Your BIG News

Susan Ewart

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Interesting how you do have some Setup Files for older versions, but not for 2023. Hum...

This is what mine looks like too.  How I managed to find the downloaded extras and put them elswhere is beyond me.  I must not have checked some box or answered some question I needed to answer to not get Set Up Files.  At least if others dont have it, it might not be me after all.  ? I think we all know...its ME!

d-drive.JPG

• Haha 1

For PSP2023 I have a folder called setup with all the files in it. 

Program Files (X86) >Corel > Corel PaintShop Pro 2023  > Setup

I did not have the haze tool either but did get it from customize.

I did have to restart my computer to complete the initial install.

Edited by Doris Murphy
changed spacing and added 2 lines
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I have 2023, but I never installed it due to all the bugs people were experiencing. I downloaded the updates, but I'm curious as to why one of them is called Update 2. Where is Update 1?

That is an interesting question. I think that until they added Update 2, anyone installing PSP2023 would have automatically had Update1 (the correct one) included. That is my best guess.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I had difficulties with a pspimage layout last night in 2023 Ultimate. The layers were wonky. This morning, everything was smooth... go figure! One thing though, I can't open it in 2022 so I guess I have to update my saving conventions. Anyone know how to do that?

The next time you save a .pspimage file, click on Options, on the dialog window just before clicking OK. There, you will choose which other format you want the file to be compatible with.

I  uninstalled OneDrive per Microsoft's instructions ,  Then I Uninstalled 2023 Ultimate.  Next, I Did a full reboot and shutdown. then reinstalled Coral 2023 Ultimate. That OneDrive reappeared and all file locations in Coral's PSP10 and Jasic's 7,8 and 9PSP were back on OneDrive. 

I have an answer from Corel. 

If you have OneDrive on your system, perhaps it is conflicting with the file location and changing the location to OneDrive. If OneDrive is configured, the file location will change to OneDrive location automatically.

Tomorrow I will try to find a person at Microsoft to learn how to again remove and/or de-configure OneDrive.

• WOW 1

7 minutes ago, Dorothy Donn said:

I  uninstalled OneDrive per Microsoft's instructions ,  Then I Uninstalled 2023 Ultimate.  Next, I Did a full reboot and shutdown. then reinstalled Coral 2023 Ultimate. That OneDrive reappeared and all file locations in Coral's PSP10 and Jasic's 7,8 and 9PSP were back on OneDrive. 

I have an answer from Corel. 

If you have OneDrive on your system, perhaps it is conflicting with the file location and changing the location to OneDrive. If OneDrive is configured, the file location will change to OneDrive location automatically.

Tomorrow I will try to find a person at Microsoft to learn how to again remove and/or de-configure OneDrive.

What an annoyance. I kind of wonder if PSP really has any way around this issue or if it is purely a Microsoft issue.

• Like 1

You can turn OneDrive completely off but if you use the sync settings, it will turn back on. I had problems with my new laptop not letting me into my dropbox account because it had me going to a dropbox account that was linked to through onedrive.  I had to unlink onedrive to get to my dropbox account I've used for a long time.

I followed these instructions (found here) :

1. Open OneDrive settings (select OneDrive cloud icon in your notification area, and then select the OneDrive Help and Settings icon, then Settings

2. Go to the Account tab.

3. Select Unlink this PC

If those don't work, try the other suggestions at the link I posted above.

• Thanks 2

Psp 2023 has been one huge headache for me because of all the bugs, including the layers palette bug,  and now I am unable to get the update 2 installed. I do not know if this has anything to do with it but this months windows 10 update broke some of my 32 bit plugins, including Mura's Meister, which I miss greatly. I do not know what "broke" so do not know how to fix it.

As far as Update 2, I have closed all psp versions,  turned off my anti-virus and my browser guard. The installer gets to 1% complete and then the screen changes to say "Fatal error during installation." There is no reason or error number given. A tab then opens on my browser with the note, "An error occurred which prevents the server from processing this page." I have tried several times, including restarting my pc to try again. It just isn't working and isn't giving any clues as to why. I went through all the posts and no one else seems to be having this problem. ???   

I don't know what else to do except wait until next month and see if the Sept. windows update fixes whatever it is they broke this month. As already noted, I am running windows 10. My psp 2023 is Ultimate though I doubt that has anything to do with anything. It is currently at version 25.1.0.32x64. 

3 minutes ago, CaliKat said:

Psp 2023 has been one huge headache for me because of all the bugs, including the layers palette bug,  and now I am unable to get the update 2 installed. I do not know if this has anything to do with it but this months windows 10 update broke some of my 32 bit plugins, including Mura's Meister, which I miss greatly. I do not know what "broke" so do not know how to fix it.

As far as Update 2, I have closed all psp versions,  turned off my anti-virus and my browser guard. The installer gets to 1% complete and then the screen changes to say "Fatal error during installation." There is no reason or error number given. A tab then opens on my browser with the note, "An error occurred which prevents the server from processing this page." I have tried several times, including restarting my pc to try again. It just isn't working and isn't giving any clues as to why. I went through all the posts and no one else seems to be having this problem. ???   

I don't know what else to do except wait until next month and see if the Sept. windows update fixes whatever it is they broke this month. As already noted, I am running windows 10. My psp 2023 is Ultimate though I doubt that has anything to do with anything. It is currently at version 25.1.0.32x64. 

For some people, that update has been difficult. So far, an option that has worked (after similar failures like you have), is to completely uninstall PSP2023 using the normal Add/Remove program from Windows. Since you do have a license, you can re-download the installation file HERE and start the installation fresh.\

I know it is annoying but Update 2 is really fixing a lot of issues AND adds some improvements too.

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

For some people, that update has been difficult. So far, an option that has worked (after similar failures like you have), is to completely uninstall PSP2023 using the normal Add/Remove program from Windows. Since you do have a license, you can re-download the installation file HERE and start the installation fresh.\

I know it is annoying but Update 2 is really fixing a lot of issues AND adds some improvements too.

Another note but regarding istallation: Hubby is building a new computer with all programs to be installed from scratch (years of Windows and MSOffice upgrades we think it's getting buggy in other stuff we do).  Do you know if I can install my PSP 2022 and 2023 (both Ultimate) onto the new computer and still have it on the one I'm using now, until we know the new one is working well with no bugs? 

Edited by Susan Ewart

33 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Another note but regarding istallation: Hubby is building a new computer with all programs to be installed from scratch (years of Windows and MSOffice upgrades we think it's getting buggy in other stuff we do).  Do you know if I can install my PSP 2022 and 2023 (both Ultimate) onto the new computer and still have it on the one I'm using now, until we know the new one is working well with no bugs? 

Yes, you are allowed to install PSP on two different computers, as long as you are not using them both at the same time (whatever that means). I do have most versions on my desktop and on my laptop. I usually use the desktop, but occasionally, I will be away with only my laptop or sometimes, I will want to test something to see if it is PSP or the computer environment doing something odd.

I've had many different versions of PSP installed on both a desktop and a laptop at the same time. I don't have as many versions as Carole but every version I have had has been on both and it has never been a problem. Like Carole I mainly use the desktop but for a few years I would go to scrapbook retreats with my laptop so it was needed to be installed. Never been an issue. I think at one time I had a version installed on a desktop and 2 different laptops since I had gotten a new laptop and wanted to make sure everything was working OK.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Yes, you are allowed to install PSP on two different computers, as long as you are not using them both at the same time (whatever that means). I do have most versions on my desktop and on my laptop. I usually use the desktop, but occasionally, I will be away with only my laptop or sometimes, I will want to test something to see if it is PSP or the computer environment doing something odd.

9 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I've had many different versions of PSP installed on both a desktop and a laptop at the same time. I don't have as many versions as Carole but every version I have had has been on both and it has never been a problem. Like Carole I mainly use the desktop but for a few years I would go to scrapbook retreats with my laptop so it was needed to be installed. Never been an issue. I think at one time I had a version installed on a desktop and 2 different laptops since I had gotten a new laptop and wanted to make sure everything was working OK.

Thank you both.  I think I wondered because I had bought 2023 and waited 6 months before downloading and the keys they originally sent me expired so I had to contact them for new keys.  I couldnt find the page where you can enter your keys to download, and when I did find something and try i ended up having to contact them, they had to verify my purchase and then send the new download email to me.  I thought I would have to do the same again, and I want to put 2022 on and wondered if I would have to jump through hoops like I did with 2023.  Otherwise, in the past (2020) I had loaded 2019, 2020 on both my desktop and laptop with just using the original key and the page on their website.  

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

I did think about doing that and likely will at some point. Thank you and thank you too for the url.

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Thank you both.  I think I wondered because I had bought 2023 and waited 6 months before downloading and the keys they originally sent me expired so I had to contact them for new keys.  I couldnt find the page where you can enter your keys to download, and when I did find something and try i ended up having to contact them, they had to verify my purchase and then send the new download email to me.  I thought I would have to do the same again, and I want to put 2022 on and wondered if I would have to jump through hoops like I did with 2023.  Otherwise, in the past (2020) I had loaded 2019, 2020 on both my desktop and laptop with just using the original key and the page on their website.  

Do you have an account set up on their website? All of your keys are available there. Every product I have purchased since 2008 shows up on the list.

I had an issue with the update.  It installed fine, but every time I did a merge down, it was crashing.  I put in a case, and I had to close down a lot of my startup apps, install and update some Visual C++, and shut down some processes.  That seems to have fixed the crashes, but then as I was testing the merge down,  it removed the layer, and duplicated the one above it. Undoing did not bring it back.  I did not save and closed the file.  When I reopened the layer was there. So Corel support did a remote session with me, but I was not able to reproduce.  They don't want me to reinstall, they want me to monitor and report any further occurrences.  I had this happen before the update, so I am wondering if it is a bug that did not get fixed.

2 hours ago, Sherie Dracup said:

I had an issue with the update.  It installed fine, but every time I did a merge down, it was crashing.  I put in a case, and I had to close down a lot of my startup apps, install and update some Visual C++, and shut down some processes.  That seems to have fixed the crashes, but then as I was testing the merge down,  it removed the layer, and duplicated the one above it. Undoing did not bring it back.  I did not save and closed the file.  When I reopened the layer was there. So Corel support did a remote session with me, but I was not able to reproduce.  They don't want me to reinstall, they want me to monitor and report any further occurrences.  I had this happen before the update, so I am wondering if it is a bug that did not get fixed.

Sherie, some time ago, I had problems reinstalling PSP 2023 and found this page [Sticky] -- Clean Up Tools for: PSP X4 through to PSP 2023 - Alludo USER to USER Web Board (corel.com).  I used the clean up tool and was able to reinstall.     Note: Corel has stressed that the cleanup tool should only be used for problem installations.
You should always use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall first and if there is an issue then use the cleanup tool.

3 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Do you have an account set up on their website? All of your keys are available there. Every product I have purchased since 2008 shows up on the list.

thank you.  Yes I do.  I will look at that.  I should poke around there and get more familiar with it. 

I try to write in English but will make here and there an error.  I apologize for that inconvenience. I always had trouble with the start of a new PSP edition. Mostly I wait till the updates arrived. Not this year, Corel came with an extraordinary discount. So I suspected trouble again. This time to my surprise the installation went very well. I had some difficulties. Like crashes so now and then. But mostly when I was trying over and over again. And had made a mistake the first time. "To my opinion". I had added something wrong and the PC made a wrong memory. The nowadays computers make memories. PSP does this too. It is for working faster. As you know in the PSP Tool cupboard are hidden draws. Screens for more. We have an extra screen when we are working with the layer palette. I saw to my surprise in the last Q&A Carole was clicking IN her layer palette. (not on the little triangle) .  And the hidden secret draw opened. I have to click in the little triangle  to open it, I v tried it a hundred times like they said but it doesn't work in the '23. I don't know or I made the first time a wrong memory or its up to a bug in PSP. not that it bothers me. I get it opened. Strange isn't it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I saw to my surprise in the last Q&A Carole was clicking IN her layer palette. (not on the little triangle) .  And the hidden secret draw opened. I have to click in the little triangle  to open it, I v tried it a hundred times like they said but it doesn't work in the '23.

I would have to check but if there is a little arrow, I should click on it to open the group. Can you point how far in the video you saw that?