Your BIG News

Susan Ewart

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Just wanted people to know it can be done without the tool in case they arent going to upgrade to 2023.  

A certain person might want to know the steps to take on this because all her photos are kind of hazy. Also the difference between the haze removal and one step photo fix (the end result, not the differences in the tools used).

Mine works too and i found the extra pack when PS opened it had a pop up for brushes you could buy (where I had to register too) and at the bottom was the free pack.  this could be a fun tool to play with.  but I sure need  A LOT of tutorials or practice.  controlling that brush is like riding a bucking bronco.  

particle shop test.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Susan Ewart said:

De mijne werkt ook en ik vond het extra pakket toen PS het opende, het had een pop-up voor penselen die je kon kopen (waar ik me ook moest registreren) en onderaan was het gratis pakket. dit kan een leuk hulpmiddel zijn om mee te spelen. maar ik heb zeker VEEL tutorials of oefening nodig. het beheersen van die borstel is als rijden op een bokkende bronco.  

deeltje winkel test.jpg

Suzan kun jij ons precies vertellen hoe je het download, misschien heb ik iets gemist. Het is voor mij alweer even geleden begrijp je. 

Well, THANK YOU for this! I saw the cost of the brushes (admittedly the most expensive were at the top) and never went all the way down to the bottom! AND I got 10 Free brushes on top of the 11 it came with! And this is with PSP 2022 Pro 

Here is my new hybrid - a double furry daffodil.  Made with a mouse in case you can't tell because Susan is right - controlling it is next to impossible.

Particle shop.jpg

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

Well, THANK YOU for this! I saw the cost of the brushes (admittedly the most expensive were at the top) and never went all the way down to the bottom! AND I got 10 Free brushes on top of the 11 it came with! And this is with PSP 2022 Pro 

Here is my new hybrid - a double furry daffodil.  Made with a mouse in case you can't tell because Susan is right - controlling it is next to impossible.

Particle shop.jpg

WOW!  this is a stunner!  it looks like the fur brush, is it?  You look like you've been doing it for years.  Do you think a tablet would be better to use?

Edited by Susan Ewart

1 hour ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Suzan kun jij ons precies vertellen hoe je het download, misschien heb ik iets gemist. Het is voor mij alweer even geleden begrijp je. 

Oh Jannette, I am not very techy and I downloaded it 4-5 months ago.  I cant remember if I had to install it or if it just happened.  The weird thing, is in my Set Up Files for 2023 I dont have Particle Shop.exe but I do in my 2022 Set up Files.  I wonder if when i downloaded 2023 I told it to keep the files from the last 3 PSP's I had.  I'm really sorry I am zero help in things like this.  In fact once I download, I'm never sure where anything is and if I need to do anything else to make the extra's work.  I wish there was more clear direction on this.  I went several years without installing the extras because I presummed it was automatic.  shouldnt it be? They are giving it to me and there should be a checklist on the download page asking what I want to download, I shouldnt have to go hunting for it.  

If Ann is reading this, she will know as she just downloaded 2023 (ultimate I'm talking about for me and for) recently.  And she has more a grasp on these things than I do.  Ann, please help us.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOW!  this is a stunner!  it looks like the fur brush, is it?  You look like you've been doing it for years.  Do you think a tablet would be better to use?

Yes, a tablet and a pen gives way more control.  Do you have that? Mine works, but it is from last century, and this was a mouse and my desktop. Change the size and it will hide the imperfections, not on'y of my terrible “mousing” but also jaggy edges (assuming you can find a brush that’s small enough.)

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

Yes, a tablet and a pen gives way more control.  Do you have that? Mine works, but it is from last century, and this was a mouse and my desktop. Change the size and it will hide the imperfections, not on'y of my terrible “mousing” but also jaggy edges (assuming you can find a brush that’s small enough.)

Not yet, hoping for Christmas.  I understand I dont need the latest greatest models just the smaller one that doesnt have all the bells and whistles.  

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Mine works too and i found the extra pack when PS opened it had a pop up for brushes you could buy (where I had to register too) and at the bottom was the free pack.  this could be a fun tool to play with.  but I sure need  A LOT of tutorials or practice.  controlling that brush is like riding a bucking bronco.  

particle shop test.jpg

Susan, the "bucking bronco" situation may be tamed by using the brush variance/jitter? Corel mentions it in that tutorial video.

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

If Ann is reading this, she will know as she just downloaded 2023 (ultimate I'm talking about for me and for) recently.  And she has more a grasp on these things than I do.  Ann, please help us.  

Susan, I'm in the same boat as you are. Just belatedly recalled there were freebies on the Welcome page for a new version. Unfortunately, I can find no mention of Particle Shop anywhere except in that video from the Corel Discovery Center. I have a standing link to them every Monday on my Google Calendar to see what new freebies are offered.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, I'm in the same boat as you are. Just belatedly recalled there were freebies on the Welcome page for a new version. Unfortunately, I can find no mention of Particle Shop anywhere except in that video from the Corel Discovery Center. I have a standing link to them every Monday on my Google Calendar to see what new freebies are offered.

Is it possible it didnt come with 2023 Ultimate?  This is the downloads I got.  Looks like I installed(and reinstalled it on March 19th and the fonts for some reason say July 26 - how bizarre).  Regardless, I dont see Particle Shop on the list at all, just PainterEss8, Photo Mirage, Multi Cam Capture and the Highlight Reel.  I've only tried Painter - it was a hot mess.  I'm glad I have i though, what Suzy did with that flower is really awesome.  

PSP 2023 Ult DLs.JPG

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, the "bucking bronco" situation may be tamed by using the brush variance/jitter? Corel mentions it in that tutorial video.

I am going to watch the video again.  I did see the different tools for the different brushes too, but forgot about the jitter.  At first on the big flowers it was fine.  After that it went wild.  So I  changed a setting way too much, forgetting that it was the jitter I was changing.   

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, ik zit in hetzelfde schuitje als jij. Ik herinner me er net laat aan dat er freebies op de welkomstpagina stonden voor een nieuwe versie. Helaas kan ik Particle Shop nergens anders vinden dan in die video van het Corel Discovery Center. Ik heb elke maandag een permanente link naar hen in mijn Google-agenda om te zien welke nieuwe freebies worden aangeboden.

WE all three are in the same boat, Susan E, Ann and me.  ?

• Haha 1

Hi,  I too did the update, and my haze removal was not visible nor in the view, customize screen.  I reset my workspace and it showed up.  However, now the program keeps crashing. I was working on 2 files, taking one and layering on the other and doing a blend mode.  As soon as I try to merge, the program crashes.  I did a system reboot, still crashing, then a PSP reset, still crashing. I did not redo my preferences, as I may have to do a reinstall.  Hope not.   I have opened a case with support, as I checked the Corel forum and no mentions of this issue.  Anyone else having this issue.  Also in one of the above comments (and I might be confused), it was said the haze removal had sliders?  Am I wrong here?  I don't see sliders with it.  Trying some stuff and it is not saving my files everytime I press save.  I had to save in a new file name to keep my changes.  Very strange.

Edited by Sherie Dracup
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Regardless, I dont see Particle Shop on the list at all, just PainterEss8

Susan, i bet you have Particle Shop. Go to effects > plugins > and Painter shows up, right?  Click Painter and one more fly out has Particle shop. I’m not at my computer now, so I could have made a mistake, but if you can find Painter from within PSP, click on it. That’s where you’ll find Particle Shop. They couldn’t have hidden it any deeper within the menu system if they tried!
And yes, the flower I made took 20 seconds and I used the fur brush in Particle shop. I didn’t have any dog or cat pics handy, LOL.

1 hour ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Hi,  I too did the update, and my haze removal was not visible nor in the view, customize screen.  I reset my workspace and it showed up.  However, now the program keeps crashing. I was working on 2 files, taking one and layering on the other and doing a blend mode.  As soon as I try to merge, the program crashes.  I did a system reboot, still crashing, then a PSP reset, still crashing. I did not redo my preferences, as I may have to do a reinstall.  Hope not.   I have opened a case with support, as I checked the Corel forum and no mentions of this issue.  Anyone else having this issue.  Also in one of the above comments (and I might be confused), it was said the haze removal had sliders?  Am I wrong here?  I don't see sliders with it.  Trying some stuff and it is not saving my files everytime I press save.  I had to save in a new file name to keep my changes.  Very strange.

I was having a weird issue when I went to put a photo over top of another photo (I was having them trade places in a grid).  PSP wouldnt do it, then I thought I'll delete the layer, move the other one and re-add the layer back in.  But when I went to move the layer with the move tool to the new location it disappeared (not in the layers palette but on the canvas) and left a lower opacity see through ghost of a layer in place.  so I deleted that layer and ghost remained....like in those movies where ghosts cant pass over because there is something left undone in their life so they are stuck in limbo....then they get all evil.  Uhm...YIKES!  Is PSP going to come alive and haunt me?  Back to reality, that's when I'd get a pop up from Windows saying PSP has stopped working, do I want to close or wait message.  

37 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Susan, i bet you have Particle Shop. Go to effects > plugins > and Painter shows up, right?  Click Painter and one more fly out has Particle shop. I’m not at my computer now, so I could have made a mistake, but if you can find Painter from within PSP, click on it. That’s where you’ll find Particle Shop. They couldn’t have hidden it any deeper within the menu system if they tried!
And yes, the flower I made took 20 seconds and I used the fur brush in Particle shop. I didn’t have any dog or cat pics handy, LOL.

I sure do have it in the same spot.  You are quite correct on it's placement.  I also have painter loaded as a stand alone.  Or rather, that's how PSP did it.  So if it say painter and flies out to particle shop, why does it say painter at all.  And how would you use just painter, other than PSP loaded it as a separate program. I like that so that's okay, would even prefer particle shop on the desktop separately.  that way I dont forget about them.  Out of sight is out of mind for me.  I agree, they hid that sucker well.  Maybe it's a surprise gem we would be delighted to find.  We were trying to figure out when we got Particle Shop, which version.  Donna answered the question, it came from 2020 (ult).   Is it weird I still have it but unistalled 2020 from this computer (it's stil on my laptop with 2021).  I have 2022 and 2023 on my desktop (all Ultimate version). I thought it would have disappeared when i uninstalled it, I'm grateful it didnt now that I see what fun can be had with it.

9 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Sorry for my late reactie had het erg druk vandaag.

hier is een link, het is in het Engels maar ook in vertalingen beschikbaar. 

Het is Corel niets kwalijk te nemen dat het er de hele tijd was. 

https://kb.corel.com/en/127074

I don't have Particle Shop or Painter included with my PSP2023 Ultimate, or 2022 or 2021 or 2020.