Magazine Workshop 2023

Cassel

I was lucky to have the old templates in my stash so I could start inspite of the wrong link in the mail ?

I'm working on 3 magazines and will see which one will be the one I will finish ?

One Outlander, one about my granddaughter which I can't show and one of our holiday which ended 3 days ago.

Day 1-600.jpg

Limburg  dag 1-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Here is the start of my cover page, but there will be more on it. I have done this workshop (called a challenge 2 years ago) , so I have the templates already resized to rectangular. A magazine to me is rectangular, I looked in the shops where they sell magazines and they are all rectangular; a brochure can be any size though. Last week I visited the "Depot" of a very well known museum called Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam. Because their storage department became way to small for everything a museum has in storage (or depot), a new depot was being build. A took a lot of photos which I can use, therefore my magazine is called Modern Architecture. In the following pages you will see this Depot is very futuristic. On my first page I have gone a little bit further then the tutorial, but I'll try not to go to far ahead. The font I chose is Bauhaus.

Magazine-Cover-600.jpg

• Love 13

I'm using this workshop to do some layouts of the Hot Air Balloons that were an event during the 50th Moon Landing Anniversary weekend in my town in 2019. I'm still doing 12x12 since I will be adding elements and other items after the workshop. The layouts will be included in an album I have about the town.

But for now, here is the "cover". I changed the color of the background to match a kit I will be using for the elements.

2019 Balloon A-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

I was lucky to have the old templates in my stash so I could start inspite of the wrong link in the mail ?

I'm working on 3 magazines and will see which one will be the one I will finish ?

One Outlander, one about my granddaughter which I can't show and one of our holiday which ended 3 days ago.

Day 1-600.jpg

Limburg  dag 1-600.jpg

How hard can it be to put a few words and a big picture together?

How many people here have a camera which takes 12” minimum photos, both dimensions?

How many people here spend 1/2 hour to get a photo up-to-size by only 30% using AI?  And it’s not even finished! (This is on my new 2023).  I’m not sure what the 2022 would do. And the PSP X2 or X4 would only make it blurry.  

7 minutes ago, Suzy said:

How many people here have a camera which takes 12” minimum photos, both dimensions?

I certainly hope that this workshop will make it easy for people to use all those pictures to create a page!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I certainly hope that this workshop will make it easy for people to use all those pictures to create a page!

I should have gone with an 8 1/2 x 11 instead of the 12 x 12, but I didn't think (and still do not think) I wil be printing it, so wh not go with the traditional square?  I'm not even sure I like this! (The Title)

We have one of those Robert Love "Love" statues, so the O is off kilter.  I think I may have it too close; will be interesting to see it here online.

To POst 600x.jpg

Edited by Suzy
  • Love 10

Just now, Suzy said:

I should have gone with an 8 1/2 x 11 instead of the 12 x 12, but I didn't think (and still do not think) I wil be printing it, so wh not go with the traditional square?  I'm not even sure I like this! (The Title)

We have one of those Robert Love "Love" statues, so the O is off kilter.  I think I may have it too close; will be interesting to see it here online.

To POst 600x.jpg

I'm going to suggest  some options for you to consider. Try them and see what you think. Rotate  the whole page 90 degrees, it should accommodate  the photo, possibly  doing away with some of the  pavement. The text can then be written on one or two lines.  The other  option is to Rotate the text as demonstrated  in the tutorial. As it is in my opinion the text doesn't look right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

How many people here spend 1/2 hour to get a photo up-to-size by only 30% using AI?  And it’s not even finished! (This is on my new 2023).  I’m not sure what the 2022 would do. And the PSP X2 or X4 would only make it blurry.  

I have 4 size settings on my camera.  One being  1:1, which is a square aspect ratio.  My preference is almost always to use 4:3  (3,000x4,000 pixels)   which is an aspect ration of a 4.3 TV.  I can enlarge the image 3 times without loosing clarity.  I wouldn't call it an issue, but I have to nearly always size down and not up.  My camera is a Bridge camera, certainly, and by no means is it  top of the range, but it certainly suits  my needs, and does the job I ask of it.  The other 2 settings is 3:2  (Aspect ratio of a 35mm film camera.  I use  16.9 for shooting the night sky,  which is  an aspect ration of a HD TV.  Small or large photos will have their own challenges, depending on what you are going to use them in.

• Like 1