Alphabet Game - COFFEE

Cassel

• Cassel pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

L = Lungo 

koffie-dolce-gusto-lungo-intenso-16-cups.jpg

I had to look this up and here's what I found on Wikipedia: "

Lungo (Italian for "long") is a coffee beverage made by using an espresso machine to make an Italian-style coffee – short black (a single espresso shot) with more water (generally twice as much), resulting in a larger coffee, a lungo.

A normal serving of espresso takes from 18 to 30 seconds to pull, and fills 25 to 30 millilitres, while a lungo may take up to a minute to pull, and might fill 50 to 70 millilitres. Extraction time of the dose is determined by the variety of coffee beans (usually a blend of Arabica and Robusta), their grind and the pressure of the machine. It is usually brewed using an espresso machine but with two times the amount of water to the same weight of coffee to make a much longer drink.[1]

In French, it is called café allongé.[2] The café allongé is popular in the French-Canadian province of Quebec.[3][4]"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

O - Orange cake 

This cake is served on the king's birthday, and eaten all over the country. With an orange bitter = licorice in the orange color. Not a sweet one, the sweetness comes from the cake. And a good coffee cake. The king's name is Willem of Orange. During the Second World War, the color orange was strictly forbidden. After that, the orange madness started.  If you want the recipy you can get it. 

Image4.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 1

U = Under Extracted  coffee,  means a brewed espresso or coffee that has been subjected to an insufficient amount of extraction - exposure to hot water - and thus has very little body               and  is weak.   I am aware of this effect but didn't quite know how to explain it in English but Google helped out.