What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

Here is what I'm working on - the July Blogtrain kit.   I'm not sure what I need to add, or what I need to take away, but there is too much text. I'm not big on ribbons and bows, or buttons, and I can't really think of something small yet 3-D. I think Marisa has resin flowers over there I can add. It's one of those, "But why would I add a rose when we are talking about tomatoes?"  I think I need to just suck it up and add the darn rose!

Here goes the test run, sneak peek. I think you'll recognize Cassel's phrase strips, her datestamp 10 (altered) ,and I would say subway text, but I did it manually. In the background, I used shadow placer and open as a copy and open as a layer. I need to BUY the large paper preview set in the store. https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=72.  I used the one they have there at Pixelscrappers, but it is super hard to use, being that it is just a template and is not automated. :))))

I need one favor from you all -- the slice of tomato was made by me using that spark AI. Generally speaking, I personally think AI is creepy, ad if you don't believe me, put a pic of your dog in there are see what it comes up with. YIKES!

Edited to add: So I need to know for sure this tomato is not creepy before I put it in a kit for real.  Let me know, OK? ESPECIALLY if you think it is bad.

Summer Tomatoes Preview 600.jpg

Edited by Suzy
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

Here is what I'm working on - the July Blogtrain kit.   I'm not sure what I need to add, or what I need to take away, but there is too much text. I'm not big on ribbons and bows, or buttons, and I can't really think of something small yet 3-D. I think Marisa has resin flowers over there I can add. It's one of those, "But why would I add a rose when we are talking about tomatoes?"  I think I need to just suck it up and add the darn rose!

Here goes the test run, sneak peek. I think you'll recognize Cassel's phrase strips, her datestamp 10 (altered) ,and I would say subway text, but I did it manually. In the background, I used shadow placer and open as a copy and open as a layer. I need to BUY the large paper preview set in the store. https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=72.  I used the one they have there at Pixelscrappers, but it is super hard to use, being that it is just a template and is not automated. :))))

I need one favor from you all -- the slice of tomato was made by me using that spark AI. Generally speaking, I personally think AI is creepy, ad if you don't believe me, put a pic of your dog in there are see what it comes up with. YIKES!

Edited to add: So I need to know for sure this tomato is not creepy before I put it in a kit for real.  Let me know, OK? ESPECIALLY if you think it is bad.

I like the tomato.  Love the moth too.  how about some pruning shears (since you have the quote "pruning is for suckers"), and maybe some seed packets for various tomatos, garden gloves, garden tools, plant pot with the tomato cage, or separate pot and cage, tomato planted in a plant pot and ymmy...a can of tomato soup.  make it your own tomato soup.  speaking of soup, I need to go eat.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Yes, I’ll use all of those…well, if I can. Not sure I can draw a tomato plant in a pot with a tomato cage, LOL!   A recipe card with tomato soup recipe would be really cute, and I already have the tabbed index card.  Thank you, Susan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suzy said:

Hmmm, interesting. The tomato slice looks realistic and juicy. The moth, however, seems creepy whereas the tomato worm is appropriate. Love your subway poster! Can't make out that wavy line of text across the top. I agree with Susan about a packet of seeds and/or pruning shears. You certainly do make interesting kits! Very different from the usual. I feel that way about  your bicycle kit, also. Good job!

15 hours ago, Suzy said:

Suszy - really neat kit - just add the tomato flower - it's a pretty yellow flower

Thank you both (thank you all, incl Susan).  You rock!  I have another couple weeks to work on those things.  Luckily I kept a plain black copy of the wavy text. I’m pretty sure when you can’t read it that the sticker part is too wide, but maybe it’s the contrast is too low.   I have a lot of very bad tomato flowers here, Mary. They roll back, like a turks cap, and can’t be drawn - by me anyway - as a symmetrical shape. Pixabay has some I can maybe use. And I have tomato plants here I can take pics of. Maybe I can do something with those.  I can draw one, I bet,  but they usually come in a cluster, and that's where it gets hairy.

I think I need to edit out some tomato stuff and and make it more generic. Add a bow or a ribbon, LOL! Or a jar of mayonnaise. A bunch of stuff is running through my mind. And I’m not happy with the papers now that I see them all lined up. Now I wish I had chosen a totally different topic, something else summery,  like a trip to the lake or an outdoor concert!

Thank you very much, Very helpful. And here is some trivia for you. The gooey stuff inside a tomato, surrounding the seeds, is called locular gel. I’m pretty sure that will come in handy sometime, just if I can remember it that long! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Suzy said:

Suzy, if you'd be interested, I found this .png on Pngtree and it includes the fruit, greenery and flowers. It's really large, about 3600 wide, so I made a reduction to show you here. If you want the large version, I'll put in up in our Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro Facebook files. I had to make a .jpg to post here but the original is a .png with transparency.

tomato_PNG12578_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, kasany said:

MyLittleFractalGarden. Fractal flowers created with Fractal Explorer. Carole's template, free garden's fence, a background of the picture created by me.

MLFG.jpg

These are so cool.  My favorites are the bottom left and bottom right and the centre row second from the top.  

Have now finished U in my Alphabet Soup Album.  On to V.  Might be Valentine - not sure.

All elements and papers are my own as well as the pictures taken at Union City.  I have noted the photographer of the city picture and where I got the journaling on the layout.

U is for Union City, TN_600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, Suzy said:

Suzy - the tomato slice is not creepy. I love what AI does.  I've made sketches, art, png's and if you don't like what they do the first time, just say ignite again and it will give you something different.  This looks like a great kit (but I don't like the caterpillars and moths that attack the plant)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Suzy said:

Ah, yes the cover, I thought that was what your Golden Gate bridge was -- I figure you absolutely need a date on the cover because you'll probably go back again in a year or two!  ?

Did you eat chocolate? Did you ride the cable cars?  Walk the steps to Coit Tower? I guess we'll find out soon when your pages start rolling in!

No I didn't do all of that, because I was there only for a day but I saw most of it any way My daughter doesn't live in the city, so we went there, it's about an hour by car but the traffic was very bad and it took us almost 2 hours to get to the Golden Gate bridge! Ater that, it happened to be mothers day, we had a crab lunch at Fishermans Wharf and we looked at all the activities there and then took a ride down Lombard street, the car just fitted and could do the serpentine road! Saw the cable cars and the painted ladies.

Btw your tomato looks great!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

No I didn't do all of that, because I was there only for a day but I saw most of it any way My daughter doesn't live in the city, so we went there, it's about an hour by car but the traffic was very bad and it took us almost 2 hours to get to the Golden Gate bridge! Ater that, it happened to be mothers day, we had a crab lunch at Fishermans Wharf and we looked at all the activities there and then took a ride down Lombard street, the car just fitted and could do the serpentine road! Saw the cable cars and the painted ladies.

Btw your tomato looks great!

Oh, I totally misunderstood - I thought you were in the city the entire time.  ut it sounds like you hit the high spots.  I have friends on the other side of the bridge, one in a really small town, about 1 1/2 hours out. Only he says the 1 1/2 hours is now 2 1/2+ hours.  This in the last 20 years or so, so it didn't happen over night, but I believe some of it really did happen overnight. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Suzy, if you'd be interested, I found this .png on Pngtree and it includes the fruit, greenery and flowers. It's really large, about 3600 wide, so I made a reduction to show you here. If you want the large version, I'll put in up in our Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro Facebook files. I had to make a .jpg to post here but the original is a .png with transparency.

tomato_PNG12578_600.jpg

Ann, that is so nice of you. Yes, that would be ideal, I think I can just sign up for myself, can't I? These are free?

This is my next intro page and it is about the weekend trip we took to Arizona because my son in law wanted to go to the Overland Expo! He went there for one and a half days and had the time of his life. My oldest granddaughter went with her dad for the first 1/2 day while the rest of us (my daughter, youngest granddaughter and I) visited the Museum of North Arizona that has an amazing art collection of the Hopi's, Navaho's, Apaches and other tribes. En route from the airport in Phoenix to Flagstaff we also visited Montezuma Castle, a big pueblo build inside a cave. The second day, son in law again to the Expo and the rest to the Grand Canyon, which is hardly to describe, spectacular!!!! The third day on our way back to Phoenix we visited Sedona and the Red Rocks, which were also very, very beautiful. Near Phoenix the highway is through the desert, another new experience for me. It were 3 days packed with so many new adventures and of course many photos to remember it all.

This page took me a lot of time to do with all the tiny details. The font is Perfectly Vintage and photos are mine except the flyer of the Expo which I found on Google.  

Intro Weekend Trip 2-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

This is my next intro page and it is about the weekend trip we took to Arizona because my son in law wanted to go to the Overland Expo! He went there for one and a half days and had the time of his life. My oldest granddaughter went with her dad for the first 1/2 day while the rest of us (my daughter, youngest granddaughter and I) visited the Museum of North Arizona that has an amazing art collection of the Hopi's, Navaho's, Apaches and other tribes. En route from the airport in Phoenix to Flagstaff we also visited Montezuma Castle, a big pueblo build inside a cave. The second day, son in law again to the Expo and the rest to the Grand Canyon, which is hardly to describe, spectacular!!!! The third day on our way back to Phoenix we visited Sedona and the Red Rocks, which were also very, very beautiful. Near Phoenix the highway is through the desert, another new experience for me. It were 3 days packed with so many new adventures and of course many photos to remember it all.

This page took me a lot of time to do with all the tiny details. The font is Perfectly Vintage and photos are mine except the flyer of the Expo which I found on Google.  

Beautiful layout.  That background is outstanding.  I cant imagine the scope of the grand canyon.  This picture goes on forever it looks like.  I like how you did the pictures.  They look like cards one would collect at the attractions gift shop.  It will quite a ride, armchair riding along on your vacation.  Only, it wont be as whirlwind and packed for me!  ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Beautifully done, Corrie.  Amazing trip.  I love this area and have visited it a number of times.  Always spectacular.  So glad you got to enjoy this weekend trip.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant, Corrie, really outstanding, well done, beautiful, and descriptive. Just all of it rolled together! Plus it’s cute.
No wonder you were jet lagged, they dragged you across the country!

P.S, never heard of the Overland Expo. Will have to Google it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Wow, spectacular, Corrie! Beautiful layout and I've added this to my bucket list. I'd love to see the Native American exhibits you mention and Sedona with the Red Rocks. I did Google the Overland Expo in Tuscon and it looks great for RV'ers. Here's the link - Overland Expo West

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

This morning in the latest email, Carole has another new script called Paint frames 1.  I'm always looking for new ways to showcase photos and these frames are awesome.  I've created the  rectangle frame with  corner boxes before, but not with the a higher opacity that overlapping or another coat of paint would give. Anyway  I gave it a go.  Although the script would have been quicker, these frames were easy to  create.   I added some noise

fly.jpg

Image3.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 6

A lot of fabulous creations and photos again!  I can't get enough...

@Corrie, great that you arrived back home, well preserved!

I read french and german daily news about canadian wildland fire and intense smoke level in some U.S. cities.
I hope that those of you who live there are all safe??!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, libera said:

A lot of fabulous creations and photos again!  I can't get enough...

@Corrie, great that you arrived back home, well preserved!

I read french and german daily news about canadian wildland fire and intense smoke level in some U.S. cities.
I hope that those of you who live there are all safe??!!

Doing well where I live in Alberta (close to Edmonton), hazy and smokey out but not super smokey smelling. We can have the windows open for "fresh" air. Hoping for some rain.  Still lots of communities getting evacuated (some for the second or third time).  

• Thanks 1
  • WOW 1