Your BIG News

Susan Ewart

Once you download it, just execute the exe file (make sure PSP is closed) wherever it is, and it will take a while but will work in the background. For me, it took about 15 minutes. You have nothing else to do but let it do its work.

I am not sure if it is standard, but when I installed it, it prompted me to reboot the computer. Was it part of the installation or just a coincidence? I don't know, but it is a possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shoot! I only have PSP 2022. Frankly it’s too much trouble to get another version, HOWEVER the hazy photo fix would be super cool to have!  I doubt I can go until next summer to get the updated 2023 version so I may as well get it now, but I’m going to try to hold out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Shoot! I only have PSP 2022. Frankly it’s too much trouble to get another version, HOWEVER the hazy photo fix would be super cool to have!  I doubt I can go until next summer to get the updated 2023 version so I may as well get it now, but I’m going to try to hold out. 

It's a killer deal right now though.  I saw it for $39.99 CAD.  That's like $3 American isnt it?  hahahah,  kidding, but it's really cheap.  

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Once you download it, just execute the exe file (make sure PSP is closed) wherever it is, and it will take a while but will work in the background. For me, it took about 15 minutes. You have nothing else to do but let it do its work.

I am not sure if it is standard, but when I installed it, it prompted me to reboot the computer. Was it part of the installation or just a coincidence? I don't know, but it is a possibility.

Thank you Carole.  here goes!

I'm glad you said to wait.  I thought nothing was happening and a minute or two later it popped up.  It completed fairly quickly too.  It did not prompt me to restart the computer, but I did anyways...just in case.  It opens and and it's like greeting an old friend.  Now it's time for bed, but I'm off tomorrow so I can play with it.  I need some PSP time since I started learning the new Raw editing program.  Slow going.  Thanks again Carole.  Your guidance is always appreciated.  I couldnt do it without you.

• Like 1

I have a question for all the 2023 users.  It has something called “snap to object”. Does this mean the two items are touching? Or could you set it for each item to be 20 pixels away from all other objects?  I have always wanted to make a really busy floral pattern with all the flowers only 10 or 20 pixels away from each other,  but it’s surprisingly hard to do!

8 hours ago, Suzy said:

I have to agree with you Suzy. I'm not sure I have the energy right now to install the newer version. I use 2022 and it seems enough for me.

Edited by Julie Magerka

I installed the '23 patch but have yet to really test it out. '23 was giving me big problems with vectors so I look forward to re-trying that workshop.  Meanwhile, a nice crew from  a local cat rescue org. is helping with capturing my "friendly feral's" kittens and Mama also, to be TNR'd and returned. The kittens are shipped off to waiting foster homes to be socialized and adopted out. Here's one of the babies, just nabbed last night. ♥️

kitten01-600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, Suzy said:

I have a question for all the 2023 users.  It has something called “snap to object”. Does this mean the two items are touching? Or could you set it for each item to be 20 pixels away from all other objects?  I have always wanted to make a really busy floral pattern with all the flowers only 10 or 20 pixels away from each other,  but it’s surprisingly hard to do!

I am not sure there is a way to make a 10 or 20 pixels gap all the time, but here is how the Snap to Object works:

https://www.loom.com/share/83a80a5fc2e24c6c89c396d9ce9979b7?sid=b5355fad-3410-440d-8f02-ff9cc9a7693d

And I am also showing how you can add that 10-20 pixels gap if you want, although it will be a little more "manual" work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that several improvements were noted including fixes for annoying bugs! I have not experienced the issue with selecting layers in the Layers palette using the patched version (and that was very annoying!)

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I have to say that several improvements were noted including fixes for annoying bugs! I have not experienced the issue with selecting layers in the Layers palette using the patched version (and that was very annoying!)

That is great news.  It's one the of the reasons I had stopped using it.  I really missed the Blend Mode previews, you get used to that really fast and miss it when you dont have it.  

I'm very happy with your big news! ? I have updated my pc and it only took 5 minutes, I suppose that is related to the pc you have and I always restart my computer after an update, it's a good rule of thumb. Now it's dinnertime over here, so later this evening I will check on the issues I had with 2023. If the really annoying issue with selecting layers in the layers palette is mended, that on its own would be great!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I am not sure there is a way to make a 10 or 20 pixels gap all the time, but here is how the Snap to Object works:

https://www.loom.com/share/83a80a5fc2e24c6c89c396d9ce9979b7?sid=b5355fad-3410-440d-8f02-ff9cc9a7693d

And I am also showing how you can add that 10-20 pixels gap if you want, although it will be a little more "manual" work.

What a great video and a very useful tool (once I put you on normal speed).  I had wanted to do a radial palette with hexagons and wanted to make it a template or mask, but couldnt work out in my head how to get all the hexagons lined up.  I had the solution all the time in 2023.  I am so happy that Corel took notice of it's customers issues and fixed them for us.  It's a good feeling to be supported.  ? Thanks Carole (because I'm sure you had a lot to do with lighting a fire under to Corel on these issues) and thanks Corel!

12 hours ago, Suzy said:

I updated, but can't find the hazy photo fix.

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

This video is wonderful, thank you! I hope everybody has a look at it…4 minutes (or 3:15 if you have it on 1.2 speed!). ??

• Love 1