What are you working on in August (2023)?

Cassel

Dorothy Donn's posting of her lab 6 layouts inspired me to try to make that flower (?) element in the middle.  I couldn't quite get it to work, but the multicolored element is my attempt at it.  I also tried doing another 4-petal flower multiplied and these are my results. 

MLS Stylized Flower 03.jpg

MLS Stylized Flower 01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

So I had to try out that special border in another way.  It seems that you can use anything that will go from border to border and have no gaps.  So I tried with a banner that I had created in one of the labs and it works.  All of the elements and papers are mine as well as the pictures (which I've used many times).  The font is Nandola (probably from CF).

Memphis Botanic Garden 2022_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

So I had to try out that special border in another way.  It seems that you can use anything that will go from border to border and have no gaps.  So I tried with a banner that I had created in one of the labs and it works.  All of the elements and papers are mine as well as the pictures (which I've used many times).  The font is Nandola (probably from CF).

this is lovely and I'm about to post after not seeing this forum.  you will laugh.  We have the same title.  I forgot to click follow and wondered why no one was posting in the What are you Working On forum.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

I was talking to Elvis the other (YIKES! Right?) and telling him all about The Scrapbook Campus, PSP and the Forums.  And you know what he said to me...."A little less conversation, a little more Action".  Kidding aside, here is my latest lab.  I dont like the purple color in the tags and might go back and redo it at some point and add some brown or stick with green, in the layout. 

Lab 7-1

• Concentric Rectangles
  • Filled Text
  • Photo Mosaic

Even if I'm not happy with my layout design I loved this lab. It's quick and easy to do.  I had to use the shift key and make straight(ish) rectangles because drawing with a mouse creates a very achy hand and it's just plain hard.  I was a skeptic, but once you use the tile to flood fill your page it looks pretty darned good.  Everything is mine except:

• Fonts: Annie Use your Telescope (google I'm sure), Raftera (Creative Fabrica)
  • Screwheads: Creation Cassel (cass-screwheads freebie)
  • Pink Flower, White Flower: corel picture tube

I even made two Vector tags (made previously, but after the workshop) and the Vector flower.  Contrary to popular belief, and because I said I did this;  no flower heads were cut off in the making of these photos.  They are in their natural element (if being in a Pot is "natural").  I hired a lighting designer for this shoot, she came highly recommended by the neighbourhood crows...her name:  Mother Nature.  

The Fine Print:  This post has been "Elivs" approved  (I think I've had too much sun)

Lab 7-1 Flower Power-600.jpg

• Love 6

27 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Thank you, Susan. I love watching the wildlife. The fawns are my favorite.

Baby anything is so fun to watch.  well, actually "anything nature" is fun to watch.  (except wildfires).   Do you live on an acreage?  I miss living out of town, so much more quiet and dark on the farms I lived on in the past.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I love the color combo you used. In fact, I'm going to save them to a palette! How did you make what looks like a flower chain that's above and below the main blue part?

• Thanks 1

The original illustration is from Freepik by Sketchpedia. For the background I decided to follow a "Swirls and Twirls" tutorial. It was shared by someone in another group and I hadn't used it in a few years. The background is made using the original pic and there are a whole bunch of layers. The tools used were mainly the Radial Blur and the Twirl Effects. If I didn't have my daily deadline, I might still be playing with them. The font is Hesthia Austine from Creative Fabrica.

large.FABDLGlowingGoddess!600.jpg.db9b6d642fedccf6afb6b6e2f488f01a.jpg

large.Twirls02-msfGlowingGoddess600.jpg.b749cd89faf20f9644966bcdc280e510.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Baby anything is so fun to watch.  well, actually "anything nature" is fun to watch.  (except wildfires).   Do you live on an acreage?  I miss living out of town, so much more quiet and dark on the farms I lived on in the past.  

Yes, I have 5 acres. The first comment most people make when they visit is, "It is so quiet". I love it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Michele said:

The original illustration is from Freepik by Sketchpedia. For the background I decided to follow a "Swirls and Twirls" tutorial. It was shared by someone in another group and I hadn't used it in a few years. The background is made using the original pic and there are a whole bunch of layers. The tools used were mainly the Radial Blur and the Twirl Effects. If I didn't have my daily deadline, I might still be playing with them. The font is Hesthia Austine from Creative Fabrica.

What a cool technique.  I love the colors too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michele said:

I remember that technique. It was someone in the maniacs group,  as you said several years ago. I can't remember who it was that posted it though.  I use it often, I have the steps printed  off.  Fabulous  work Michele!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I remember that technique. It was someone in the maniacs group,  as you said several years ago. I can't remember who it was that posted it though.  I use it often, I have the steps printed  off.  Fabulous  work Michele!  

Sue!  You're back!  have you been out photographing or more likely tending to the stock on the farm?  Hope to see some layouts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michele said:

I love the color combo you used. In fact, I'm going to save them to a palette! How did you make what looks like a flower chain that's above and below the main blue part?

Michele, the flower chain is tutorialed in Lab 7 Mod 12.  I had to look it up and my spreadsheet (shown earlier) has the picture of what I did for each of the tutorials, so it was easy to find where that came from.

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Michele, the flower chain is tutorialed in Lab 7 Mod 12.  I had to look it up and my spreadsheet (shown earlier) has the picture of what I did for each of the tutorials, so it was easy to find where that came from.

10 more labs until I get there! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Hier is les drie van de Vector Workshop - een blad overtrekken. Het gaat nu iets beter met nodes. Oefenen helpt.

LES DRIE - LEAF.jpg

Die is ook goed gelukt Ann. Ik wil die eerste drie lessen ook zeker over doen maar toen kwam Carole alweer met die Sewing, die heb ik ook nog niet af. Ik moet de corduroy nog doen. De Denim is al goed gelukt. Nu ben ik nog laptoppie aan het cleanen. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Michele said:

Michele, this is so beautiful! I love everything, the colors, and this creative background fits perfectly with the illustration... Lovely font too.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Good to see you here, Sue! I missed seeing your work.

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thanks so much, @Sue Thomas. It was Linda Bloodgood, but she's not in the maniacs group anymore. I don't now why.