like B&W with selective color.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Michele said:

Amazing find! Looking forward to what you might do to your own shots. I really like B&W with selective color.

Thank you, I  must confess. I love the snow.  It's  magical. It simplifies an image,  whilst enhancing fences, trees, branches, buildings and the like. 

• Like 6

On 1/15/2024 at 12:13 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Oh Ann, my heart weeps for you.  I do hope you get positive results at the vet next week.  It's so stressful when our fur-babies are unwell.  Take care.

I also had a cat years ago who had something similar. Good luck with the treatments or meds. I hope Tuxie gets better.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 2/3/2024 at 2:13 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I am back!  My first PSP pages in almost 8 weeks.  I'm currently upside down and inside out, so much do in order to get back on track to settle back into my routine.  The first two weeks are older photos.  ( Local landscape, Sharp Tailed Grouse).  This monring's sunrise. 

Week one.jpg

@Sue Thomas Welcome back! Hopefully, you had a great time with your family. 🙂❤️ 

It

8 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I also had a cat years ago who had something similar. Good luck with the treatments or meds. I hope Tuxie gets better.

Thanks, Julie. Her name is Eve and her black and white coat pattern is called Tuxedo or "Tuxie" for short.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1